Week Zero in the books, so it's that time

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
I usually say 'OK' to start my posts for some reason. My wife says I do it in e-mails too... and that it i annoying. So I will try to not do that anymore.

Week zero is in the books. With the help of everyone out there, there are an amazing 127 scores that have been reported. That befuddles me. When I started this back in 1993, there were only about 127 teams playing in the nation. I am not going to dwell on that but rather reflect on something else.

This week was probably a little tough for many of my friends out there in the six-man world. With the season starting, our good friend Don was not out there at all of those games. That must've been strange, as well as tough. I personally thought of Don a lot this weekend and kept missing his tweets. I know he was up there watching. He probably had a giggle that he didn't have to drive to catch all of those games and talked a bunch of his new friends into watching with him.

I appreciate every single person that takes the time to read the website, report scores, send me notes and go to games. This is my 21st season doing this and I may be more excited than ever about the game. I can already tell this is going to be a good one. Lots of crazy scores out there this weekend.

I have updated the rankings, spreads and I think with the help of several folks should have all teams listed (as well as those who aren't--deleted). If something is off or missing, let me know.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe rest of their holiday weekend.

Ok, what I'm wondering is where are all the week 0/1 whiners? While I didn't post the 1st few years, I've been perusing this site for 10-11 years now and every year there have been those who post but, but, but we beat xyz and still didn't move up in the rankings or we beat them and dropped, why. I know freeagent splained the process on a private school thread but I'm dissapointed. Come on kids, no Guru bashing? He handles it so well. Don must have said "easy Lord, you know he's getting older now".

51eleven":2rxmlsbv said:
Ok, what I'm wondering is where are all the week 0/1 whiners? While I didn't post the 1st few years, I've been perusing this site for 10-11 years now and every year there have been those who post but, but, but we beat xyz and still didn't move up in the rankings or we beat them and dropped, why. I know freeagent splained the process on a private school thread but I'm dissapointed. Come on kids, no Guru bashing? He handles it so well. Don must have said "easy Lord, you know he's getting older now".

I am not blessed with the ability to properly explain the "toy". Granger tried that once over lunch and I think it had to do something with the historical mean temperature in East Muleshoe, Texas and Einstein's theory of relativity, but that's about where he lost me. All I know is that at the end of the year, it's usually right.

freeagent":t4etzfag said:
I am not blessed with the ability to properly explain the "toy". Granger tried that once over lunch and I think it had to do something with the historical mean temperature in East Muleshoe, Texas and Einstein's theory of relativity, but that's about where he lost me. All I know is that at the end of the year, it's usually right.

LOL @ East Muleshoe. The Toy has nothing to do with West Texas. It's more a function of the water level of Lake Travis. Just sayin'.

freeagent":1h2887jv said:
51eleven":1h2887jv said:

I get lost with algorythms and logorythms. But by Christmas there is only ONE # 1 in each division, no matter the injuries, excuses or luck.

51eleven":rd5nshwe said:
Cowboy has his cell phone number now, so there's that.

hornkeeper12":3qzd4trr said:
51eleven":3qzd4trr said:
Cowboy has his cell phone number now, so there's that.

How much did Granger pay Doc WeeWee to keep him from giving that phone number to Babe?

OK,
So,
Actually,
Granger starting all his posts with ok
always made me feel safe.
Like,
all is well in the world.
Or OK at least.
Then,
I would usually sing Kum ba yah.
jus sayin'.

Back