Whitedeer vs McLean

Yeah, that was unexpected. Was the snow a big factor? Thought this would be a shoot out not a shut out. Just listened to the radio broadcast, but that McLean Defense sounded gnarly.

How can the snow be a factor?? Both teams had to play in it.. From listening to broadcast McLean just sounded way better than whitedeer.

6manonly":36256mz1 said:
Lbk6manfan where yall at the game
Yes sir, I have family in white deer, pampa, and miami so I was able to go. Rough drive from LBK though. Just wasnt the game I expected, pure dominance from McLean. McLean seems to be clicking on all cylinders, defense is just amazing to watch. Hats off to those young men. White Deer needs some soul-searching...

6manonly":vuiovk00 said:
Thanks lubk6man just wondered if McLean was as dominate as the broad asters made it sound onesided
Not a problem buddy, yes McLean is that dominate. It showed with several inches of snow, you wouldnt even have known there was snow the way McLean dominated. They look ready to take get redemption
on balmorhea in the playoffs. Bucks looked like a 2 round team, McLean looks they should repeat.

Honestly figured McLean wasn’t a state threat this year, but this game changes some things. Milford isn’t going to the big game this year I don’t think, but McLean could make a repeat. Balmoreah is the looming beast, but I would not want to play against Linman twice. Crockett sounded like a monster on the radio broadcast. That kid is a freak. Most 6 man backs are fast, but he’s a train.

Oh one. Ore thing fatkid.. my #s are researched and spot on. Since 2017 McLean and Whitedeer have played 4 times. Once in 2017 twice in 2018 and so far once in 2019. McLean has scored 217 points to WD's 76

That a 54 to 19 average.

I know Marfa's not White Deer. McLean 44'd WD, it went the whole game, they couldn't or didn't finish them off. Balmoreah started district rolling towards the playoff's winning by 78 points at the half. They've already beat Mclean convincingly. Maybe that will change in a playoff rematch.

Still licking our wounds. McLean played well and we couldn’t answer. We were too dependent on the passing game in a game where running was the appropriate play call. Hats off to McLean, they played to the conditions. Hope we get to meet them again in the playoffs. Nobody on either team was breaking long runs like normal. Snow will definitely slow even Big Ben down.

Back