Week two comments.

Spur scored on the play. If the play would've happened on a non-scoring play the game would have been over. MC had to accept the penalty to negate the touchdown. If they decline the penalty, then the score counts and Spur wins. A game cannot end on a Defensive penalty, but can on a offensive one. Hope that helps to clarify.

Am a little surprised with the Ft. Elliott Cougars. They have had some really great young men the past several years but have not done so swell on the football field. They were an underdog to Chillicothe and won by 20 last week. This week they 45ed Miami (This game was played Thursday but I did not get an official score so I didnt post in scores) as a 1 point favorite. Looks like there may be a three way race for the district!

Tritz-OHS":1etwatsk said:
Spur scored on the play. If the play would've happened on a non-scoring play the game would have been over. MC had to accept the penalty to negate the touchdown. If they decline the penalty, then the score counts and Spur wins. A game cannot end on a Defensive penalty, but can on a offensive one. Hope that helps to clarify.

It does. Thanks.
I'll bet the guy who committed the penalty was a little embarrassed, and, maybe in the dog house.

I guess Sidney does not have 6 healthy players, sad for them.
After reading the score in the third I was both surprised and wondered if Gordon might get 45'd. but they didn't quit.
Loraine 32, Leuders Avoca 24. Sounds like a good game. Don would be proud LA apparently didn't quit either.
Is Strawn for real? After 4-6 last year, 45 ing no one then doing it to two playoff teams from last year I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm surprised and impressed by the Valley-Follett score. Valley 45ing one of the DII state finalists ...impressive, very very impressive.............

airboss32":20fuuvl1 said:
I'm surprised and impressed by the Valley-Follett score. Valley 45ing one of the DII state finalists ...impressive, very very impressive.............

Compared to recent years is Follett down this year (youth?) or is Valley that good.
The game of the week, a solid but not overwhelming win for Jonesboro point wise. Then again, Milford did 45 last year's state champs last week. Maybe not state champs Yet though.
After last weeks shock Abbott almost beat another good team in Mt. Calm. I wouldn't give up on them making it out of district just yet.

Just from the score it looks like Gorman can score (96), but they need to work on defense, Throckmorton did put up 48 on them. Could a 200 point (combined) game be in their future if they face a more offensive team?

airboss32":24e47yzd said:

45 by Valley was at the half. Feel good about my patriots but their schedule is brutal. Happy next, followed by Crowell and Guthrie.

51eleven":22xnqlzb said:
Compared to recent years is Follett down this year (youth?) or is Valley that good...
They didn't look like it was a down year last week when they moped the floor with my Wildcats. I think Valley is just that good.

Cougarfan13":12mvst2p said:
I went to the Mount Calm vs Abbott game , YOU SHOULD SEE THOSE MT CALM PLAYERS,,,,, god they are big!!!!! Mt Calm 42 Abbott 38

Me and my kids went to Mount Calm last night and boy did we get every penny worth. Back and forth, but you could really see the difference in the fourth quarter. Abbott boys were falling out, cramping, and being taken off the field. Mount Calm's boys were tired, but were obviously more conditioned and that was the difference in the game. Thanks to both programs for putting on a great show.

Back