Who would like to see Strawn vs McClean play again

Lmao!! Who hurt all about the truth’s feelings??
Someone asked who would win and the McLean faithful are obviously sticking with their team just as you are.
What else are they supposed to do?

Strawn is the best team in the state. Would loved to seen a rematch. Wolf man go enjoy y’all a first ever title and need to learn how to quick talking trash because u probably never have done anything in your life because run your mouth. And now u are making people hate mclean football. Your probably the dad who had his sons football number tattooed to your chest. Living in your kids shoes.

How can Strawn be the best team in the state when they lost by 33 to Mclean? That doesn’t even make sense. We can all go back and forth on who would win the rematch but why do we need to? McLean beat Strawn head to head by 33 points THIS season. Which is the only season that matters right now. Congrats to both teams on winning a state championship.

Mclean Beat in this order

Strawn
GC
Milford

That's top three in state oh wait they beat Follett

Yes McLean if only for a while is the undisputed State Champ and best 6man team in Texas.

All about the truth":7dzsohs7 said:
Strawn is the best team in the state. Would loved to seen a rematch. Wolf man go enjoy y’all a first ever title and need to learn how to quick talking trash because u probably never have done anything in your life because run your mouth. And now u are making people hate mclean football. Your probably the dad who had his sons football number tattooed to your chest. Living in your kids shoes.

Take the L and move on.

All about the truth, on this thread you have made a lot of invalid statements. You might want to change your username. Secondly, the person with number 20 tatted on his chest is not his dad, it’s his cousin. You know “The Fire” thread, read the story. Cody also number 20 was Ben’s brother. It’s a memorial tattoo not a dad living in his kids glory. Get your facts straight before you start talking.

-Family member of Ben Crockett!

This happens every year since the split. A thread about D1 vs D2. I mean well, yes, who wouldn't want to see this game? But two teams are state champions, four teams got to play on the big stage and double the numbers of kids than before the spit can say "we were in the playoff's" (2-8 record's not withstanding, debate recognized).

Regarding the "again" on this year's game I can't say. I didn't see the first one. I did listen to most of it. Turned it off a few minutes early. My immediate thought's were, who is McLean (Happy beat them 2X the year before, out in the quarter final), and, Strawn was over confident and got punched in the face right off the bat and never recovered. They were 13-0 state champs in their minds no matter how much the coaches implored them to focus.
Both teams are at their best now. Both state champ's. It might be a great game. It might not. A couple of fumbles or penalties, early especially can change the momentum of a game big time in sixman. Who knows.

If you want speculation... might it come down to, did all that weight lifting Carlos did, going to state in it and all pay off? Could he bring Crockett down in the open field on the last play? I know he could catch him.

I do not have a dog in this fight. Mclean is the best team in the state. They would beat strawn again. Strawn is a great team and I have respect for them. It doesn't matter if strawn has 4 state championships. Maybe the strawn followers need to shut their mouths, quit disrespecting the mclean team and enjoy their championship.

Johnny South":2w650ms4 said:
Will they play against each other in week 1 next season?
I think Strawn might still be involved with the Jayton open weekend series but I have my doubts about Strawn wanting to play McLean to start the season again. Strawn lost 10 seniors, McLean lost 4 seniors and most of McLean's firepower is coming back, Strawn not so much. McLean might have a difficult time scheduling the pre district games since many schools will want to duck a butt kicking. Strawn will be above average competitive but not dominant. Teams want to tune up in the first game, not get Tuned Up.

Johnny South":1gigqujw said:

I hope not. Crockett in particular is a junior. Several of Strawn's starters this year are seniors, that's no secret. They do have some outstanding JR's, Soph's and even freshmen ready to step up. But maybe not ready for the D1 returning state champs first rattle out of the box. JMO. But I was surprised at this years early season schedule. D1 sate champ's BC, GC and whoever Mclean is, along with Milford again, now in D1.

Coach did challenge them. And they answered, ultimately with Another State Chanpionshp.

The Back To Back T-shirt's do look Really Cool!

Texlonghorn75":28kt1m5h said:
Johnny South":28kt1m5h said:
I think Strawn might still be involved with the Jayton open weekend series but I have my doubts about Strawn wanting to play McLean to start the season again. Strawn lost 10 seniors, McLean lost 4 seniors and most of McLean's firepower is coming back, Strawn not so much. McLean might have a difficult time scheduling the pre district games since many schools will want to duck a butt kicking. Strawn will be above average competitive but not dominant. Teams want to tune up in the first game, not get Tuned Up.

McLean will still be very good, mainly because Crockett is back... but they lose 4 HUGE pieces. 3 of the 4 played both ways and very rarely came off the field. They were 3 very physical players that blocked for Crockett all year. The other was the QB that had a great state championship game. McLean will miss those 4 tremendously, and will not have 6 legit players on the field at all times like they did this year. I am by no means saying that McLean can't repeat as champions, because they do have the best player in the state on their team that can carry them and they have a great coaching staff with lots of experience. McLean was able to be very aggressive on defense, because they could trust Chism Henderson and Bradley Hannon (both seniors) to make a play in one one situations. It will definitely be interesting to see how the young guys at McLean can fill the shoes of these 4 seniors.

Next year will definitely be a rebuilding year for some of the teams that performed well this year. No offense meant but Strawn has a lot of holes to fill. I may be wrong and please correct me if I’m wrong but seems like on an earlier game flier that had 14 seniors listed. McLean will have Crockett back but missing some supporting cast. Never count Milford out, always a strong program. Milford Insider said earlier they don’t rebuild, they reload. I like that philosophy.
If I’m not mistaken I believe the hard hitter for Oakwood was just a junior. Iredell will loose a lot of starters but should be fun to see what Sheffield (Whitfield’s cousin) can do since he’s only a sophomore this year.
Dang fellers....I’m depressed. Going to be a long off season.

I asked almost the same question about Strawn vs Borden county last year to see who would be the undisputed number one team in state. That does not apply to this year the best team in state already met and the best team won. I personally am a Strawn fan but you have to respect a team who played all the top teams in state and beat all of them fairly easy. No I do not think there should be a rematch McLean has proved what they need to prove they are truly the sixman undisputed CHAMPIONS!

Strawberry may have 4 titles, but they’re 0-1 against Mclean! Mclean would beat them by 50-60 if they played again. They didn’t belong on the same field as McLean in week 1, and definitely don’t now. Mclean is now STATE CHAMPS IN D-1 and also NATIONAL CHAMPS! They never trailed one single time all year and they deserve to be called state and national champs! Period! As far as next year, we will lose 4 KEY pieces, there’s no doubt! With that said, we still have 4 KEY starters and 3-4 sophomores who can PLAY! Also have a basketball kid only, who is one of the best athletes in the school, and if he will play, we won’t miss a beat. These kids aren’t satisfied and they will remain hungry! As for now, it’s BASKETBALL season and they will be chasing a championship in that too!

I’m willing to bet NEITHER coach would agree to such a game. Both close out the season as winners and Champions. Why would either want to risk a loss to satisfy speculation, conjecture, speculation and rabid fans that want “Bragging rights” ?
Just saying...........

Back