White Deer V.S. Union Hill

I've wondered if this might be a good game since I noticed it on the schedule a few weeks back. People had been talking up White Deer having a good team this year. I've tried to follow Union Hill since coach Mallory moved to the piney woods but that's hard to do. Not much info I've found on either team.
WD's 45'd Silverton and Leflors. Beat Paducha and BC by 22 each and Follett by 20, all reputedly good teams though BC has fallen off the state champs level with injuries, coaching change or whatever.
I didn't find scores on UH games with Dallas Lutheran, Avalon or Westlake Academy on http://www.lonestarfootball.net/ but I read a game summary about one, I forget which one. UH 45'd whichever one and a rb had a big night, around 200 yards, I think 4-5 td's. Kind of surprised me, I'd read their stud rb from the last 2 years had transferred to 11 man for his sr year. Wondered how they would do without him. I think Colt Mallory scored a couple of times in the game as well.
They beat Aquilla by 25. Oakwood 45'd Aquilla, RS beat Aquilla by 3, Jonesboro beat them by 28.
Then UH 45's Oakwood who is supposedly good this year though they're now 3-3 having lost to Milford by 15 and Calvert by 11. Did Oakwood have injuries, grade suspensions?
I know UH lost there 1st game of the year to BC in Jayton by 33 but I wonder if that was an anomaly.
First game without their go to rb the last two years. Facing the D1 returning state champs (did BC start the season with the injuries?). A nearly 400 mile one way ride on the bus from the piney woods to the flat treeless desolation of Jayton, likely the first exposure to such for some players.
Wish this game was being streamed/on a radio link, since I can't be at it.

The BC WD game was a slugfest and injuries happened on both sides not to mention both teams had several players fighting cramps a good part of the game because of the crazy humidity that day. BC is still a very strong team and I wouldn't buy as much into the injury talk as other people would put out there. I did hear that only 5 out of 11 varsity players and only 2 starters were able to play in the game against Strawn where they got worked over which says slot about that score. From what I understood they played all of their regulars against WD. I am excited to see two teams with limited familiarity with each other play this weekend! It should be fun to watch even with the drive both teams are making for the neutral game.

I'll go with the east Texas team. Just because I have seen them, make it deep each year come play offs. And i too think it's neat both teams willing to travel, I hope the fans travel too. This should be one of the more contested matches this week both teams with long term dreams. Safe travels to each.

51eleven":29i9p14d said:
I've wondered if this might be a good game since I noticed it on the schedule a few weeks back. People had been talking up White Deer having a good team this year. I've tried to follow Union Hill since coach Mallory moved to the piney woods but that's hard to do. Not much info I've found on either team.
WD's 45'd Silverton and Leflors. Beat Paducha and BC by 22 each and Follett by 20, all reputedly good teams though BC has fallen off the state champs level with injuries, coaching change or whatever.
I didn't find scores on UH games with Dallas Lutheran, Avalon or Westlake Academy on http://www.lonestarfootball.net/ but I read a game summary about one, I forget which one. UH 45'd whichever one and a rb had a big night, around 200 yards, I think 4-5 td's. Kind of surprised me, I'd read their stud rb from the last 2 years had transferred to 11 man for his sr year. Wondered how they would do without him. I think Colt Mallory scored a couple of times in the game as well.
They beat Aquilla by 25. Oakwood 45'd Aquilla, RS beat Aquilla by 3, Jonesboro beat them by 28.
Then UH 45's Oakwood who is supposedly good this year though they're now 3-3 having lost to Milford by 15 and Calvert by 11. Did Oakwood have injuries, grade suspensions?
I know UH lost there 1st game of the year to BC in Jayton by 33 but I wonder if that was an anomaly.
First game without their go to rb the last two years. Facing the D1 returning state champs (did BC start the season with the injuries?). A nearly 400 mile one way ride on the bus from the piney woods to the flat treeless desolation of Jayton, likely the first exposure to such for some players.

It will be streamed here: https://www.1afan.com/broadcasts.html

51eleven":1c97wm21 said:

I watch a lot of East Tx games. Yes Oakwood has been hammered with injuries and a couple of suspensions. From what I was told, they were missing several against Milford, a couple against Calvert, and only suited 9 or 10 against UH. I saw them play earlier and if they are healthy, they are very dangerous. Speed all over the place. No one in that district can play with them.

sixmanfan2007":1r5c3nl2 said:
51eleven":1r5c3nl2 said:

It will be streamed here: https://www.1afan.com/broadcasts.html

Thanks. Looks like whatever rain they might have had has cleared out but if it was anything like the Dublin area it may be muddy.

Back