Whitedeer vs McLean

6manonly":qlqa9qip said:
Historically Mckean has always been awful. Hats off to coach Linman. There is no doubt about why McLean wins under him. Not sure they can win this year but I hope they do. Wd has shown terrible sportsmanship over the last few times I've seen em play and I always like to see the humble teams quietly beat the arrogant Poor sport teams

This is not totally correct! McLean had really good teams in the late 80's and early 90's under the great Jerry Miller! They didnt win a a title but they were well coached and a tough group to play. And nothing against the current coach but you could've had almost anyone coaching McLean last year and they would have won!

swires":39qydtoa said:
6manonly":39qydtoa said:
Historically Mckean has always been awful. Hats off to coach Linman. There is no doubt about why McLean wins under him. Not sure they can win this year but I hope they do. Wd has shown terrible sportsmanship over the last few times I've seen em play and I always like to see the humble teams quietly beat the arrogant Poor sport teams

This is not totally correct! McLean had really good teams in the late 80's and early 90's under the great Jerry Miller! They didnt win a a title but they were well coached and a tough group to play. And nothing against the current coach but you could've had almost anyone coaching McLean last year and they would have won!

Disagree, I remember when mclean had some decent teams in the 90s and early 2000s. They had Aaron Rice in 99 who was outstanding. Think they went to the quarterfinals that year. They were a little above average until 2001. 02 mclean rebuilt, 03 they were a district contender. 04 Tied for 2nd in district( follett, Miami, Follett) Follett won the coin toss and played Valley forst round. McLean since then has been average at best until Coach Linman was hired

LBK6manFan":19681vde said:
Who cares about the past or last year between these teams. Both are considered contenders this year and it will probably be one of the best games this season. Itll be a fun game to watch, I just have to take McLean close in this one. Coach Linman will have his team ready to go.

Nothing against the current Coach??? You kidding me? Kittley had mild success, still didnt make the playoffs with the same group. Every coach before Linman hasnt had tremendous success year after year. I'm a Miami grad and I can acknowledge that. Cmon man, give credit where its due

With all Due respect, McLean was a powerhouse in the 1990s when Jerry Miller coaches them. Semi-finalist if I recal.

As far as the game is concerned, good luck to both teams and may no one have injuries.

LBK6manFan":1res90rh said:
LBK6manFan":1res90rh said:
Who cares about the past or last year between these teams. Both are considered contenders this year and it will probably be one of the best games this season. Itll be a fun game to watch, I just have to take McLean close in this one. Coach Linman will have his team ready to go.

Nothing against the current Coach??? You kidding me? Kittley had mild success, still didnt make the playoffs with the same group. Every coach before Linman hasnt had tremendous success year after year. I'm a Miami grad and I can acknowledge that. Cmon man, give credit where its due

This same group you are speaking of were a bunch of freshmen and the sophomores before he left. They were still small and growing when Coach Kittly was there. Crockett was 5 ft nothing and weighed 130 soaking wet. He grew a ton between his sophomore and jr year. He had some good kids but he didnt have the caliber of kids that Linman did last year and this year. Crockett is just that good this year that he carrying the team. He had a whole heap more help last year.

McLean is a program I’ve gotten to watch several times through the years, due to proximity. Unfortunately I have moved off during their best years! But they were an odd school. During Motley County’s best years (07,08) McLean had some great talent. The 2010(?) season they had Ben Crockett’s older brother as RB, and had a loaded team. I got to watch them versus Motley County, which they won, and Follett that year. They were outstanding athletes, and had probably the worst coaching staff I’ve ever seen. Saw them again in 2012, and same issue. Had a couple of good athletes that year, but the coaching was just awful. Linman has really turned things around there it seems. The athletic pool helps.

My apologies, I know Jerry Miller was an outstanding coach who had tremendous success and is HOF.

BigFan22":2s6cvgqz said:
McLean is a program I’ve gotten to watch several times through the years, due to proximity. Unfortunately I have moved off during their best years! But they were an odd school. During Motley County’s best years (07,08) McLean had some great talent. The 2010(?) season they had Ben Crockett’s older brother as RB, and had a loaded team. I got to watch them versus Motley County, which they won, and Follett that year. They were outstanding athletes, and had probably the worst coaching staff I’ve ever seen. Saw them again in 2012, and same issue. Had a couple of good athletes that year, but the coaching was just awful. Linman has really turned things around there it seems. The athletic pool helps.

This guy gets it.

CoachMiller":2hwvvnbg said:
With all Due respect, McLean was a powerhouse in the 1990s when Jerry Miller coaches them. Semi-finalist if I recal.

As far as the game is concerned, good luck to both teams and may no one have injuries.

I will agree that both teams play hard and have no injuries. I hope it's a hard fought game on both sides. Still have to take Linmans McLean team though as everyone's right to their own opinion.
McLean a powerhouse? No. Semis in the 90s is impressive but it's not multiple state titles and not too mention district championships which McLean doesnt have many of.

Dang it, games postponed. This is the game I've been looking forward to all year. No offense to White Deer but let's go Tigers! I have no doubt Linmans got his team ready to go!

crawford":hir3em0i said:
On Facebook-must be true then!

Yeah.. from the schools "dedicated" page on FB where a lot of people get local information from... So yeah, I would assume is would be true. Geez man lol who are you?

There is nothing on the WD site that says anything the about tomorrow nights game. It does say that tonights JH and JV games were cancelled.

LBK6manFan":2ny2ffdx said:
Dang it, games postponed. This is the game I've been looking forward to all year. No offense to White Deer but let's go Tigers! I have no doubt Linmans got his team ready to go!

This is fake news. Don’t believe it.

Redraider092":1lls9fm0 said:
LBK6manFan":1lls9fm0 said:

This is fake news. Don’t believe it.

Whoopsie daisy, I got ahead of myself. People make mistakes

One _pac2018":1x38mrdp said:
Kinda sucks these teams are playing on a solid white field tonight . Now whoever looses will blame it on the weather !
Yep, may be sloppy but the teams will show up to play. I'm sure both have had this game marked from the beginning. I still take McLean

Back