Week Two

Cedar Park goes to Marble Falls. Not that we will be any competition for them since they have already seen their best competition. Gotta love the press!!

-War Eagle

Lol it was an article in the Marble Falls Daily Tribune, not directly mentioning CP, but definitely some bulletin board material and you know me by now whatever I can use to stir the pot I will lol..

As far as QB situation at CP, I honestly think we will be more balanced this year than last year and that will serve us well as the season progresses. That said as you can see on MaxPreps we still threw the ball over 30 times. Like I said in a prior post just lost the depth game in the 4th quarter.

A game I am interested in hearing about is Veritas vs NBCA.

-War Eagle

Lol it was an article in the Marble Falls Daily Tribune, not directly mentioning CP, but definitely some bulletin board material and you know me by now whatever I can use to stir the pot I will lol..

As far as QB situation at CP, I honestly think we will be more balanced this year than last year and that will serve us well as the season progresses. That said as you can see on MaxPreps we still threw the ball over 30 times. Like I said in a prior post just lost the depth game in the 4th quarter.

A game I am interested in hearing about is Veritas vs NBCA.

-War Eagle

DirtyBayBulldog":sfms8nkb said:
Flames look impressive. They are confident they will rum opponents off the field.

Yes I bet they will "rum" CP off the field!! Gosh I would love some RC Cola to go with that "rum"...

-War Eagle

RC Cola? Do they even still make that?

Well, rum may be the case after Veritas. That's gonna be your measuring stick for the season heading towards a revenge clash for Freddy.

Judging by the score it looks like CP played NBCA pretty close last week. Marble Falls destroyed Castle Hills so this CP vs MF game should be very interesting. Look forward to seeing the outcome of that game.

Dirty bay what are u thinking on this
Baytown squeaked by Haslet and Brazosport destroyed Katy Faith. Could Baytown vs Brazosport be another close one to watch?

I agree with dirty bay that the NBCA vs veritas game is definitely the tapps game of the week. NBCA always seems to feel the need to be a pass heavy offense, whereas Veritas is more rounded. That being said I’m not sure Veritas has the senior depth to keep up in this one. I believe they only have 2-3 seniors this year.

We actually shut down NB's passing game pretty well. We had 3 Int's. What hurt us in the 2nd half was when NB went big and tight. We just were gassed by that point and they ran it down our throats.

-That said I am very interested to see how the NB Veritas game plays out.

Looking forward to Marble Falls tomorrow night and will update at halftime.

Safe travels to everyone tomorrow night...

-War Eagle

Veritas is FAST but is young and lacks size and experience. Only a couple of starters back from last years State Championship team. But you never count out Coach Hatfield and their staff.

Marble Falls is much improved from last year. I will be interested to see how they progress as the season goes on. I thought they were disciplined and tackled well in the open field.

Wow NB put up some points on Veritas!!

Yea...NBCA making a statement as a serious contender.

BCA got off to a hot start but again, fizzled at the end. Giving away twol late TD that should've been. Looks like they waiting to be punched in the mouth to try to put a team away. IDK.

Back