Who would like to see Strawn vs McClean play again

Nope, never played! Lolol. This isn’t about me though. I’m just tired of hearing people say Mclean wasn’t proven and Mclean couldn’t beat Strawn in a second game! I heard Mclean couldn’t keep up with Milford’s track speed and this and that. These Mclean kids never trailed ONCE all season! Destroyed Strawn, Follet, Garden City and Milford!! I’m so serious when I say Strawn didn’t deserve to be on the same field as Mclean! Milford and Garden City were worthy opponents, that’s it! And of course neither coach would play it again, it’s basketball season and we’re on a mission in basketball too!

It's discussions like this that cause folks to feel disrespected. Each is the champion of their own division. McLean beat Strawn fair and square as well as a bunch of good D1 teams in the playoffs. Strawn played arguably the toughest non-district schedule in history. Having said that no amount of discussion will make a rematch happen and saying what would or wouldn't happen is pure speculation with no concrete proof to prove/disprove any ones theories. Reminds me of Jeff Dunham's "Arguing with Myself".

I’m taking absolutely nothing away from Strawn! They’re a great football team, they deserved their championships and they earned them! That wasn’t my point at all. I’m very humbled by our Mclean team, and I’m just thankful I got to be apart of it all year. I just always feel like I need to defend them, but I obviously don’t, they proved to everyone what they are about!

Leman Saunders":ji6u5iw6 said:
I would like to see the McLean team play the 2016 or 2017 Borden County team

Or Strawn vs any of the RS champs. Some of those might have been pretty good. Could Lopez or Montgomery have caught TE, taken down Tippie? If if's and butt's were candies and nut's we'd all have a Merry Christmas (Dandy Don Meredith, great grandfather of the deathstar).

51eleven - You get where Im going! We should be talking about where these two teams rank in a historical perspective now! Sure I wouldn't mind seeing the teams play again, but McLean already beat them this season so let's leave it at that.

McLean is the only undefeated team in all of 1A, they beat Milford, Strawn and Follett! Garden City, White Deer twice!

And for the record...McLean would beat the best non-Texas six-man team by 80 points (and so would Strawn)...so ya they are National Champs no question

I agree 100%! Mclean did all the talking and proving they needed to do on the field this year! State and National champs for sure! So proud of them! Now onto basketball!

I really like this site except for all the excuses!
“If excuses were Candies and Nuts we all would have a Merry Christmas”
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

I understand the “what if” scenario if the D1 champion and the D2 champion haven’t played yet. But when one champion beat the other champion by 30+.. there should be no discussion.

Agreed! There are no what ifs, the game was played and Strawn was physically and athletically manhandled in tat game. They are a great team, but nothing compared to Mclean this year.

Strawn was not physically manhandled by McLean. Y’all beat Strawn fair and square the first game of the year but Strawn had 3 turnovers and a safety and McLean had zero turnovers. Y’all stopped Strawn inside the 10 yard line twicce and the score was still only 10 points going into the 4th. Strawn had there starting center out and two new lineman that had never started in a varsity game. I’m not making excuses. Just stating facts.

I understand that the turnovers happen when you play a good team and I will agree that McLean is a really good team but you need to stop running your mouth about how dominate y’all were over Strawn. You have been doing it for 4 months now! Wow. Just win like a champ. If you know six man football, a 30 point win is not always domination at all.

Y’all were the better team this year when we played and there will not be a rematch this year so we will never know what would happen if they played again.

Y’all won D1 and Strawn won D2 let it go at that.

Mclean actually did physically dominate strawn. That’s why they took a 10 point lead and made it 33 in one quarter. Strawn was not as physical or over all fast enough to hang with Mclean. They didn’t belong on the same field, as most teams didn’t this year. I’m just stating facts as well. Give Mclean the respect they deserve. They manhandled every team they played, period.

EasyE43":1yi7a1bp said:
Mclean actually did physically dominate strawn. That’s why they took a 10 point lead and made it 33 in one quarter. Strawn was not as physical or over all fast enough to hang with Mclean. They didn’t belong on the same field, as most teams didn’t this year. I’m just stating facts as well. Give Mclean the respect they deserve. They manhandled every team they played, period.

Please don’t tell me you where the guy wearing the jersey in the stands

Strawn could not beat Mclean or Garden City either one if they tried again this year. I can't imagine winning back to back then trying to get on here and talk about what you could have done. You played them both and lost Because you were out classed!

51eleven":2e6zwac8 said:
This happens every year since the split. A thread about D1 vs D2. I mean well, yes, who wouldn't want to see this game? But two teams are state champions, four teams got to play on the big stage and double the numbers of kids than before the spit can say "we were in the playoff's" (2-8 record's not withstanding, debate recognized).

Regarding the "again" on this year's game I can't say. I didn't see the first one. I did listen to most of it. Turned it off a few minutes early. My immediate thought's were, who is McLean (Happy beat them 2X the year before, out in the quarter final), and, Strawn was over confident and got punched in the face right off the bat and never recovered. They were 13-0 state champs in their minds no matter how much the coaches implored them to focus.
Both teams are at their best now. Both state champ's. It might be a great game. It might not. A couple of fumbles or penalties, early especially can change the momentum of a game big time in sixman. Who knows.

If you want speculation... might it come down to, did all that weight lifting Carlos did, going to state in it and all pay off? Could he bring Crockett down in the open field on the last play? I know he could catch him.

He never caught the TIGERS in week one and still couldn't. Congrats on the State Championship and back to back. The road to Mcleans National championship rolled right through Jayton and over the Strawn greyhounds. Be proud of your team but but them Strawn boys know who the best team in the state was Tigers baby!!!

Strawn is great, no doubt about it. However, the best D1 team is ALMOST always better than the best D2 team. The last year and the coming year are not exceptions.

Back