Who do y'all have? Oakwood vs Bluff Dale

I’m going with Bluff Dale only because how otil85 described the way they played Cherokee earlier in the season. So just a hunch no scientific evidence lol

It's going to come down to whether Bluff Dale can slow down Nickerson. We had a much better than average defense and he still had a really good game against us. I'm going to say Oakwood in a close one, but I know nothing about Bluff Dale.

Just looking at Bluff Dale's last two games, they gave up 30 and 35 points to average teams. Might be a tough night for them tomorrow. Very interested to see how this one turns out.

Last edited:
I'm going with Bluff Dale just because they are local to me and I've been told by a reliable personal friend that they were shorthanded against Cherokee. He also said that even at full strength Cherokee was still the better team.

I’m going with Bluff Dale only because how otil85 described the way they played Cherokee earlier in the season. So just a hunch no scientific evidence lol

I'm going with Bluff Dale just because they are local to me and I've been told by a reliable personal friend that they were shorthanded against Cherokee. He also said that even at full strength Cherokee was still the better team.
Cherokee would have still won that game, I believe, but yes, Bluff Dale was without their starting QB that game. Cherokee gashed us with runs up the gut over and over again. They weren't prepared for it. I think they are a much better team, now, than they were that early in the season, as well, after getting healthy and making the proper adjustments.

Against Calvert, Bluff Dale let a couple of players get over the top for easy deep catches and/or scores. In the Morgan game, I can't remember if that happened, but Morgan did return a kick from deep for a TD.
You do also expect competition to get better in the playoffs. I think prior to the playoffs starting, Bluff Dale was averaging about 25 PPG on defense.

Last edited:
It's going to come down to whether Bluff Dale can slow down Nickerson. We had a much better than average defense and he still had a really good game against us. I'm going to say Oakwood in a close one, but I know nothing about Bluff Dale.
I'd like to add that Bluff Dale also have an incredibly good running back, in DJ Wood. I'm also interested to see how Oakwood responds there.

How is Oakwood's passing game?

Oakwood has zero passing game.Depend on #7 to carry the load on offense.You shut him down and they have no other options on offense.
Absolutely true! But #7 is a grown man. I predict oakwood’s #7 and Bluff Dale’s DJ Wood will have a hard time finding someone brave enough to tackle them. Maybe the biggest two backs in sixman. Just be grateful they are not on the same team!

Last edited:
Back