week zero in Mc Camey

kbjoe1

Six-man fan
looks like they are going to have 6 games from 10am first game last to be at 7:30pm

Fort Davis vs Sierra Blanca fd by 45
Garden City vs Water Valley wv by 30
Rankin vs Balmorhea r by 45
Lubbock Kingdom Prep vs Buena Vista bv by 12
Marfa vs Grandfalls-Royalty m by 30
Klondike vs Sanderson s by 28
any one want to venture a guess on the out comes, all guesses on my end, i dont have any information other than my gut feelings

You may have Grandfalls and Marfa picked wrong. It takes an 11-man school more than a couple of scrimmages to adjust to the speed and quickness of 6-man. If Grandfalls is the same team that went 3 rounds in the playoffs, they will have a couple of speed-merchants in the backfield. It could be an interesting game, but I would have to pick Grandfalls.

I don't know kbjoe, I've learned the hard way to never underestimate those BearChickens from Garden City. I think that one might be closer than you think.

Those are some great ball games lined up in McCamey. GC vs WV game will be a great matchup, I dont think it will be so one-sided, but I still see WV coming out on top.

the only reason i didnt have gc and wv as just a coin flip is because coach jones leaving, i know both systems have a new leader. coming from a crowded field 28-30 pts can be just 4 plays going the wrong way or right way. so i can see your point and is definately well founded

i dont know much about klondike, i just have been hearing from sanderson kids they cant wait to play and that was last year in track, hope they kept the motivation over the summer.
i hope they are all good games God knows i have missed highschool football

hico

ira dcft #2 d1 vs gordon dcft #9 d1
dallas the covenant vs abbott
jonesboro dcft #2 d2 vs valley dcft #3 d1
strawn vs walnut springs

pick your poison

WV Backer":ehrjfesw said:
I don't know kbjoe, I've learned the hard way to never underestimate those BearChickens from Garden City. I think that one might be closer than you think.

The San Angelo Refugees just might win this one. Maybe.

OBK,
You do realize that there is a high school in Grape Creek now... don't you? I understand that, back in your day, Grape Creek was just another spot in the road but they're all growed up now with football team and everything. Anyway, THEY do most of the San Angelo Refugee harvesting nowadays (unless the student is an athlete in which case they go to Wall).

For Hico: In my humble opinion, Gordon is a solid team, But not in the top ten league just yet. Ira's speed will show them why they are not a top ten team yet. This game won't be a total blow-out, but Ira should have a shot at 45 down toward the end of the fourth if they want it.

Abbott is also a solid team and might should be ranked above Gordon. I know even less about Dallas covenant than I do about Abbott, so I'll just say Abbott by 20.

Valley is an elite team while Jonesboro is merely just very solid, both teams prefer to run the ball and take time off of the clock. The score may be closer than some people from up toward the panhandle might think. Valley by 16.

Strawn and Walnut Springs could be the best matchup in Hico. I'll take Walnut by 6.

Ira over Gordon by 16
Abbott over Covenant by 6 - if covenant can contain Tyler Russell, they can win this one
Valley over Jonesboro by 16 - if they make their PATs
Strawn over Walnut Springs by 20

WV Backer":3tqmzmyw said:
OBK,
You do realize that there is a high school in Grape Creek now... don't you? I understand that, back in your day, Grape Creek was just another spot in the road but they're all growed up now with football team and everything. Anyway, THEY do most of the San Angelo Refugee harvesting nowadays (unless the student is an athlete in which case they go to Wall).

I do. I drove by the high school when they were building it back in the late 90's. I could not believe how that area had populated up. It's just too much fun gigging you. You're the only target from WV now that the rabid one has moved on to the 11 man world......

CowboyP":5o4v0jna said:
OBK, I thought you agreed to stop harassing simple-minded people.

embarrassed.gif

Yeah OBK, we mourn the departure of the Rabid One quite a bit in the WV. He was a bit of a lightning rod for the haters but he was always entertaining reading.

As for you two wise guys (Doggie and Cowboy) I've only got one thing to say to you... uh... I'll have to get back to you on that. I can't think of anything funny or smart-@$$ to say right now. But hold my place and I'll try to think of something clever.

Back