Week One

WarEagle":3jsjicdc said:
Polluted Bay don't count out CP like that come on!!

I have to see if CP coach will run the same O he had with the talented QB or adjust. Alot of what they did was on his shoulders. WarEagle knows but i don't expect him to give too good of a scouting report out.

NBCA is a known passing team. We know the younger Hoeing brother is a great defender...other than him, hmmm?

Just don't see how BCA can be as dominant this year as last with so many skilled players gone. Last year they had athletes at all positions. Well, those men have graduated. Returning team has younger guys coming in...first game...TCAF state champs...Day game....

All I'm saying is anyone saying 45 knows something I don't know. I still expect to see BCA [including a win in this game] in the finals come December but that team last year was special! Probably gonna be tougher goings this ride.

DirtyBayBulldog":2u32hxlr said:
Just don't see how BCA can be as dominant this year as last with so many skilled players gone. Last year they had athletes at all positions. Well, those men have graduated. Returning team has younger guys coming in...first game...TCAF state champs...Day game....

All I'm saying is anyone saying 45 knows something I don't know. I still expect to see BCA [including a win in this game] in the finals come December but that team last year was special! Probably gonna be tougher goings this ride.

Looking at the haslet roster (if correct) they are loaded with seniors and juniors. This may be a better game than most are predicting.
I am also curious to see if cedar park coach makes adjustments or stays with his offense. I would think it would be hard to do with the way their QB slung it last year.
NBCA is known for passing as well. Will see what adjustments they make as I believe their QB has been changed twice in the last couple of years.

Was at the Emery game last night, team looked solid, younger players on defense were aggressive and coming up and tackling well.

Would love to get a report from Bryan v. logos, spread was way off on that game.

jaguars_rule":1v5hivt6 said:
Was at the Emery game last night, team looked solid, younger players on defense were aggressive and coming up and tackling well.

Would love to get a report from Bryan v. logos, spread was way off on that game.

Did not attend the game but...
With a score like that it would be hard to get a solid look at either team. I would have liked to see emery take on a little tougher team. High island, Baytown, and Haslet are all in the classic this year.

It is my understanding Emery’s original opponent last night backed out. Emery is playing High Island next weekend and Baytown Christian in the middle of the season. With that said, your point is well taken.

jaguars_rule":1jmu17hf said:
It is my understanding Emery’s original opponent last night backed out. Emery is playing High Island next weekend and Baytown Christian in the middle of the season. With that said, your point is well taken.

Well pretty much sounds like they had no options. Either way emery is always competitive and well prepared! Look forward to seeing them next week against some stiffer competition.

Very impressed with SCA, they showed every bit as much grit and fight as they did last year against a very deep and talented team. We had a couple early turnovers that proved costly and fell behind 12 to 0, but came back and took the lead.

We were within 4 in the 4th, but lost the game of "depth".

As some coach In New England says we are on to Marble Falls!!

-War Eagles!!!

Some positives and negatives for BCA.
Positive: They won. Fought through several players cramping and coming out for a few plays.
Negative: Turnovers. Too many.

BCA look like a contender again this year. Haslet should repeat in TCAF as state champs. Lots of heart and fight in those kids. Both teams were visibly gassed! Heck...the crowd too at times. We all felt that sunny 99°+ heat. The metal really gave it back to you. I can only imagine how hot that field was for the boys and gals and staff.

On to Brazosport and Week 2 thread.

Back