Whitedeer vs McLean

6manonly

11-man fan
Two weeks game of the week! Who takes it. McLean has won the last 3 meetings by a margin of 149 to 40. Does the streak continue or does WD finally beat Mclean?

They've both been beat this year, by undefeated teams. Could be better than last years matchups. WD's more seasoned, loss less than Mc Clean. Speculation on my part, not seen either, just what I read.

I watched both at Jayton. Will be a very even match-up. I will take McLean. You just don't bet against Ben Crockett when all the chips are on the table.

6manonly":e0qz3eqy said:
Two weeks game of the week! Who takes it. McLean has won the last 3 meetings by a margin of 149 to 40. Does the streak continue or does WD finally beat Mclean?

Let's go all your data correct before you post stats.. WD & McLean have played a total of 6 times since WD moved to 6 man. First 4 meetings were very close games
50-46 McLean 2014
39-38 WD 2015
35-21 WD 2016
50-36 McLean 2017 .. So if my math is correct that brings a total of 159-156 with McLean only having a slight edge in points. Thats what I would call a dang good match up for sure.. Last year they beat us pretty bad along with everyone else they played except for Milford, 56-18 in district and 45-0 in 3rd round of the playoffs.. This years game will be decided on Defense because they are both loaded still with running backs that can light it up. Whoever can shut down the offense and get a score in return will own this game... Can't wait till next Friday! It's going to be a shoot out!

Well Fatkid I'm not from or for either team. I know they are both good and I like good big games. Thanks for your stats but mine if you can read were from the last 3 meetings so dont get to upset we were both correct. I hope it's a great game cant wait

McLean has never been an elite program until Coach Linman arrived. He has completely changed their culture around. I take McLean in this one but I think it will be a close.

Last three games Mclean vs White Deer
2017 Mclean 50 White Deer 36 District Game
2018 McLean 56 White Dee 18 10/26/2018 District Game
2018 McLean 45 White Deer 0 Quarterfinal playoff
Combined scores last three games 151-54 or 50.3-18 average per game

The game will be broadcast by Texas 1A fan
https://www.1afan.com/broadcasts.html
The page has links to other broadcast also including, sixmania and various schools broadcasts

Historically Mckean has always been awful. Hats off to coach Linman. There is no doubt about why McLean wins under him. Not sure they can win this year but I hope they do. Wd has shown terrible sportsmanship over the last few times I've seen em play and I always like to see the humble teams quietly beat the arrogant Poor sport teams

6manonly":2c1gee1n said:
Historically Mckean has always been I take offense to your accusation against White Deer. If you recall (or maybe you don’t) McLean was the team slapped with two, I repeat two unsportsmanlike penalties on the same play against White Deer last year. And that was just a recognition of the way McLean played and was finally flagged. They have a good player and we have a great team. It should be interesting to see how it plays our Friday. awful. Hats off to coach Linman. There is no doubt about why McLean wins under him. Not sure they can win this year but I hope they do. Wd has shown terrible sportsmanship over the last few times I've seen em play and I always like to see the humble teams quietly beat the arrogant Poor sport teams

I take offense to your accusation against White Deer. If you recall (or maybe you don’t) McLean was the team slapped with two, I repeat two unsportsmanlike penalties on the same play against White Deer last year. And that was just a recognition of the way McLean played and was finally flagged. They have a good player and we have a great team. It should be interesting to see how it plays out Friday.

I agree with your assessment on White Deers poor sportsmanship. It’s usually a good game between McLean and White Deer. Lots of emotion from both sides, which is good to a certain extent.
As for GoBucks, we must not be watching the same game. I know of many WD unsportsmanlike penalties. Since you brought the Regional game that McLean thumped WD in. #44 if I recall had to sit out the first half against McLean in that game for not one, but two unsportsmanlike penalties against Ira the game before. The play that McLean got the penalty on was a result of WD playing dirty and twisting Crocketts leg. #24 from McLean stepped in and defended his teammate.

Glorydaze - we will have to agree to disagree. It’s not just WD vs McLean where the ‘less than sportsmanlike’ play has been observed. We’ll see if it persists this Friday. Should be a good game.

Go bucks I have numerous friends at McLean and was at that game. Those were the only two unsportsmanlike penalties of the year for McLean so I'm told. I do know that Crockett kicked the kid who was trying to break his leg long after the whistle I watched it and do did you. His teammates came to protect him and they played for it. Whitedeer had 6 personal fouls in several games last year like ira. They also had 5 against spur this year. I happen to know this for a fact you do the math. I hope that both teams stay safe and play like true winners and leave the bullcrap at home.

The biggest false statement of the day is go bucks starting that McLean played like that all the time. I assure you they were the most humble composed team a watched last year. And you can ask that of anybody who knows anything.

You misread my quote - they PLAY as in present tense, not past tense. And I know many people at many schools in the Panhandle that they have played THIS YEAR and whether flagged or not, they have a reputation. And yes, we'll see if it continues. I was also at the Spur game and although I didn't keep book on the game, I don't recall 5 unsportsmanlike penalties.

Should be a good game.

Sounds like a defensive momma protecting her young one I dont blame you on that. But because you dont like them because they have destroyed wd the last 3 years doesn't give you the right to fabricate crap. I hope it's a great competitive game.

Who cares about the past or last year between these teams. Both are considered contenders this year and it will probably be one of the best games this season. Itll be a fun game to watch, I just have to take McLean close in this one. Coach Linman will have his team ready to go.

Back