What was going on at Sands game, Thought this should been 45

Mustangs":1fv5mw44 said:
Those are the five teams that have a chance at winning at state championsip. Aspermont could upset along with garden city. Maybe that's the problem youve had one to many already.
This is one of the best reading post I have seen you make! I with a few others have trouble trying to understand you sometimes. Thats all, nothing personal so you might ease up alittle.

Re: What was going on at Sands game, Thought this should been a 45

Sands won i heard , but got beat down and a reality check , by KLONDIKE. 50-33. Sands parents not happy about that win. I love it when teams go in 45 point favorite and come out barely winning.

sands got beat down by a horrible klondike team. sands should have beat them 45-0. I don't know how klondike has won a game. sands might as well hang their cleats up and get out their basketball shoes. or could klondike be a good team and sands 55-33 score could be a little deceiving in that one of their best players #25 didn't play defense and i'll think well keep our cleats out a little longer. It's funny how water valley and ira are top two teams in the state and we played at water valley and played with them to the very end just coming up 2 plays short. sands 45 sterling city. you know you get caught up thinking all good teams are supposed to 45 everybody take a look a garden city and their run to two straight championships. I like our chances especially when we have people building their teams up and tearing other teams down. I'll repeat it again, somebody will be right, but you have 5 teams however order you want to put them. borden county, ira, rankin, water vally, sands. and garden city, and aspermont can beat anyone of these but they cannot win more than one.

what is confusing about this. Some people are confused about five teams if you understand english the period at the end of sands ends that part of the sentence. That are the five teams. And the first part isn't to confusing if you read the remark made by jafo. I was agreeing with him on how Sands got a beat down. But after thinking about it maybe we didn't get a beat down. What confuses me is how one thread changes subject numerous times. I'm sorry that I was responding to the initial response and the headline instead of the jibber jabber that was going on afterwards.

So, just to make sure I'm straight on this...

The team that lost beat down the team that won. The team that got beat down is one of only 5 teams that have a shot at state. The other 4 teams that have a shot at state can be beaten by one of the 2 teams that do not have a shot at state, but just once. If not state caliber team beats state caliber team, then both are eliminated. But if two state caliber teams meet in district play then the team that loses wins state, via the beat down rule.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

How can sands be on that list? Who has even heard of sands. I looked all over the Texas map and couldn't even find them. Seriously? Sands? You can't just pull common words out of the dictionary and make them a top five team. Ludicrous!

hornkeeper12":c1w3wyuu said:
How can sands be on that list? Who has even heard of sands. I looked all over the Texas map and couldn't even find them. Seriously? Sands? You can't just pull common words out of the dictionary and make them a top five team. Ludicrous!

You are sounding a lot like HookemBabe. Don't make me give you a history lesson.

hornkeeper12":2j7gmj9k said:

And, how much did Dr Tinkle give you to post that?

And for our next lesson. Periods. Not just for ending sentences anymore. Contrary to popular belief (and proper usage). They can now be used to end PART of a sentence.

Hornkeeper keep showing your ignorance. Jump out there and let me know who you think will win. I will stand behind by post all year long. Its kinda funny you can attack kids by a school name. It's not their hard work and dedication that wins games its a school name. Is that correct?

Im not going to get on here and tear another team down. If someone makes a disrespectful comment about our boys at Sands, I am going to respond. I try to give all the teams credit for their hard work. I can get on here like a lot of people and just build up Sands and tear other teams down. But I speak from the heart and the truth. Rankin has lost two in a row but they can rebound and beat Ira and Water Valley. Borden County can beat Rankin and Sands can beat Water Valley but other people seem to think that if they beat a team by a touchdown or two they are guaranteed a trip to state. Do i think Sands is the favorite? no!!! Here are my top 4 WV,Ira,Rankin,BC. Sands will need alot of things to go right. See thats the thing this year the team that does win will need to have destiny on their side. Like I said in a previous post a lot of playoff games end in a 45 then that team gets 45 and so on. Week one of playoffs to the championship game will be a dogfight. I will be proven right this will be the best playoff ever in six man history..

Mustangs":2y35c3br said:
Hornkeeper keep showing your ignorance. Jump out there and let me know who you think will win. I will stand behind by post all year long. Its kinda funny you can attack kids by a school name. It's not their hard work and dedication that wins games its a school name. Is that correct?

Mustang, calm down. Hornyboy was gigging me. Last year a "nice lady" from Aquilla wrote a post similar to that griping about how Sands was ranked in the top 10 and Aquilla wasn't in the top 20. I gave her a little lesson on the good things Sands has done and gave her driving instructions from Aquilla to Ackerly. She's still POed at me. She hasn't done much to improve my opinion of her either.

ROFLMAO!!!
Mustangs, I have to be direct here. No one, I mean not a sole is disrespecting or putting Sands down. All these folks are having fun and honestly, it's going right over your head. What is being teased slightly, your grammar and punctuation. It may need a little work, and I truly hope your a student so you can receive a little more instruction. We just had this conversation about private vs public school in another thread.

Mustangs":2iu7yleh said:
I have jumped. I have posted predictions. Last week I posted predictions for all of the UIL district games. I was only a mere 12 for 12 on that one, but I'm getting better. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I do a rating chart too. I was 91 for 107 this week. (85.04%). (The new ratings/rank will be posted sometime today) So yeah, I don't think I could "jump out there" any more than I already have with who I think will win.

Wasn't attacking anyone, OFB kinda explained that one. By the way, Dr. Tinkle had nothing to do with it. I have been on here long enough to remember laughing my hindend off at that
thread. I've just been a reader till recently.

Back