What was going on at Sands game, Thought this should been 45

JAFO

Six-man fan
Sands won i heard , but got beat down and a reality check , by KLONDIKE. 50-33. Sands parents not happy about that win. I love it when teams go in 45 point favorite and come out barely winning.

A wise old coach once told me (and the other 50 coaches in the room) that his objective in the regular season was to play the game as long as he could ... try and make it go 40 minutes, playing subs and developing his game for the PLAYOFFS.

Once it became playoff time, his rule was get it to 45 and go home.

In fact, I was at a game last night where the opposition could have 45'd us at half. But he has a deep team with lots of freshmen and sophomores and wisely used them ... we went 40 and they won by 29 (with our squad scoring on the next-to-last play of the game). If you got the bodies, that's what I'd do ...

Sounds like you got a bunch of fans who would complain if you hung 'em with a new rope ...

oldfat&bald":20hujphw said:
Lifegate, I'm beginning to think JAFO is a Klondike kid or parent. He's just bragging that they didn't get 45ed by Sands.

Probably a parent ... kids ain't that stupid.

lifegatesports":kbhbvggq said:
oldfat&bald":kbhbvggq said:
Lifegate, I'm beginning to think JAFO is a Klondike kid or parent. He's just bragging that they didn't get 45ed by Sands.

I am always appreciative when I see the correct word usage, one of the words I hate the most on these boards is prolly in lieu of probably, and ur instead of you're.

just saying . . .

lifegatesports":2xtxmedi said:
oldfat&bald":2xtxmedi said:

Parents with kids get that way by giving them a piece of their mind every time the kid screws up. After a while, the kid has so much of his parental units' minds, he/she is very smart......

fajitapete":6wbdwstb said:
lifegatesports":6wbdwstb said:
oldfat&bald":6wbdwstb said:

I am always appreciative when I see the correct word usage, one of the words I hate the most on these boards is prolly in lieu of probably, and ur instead of you're.

just saying . . .

I can see that
file.php
you.....

Maybe ur, prolly, ain't, and just saying are all just current trends. U know, people just like to use em cause it simplifies these days of texting, messaging and what have you. I know I will prolly start something again with my opinion, but I guess I ain't gonna let it get to me. Heck, its just a dang ole message board for people to chat about all things football. Well maybe not all things football, but at least some football discussion still goes on.

Just sayin...

BTW, I think that last one was made popular and catchy by the female teenage variety. So I guess kids done are smarter than parents because all we can do is try to emulate em. Just sayin....

sands got beat down by a horrible klondike team. sands should have beat them 45-0. I don't know how klondike has won a game. sands might as well hang their cleats up and get out their basketball shoes. or could klondike be a good team and sands 55-33 score could be a little deceiving in that one of their best players #25 didn't play defense and i'll think well keep our cleats out a little longer. It's funny how water valley and ira are top two teams in the state and we played at water valley and played with them to the very end just coming up 2 plays short. sands 45 sterling city. you know you get caught up thinking all good teams are supposed to 45 everybody take a look a garden city and their run to two straight championships. I like our chances especially when we have people building their teams up and tearing other teams down. I'll repeat it again, somebody will be right, but you have 5 teams however order you want to put them. borden county, ira, rankin, water vally, sands. and garden city, and aspermont can beat anyone of these but they cannot win more than one.

Mustangs":37vvijbl said:
sands got beat down by a horrible klondike team. sands should have beat them 45-0. I don't know how klondike has won a game. sands might as well hang their cleats up and get out their basketball shoes. or could klondike be a good team and sands 55-33 score could be a little deceiving in that one of their best players #25 didn't play defense and i'll think well keep our cleats out a little longer. It's funny how water valley and ira are top two teams in the state and we played at water valley and played with them to the very end just coming up 2 plays short. sands 45 sterling city. you know you get caught up thinking all good teams are supposed to 45 everybody take a look a garden city and their run to two straight championships. I like our chances especially when we have people building their teams up and tearing other teams down. I'll repeat it again, somebody will be right, but you have 5 teams however order you want to put them. borden county, ira, rankin, water vally, sands. and garden city, and aspermont can beat anyone of these but they cannot win more than one.
Can anyone translate this???

I think I can. Final score means nothing. Sometimes a good team just doesn't have a great night. Only pay attention to the win loss column. There are 5 teams that could beat any other one on any night and vice versa. We will not know who the best in the West is until the final matchup. Sands had a big talent out last night or it would have been a 45 game. The only part I can't translate for you. I can't find a way to get Borden County, Ira, Rankin, Water Valley, Sands, Garden City, and Aspermont to add up to 5.

This is fun. I think he means anyone of the first 5 he mentioned could win on any given night, but that Aspermont might beat one of those, but lose to the other 4. Maybe?

SimplyPut":24u7ylv6 said:
I think I can. Final score means nothing. Sometimes a good team just doesn't have a great night. Only pay attention to the win loss column. There are 5 teams that could beat any other one on any night and vice versa. We will not know who the best in the West is until the final matchup. Sands had a big talent out last night or it would have been a 45 game. The only part I can't translate for you. I can't find a way to get Borden County, Ira, Rankin, Water Valley, Sands, Garden City, and Aspermont to add up to 5.
Thanks... I..think. I know I'm from Water Valley but I cant get all those teams to add up to five. And I have tried several times! The final score does not affect the win loss column? Oh.. hell, I will have one more and call it a night.

Those are the five teams that have a chance at winning at state championsip. Aspermont could upset along with garden city. Maybe that's the problem youve had one to many already.

Hey Mustang, this is all just a little fun. Sands has a very good football team. Your correct the way I see it, it's early and anything can happen. Just remember, JAFO is your target. I think he was the only one trying to say something.

Back