What everyone opinion on Happy vs Borden county

If Borden's defense sits back and waits on Happy's offense like they did playing GC then they will be playing BB on Monday.

Both teams and their fans are a class act. I think Borden county was playing better 6 wks ago but I think Happy is playing better now. I've been waiting for this game. I think Happy will win this one.

Not sure about Happy being the winner. Last year BC beat Happy by 42. So my question is what has changed for Happy that would close a 42 point gap? Also I see they had 2 common opponents this year
BC 48 Meadow 0: BC 56 Nazareth 0
Happy 66 Meadow 20: Happy 70 Nazareth 20
So I would say BC has defensive advantage. I know they have had some injured players the last 2 games but I believe they will all be available to play this Saturday.
So I think if BC can play at 100% they win easily if not it will be a game till the end.

I'm sure it will be a great game! I saw Happy play both Crowell and Valley earlier this year and they are the real deal! Saw Borden County play Paducah but that was not any competition for them. Though I still believe this will be a great game which I believe could come down to the final minutes. I just hope every player is healthy and gets the chance to play. Best of Luck to both sides.

Captain72":39i6v88v said:
Not sure about Happy being the winner. Last year BC beat Happy by 42. So my question is what has changed for Happy that would close a 42 point gap?

Happy might still have mostly the same pieces from last year but each and every one has improved. The tail back, Bryan, has obviously improved and is making a strong case for offensive MVP. The rest are one year faster, one year stronger, and one year smarter.... but the same case could be made for this Borden team. So excited for this matchup. You can bet I'll be glued to my seat in Levelland from start to finish!

BC3":3ri9oyzp said:
If Borden's defense sits back and waits on Happy's offense like they did playing GC then they will be playing BB on Monday.

True story, both BC's offense and defense had a jolt at half time which sealed the game for BC. It was a great game.

Happy let Knox City score 14 on them, i didn't see the game but Borden will score often unless happy can stop that shotgun spread.

Therefore I pick BC by a field goal...

I have a funny feeling that Happy has had this weekend circled on the calendar since the realignments were announced. The boys from BC had better play their best game for 4 quarters Saturday.

Bret Tyler has been the thorn in the sides of Tye Keith and Trey Richie

Should be a good game but Borden County not having to go through a Bret Tyler team wins this one and takes the STATE GAME.

IF Jonesboro can get healthy, the BC vs Jonesboro game will be REALLY GOOD.
IF they are still nursing injuries to KEY players, then look for UNION HILL to knock off J'Boro

The boys on the happy team may be the same kids borden County played last year, but I can honestly say that this is not the same team they played, it ought to be exciting.

On paper, Happy looks much stronger. Probably stronger than the spread suggests. They have played the top teams - and won.

BC lost their only matchup with a top team - but I think that loss was deceiving given how BC dominated the first 2.5 quarters against Calvert. But they lost. And Happy, well, all Happy has done is win.

But this is BC we are talking about - and if there are breaks to be handed out, they generally fall in the Coyotes favor. Maybe good teams make their own luck, but in any case, I think BC has it in spades.

Ritchey will not put an unprepared team on the field at this point in the season. Neither will Keith. This game is going to come down to execution, focus, and conversions. If BC slips up, they will lose. Handily.

I think this season has had Happy on a mission. They should have made it last year. I don't see the kids letting this opportunity slip through their fingers. If The Cowboys stay focused, they will roll.

Back