Where Does He Now Rank?

I don’t think anyone has mentioned him but Michael Young our of rising star played one year of 6man football. He had interest from a lot of D1 schools prior to the drop to 6man. He might be the best all around athlete 6man has ever seen but he is forgotten because he didn’t play 4 years.

MA1984":2le8l8ke said:
I don’t think anyone has mentioned him but Michael Young our of rising star played one year of 6man football. He had interest from a lot of D1 schools prior to the drop to 6man. He might be the best all around athlete 6man has ever seen but he is forgotten because he didn’t play 4 years.

Micheal Young was a great athlete. But he didn’t have enough around him to make waves. Did you happen to ever see a man by the name of Bo Simpson from Trent. Believe he went on to compete in the decathalon at SF Austin. Straight athlete. FB, roundball, cricket, curling. Didn’t matter

I couldn’t remember his name but he was outstanding and I believe he was with Albert Booker. Both were amazing athletes. If I recall correctly there was a young man from Highland (Ryan Astkins ?) that ran track at Tech which is no easy task.

I have not heard of Bo Simpson but you are correct with Michael Young he didn’t have the best supporting cast. At this point when you start talking about the best ever or the Mount Rushmore no name is going to be wrong. One person wrote about Orlando Bell from Star I saw him play a couple of times and he was on awful teams for the majority of the time he played but I don’t think there would be one coach that wouldn’t welcome him to their team.

Bo Simpson had trunks for legs. Granted he was 19 I believe with an extra year of eligibility granted by the UIl. He would have fit in well with the dare I say “juiced” up Gordon teams in I believe 02’03’. Best pure across the board athlete I have seen

I remember Michael Young from Rising Star. He was Dave Campbells preseason player of the year his senior year (as well as mine. I believe he went 9-2 which isn’t bad at all without a good supporting cast. However I can argue that there were equal or better players than him that year. I can name 3-4 on the top of my head. I don’t want to say he was overrated, but he doesn’t go down as a HoF player imo.

Does it have to be players from the same year?

Paducah - Justin Hampton, Hemphill, G Walker 2004-2005
Valley - Fidel Valdez 2004-2005
Richland Springs Avila (?), Lewis, Fox 2004-2005
Aspermont - Bryce Meador 2004-2005
Zephyr - Tanner Mays 2004-2005
Calvert - Ford and Grimes 2004-2005
Meadow - Streety 2004-2005

Just a few I can think of on the top of my head. If we are just going by his class there are more I can name. Tanner Mays was the best spreadback that year besides Tanner Woods and Tyler Ethridge.

Yes there were some great players that year. I believe ford received the Dave Campbell’s trophy that year. I’m afraid Blum just knocked back Crockett a good many spots in my opinion

Bbwolf, forgive me for contributing my opinion. You don’t know what your talking about. Just another worthless opinion from me. :)

If he was as good as people say he would have led them a 2nd State Championship. Also the Might West is not as mighty as once thought. Just saying!

To put this thread to rest: No, Crockett is nowhere near as good as TE or many other good to greater sixman football players. While he underwhelmed as a RB, I do think he could have played LB at a larger 11-man school. I will let him decide whether that translates onto the college.

I disagree about Crockett. I think he is one of the greats as well as TE. You can say what you want about Crockett, but he did carry the load this season and got close again to another state championship without the 4 outstanding players that graduated from the year before. To go from a team with tons of depth, to one where you have good surrounding players but not great, is pretty impressive to me to lead your team to the state championship.

A fair comparison in your words would be, Dwayne Miles wasn’t an elite because they barely beat there opponents to their state championships. With your view, had Amherst lost on red zone possessions and didn’t get the chance to go to state he would just be another guy that was good. Am I right?

My point being, Dwayne Miles, TE, Crockett, all deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence, because they were all amazing players.

TebowTime15":1agrxl3y said:
To put this thread to rest: No, Crockett is nowhere near as good as TE or many other good to greater sixman football players. While he underwhelmed as a RB, I do think he could have played LB at a larger 11-man school. I will let him decide whether that translates onto the college.

Tebow shame on you for letting your personal feelings go against Crockett. Blum was a better team than McLean and you obviously have issues if you think he isn't one of the best all time. Tou lost all respect for your last post..

Coach Roach":s1ph3jat said:
I disagree about Crockett. I think he is one of the greats as well as TE. You can say what you want about Crockett, but he did carry the load this season and got close again to another state championship without the 4 outstanding players that graduated from the year before. To go from a team with tons of depth, to one where you have good surrounding players but not great, is pretty impressive to me to lead your team to the state championship.

A fair comparison in your words would be, Dwayne Miles wasn’t an elite because they barely beat there opponents to their state championships. With your view, had Amherst lost on red zone possessions and didn’t get the chance to go to state he would just be another guy that was good. Am I right?

My point being, Dwayne Miles, TE, Crockett, all deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence, because they were all amazing players.

We can agree to disagree, but I don't have anything against Crockett and hope he has a successful life.

TebowTime15":1xgxwppe said:
Coach Roach":1xgxwppe said:

We can agree to disagree, but I don't have anything against Crockett and hope he has a successful life.

Dont worry tebow tou just exposed your biased stupidity to everyone. We can all disagree but you to say the state game defines one of the top careers in sixman is just the epitamy of RS Clowns.

Crockett I believe accounted for almost or over 500 total yards (running/passing) and had a hand in or scored just about all of mcleans TDs.. not sure how he "underwhelmed" in this game at all

EDIT** it was just under 500

Blum's defense did the best job of anyone holding Crockett and team to low ypc rushing. Tebo is insinuating that this game diminishes this conversation now by saying we should put this to rest suggesting either that he had a bad game or simply bc they didnt win the conversation is over...but there's the truth

Crockett had 469 yards of total offense scored 4 rushing TDs and threw 3 TD passes, 13 solo tackles, 3 assists. That's a great state game performance sorry. So a bad game for this guy was nearly a 500 yards of offense game with a hand in 7 TDs and lead both teams in passing yards, passing TDs, total yards and in tackles.

I think this fun debate is far from being put to rest

Back