Week One

I think the Blum vs McLean game will be a good one. I'm sure Coach Thornhill will have Blum ready to play.

I will be at the Avalon vs Abbott game.

I noticed this is a private school thread, but since some public school games were listed, I’ll join the party for a moment.
Strawn vs Borden County interests me.
May @ Richland Springs can be a dang good one!

I think some week 1’s to look at would be
Sugarland logos vs Allen academy
Think this will be a very good game. Logos had a very solid year last year dropping back down from 11 man. Allen trying to establish a new identity with a new coach. Should be interesting to see how many suit up on both sides of the ball.
Sugarland 36
Allen Academy 54

New Braunfels vs Cedar Park
NB falling one game short of a standoff with Bracken for a state title. Alpha omega gave them a very tough game and went down to the wire. Cedar Park very solid as well but ran into a juggernaut in baytown last year. Lost a very solid qb but expect for them to rebuild with role players that they had last year. Well coached and will be ready but not quite enough to top NB
NB 46
CP 30

Haslet Heritage vs Baytown
Haslet coming off a TCAF state championship returning a very solid backfield. Loss a solid receiver and QB will hurt but expect the backfield to pick up where they left off. Baytown I believe lost a lot of seniors. This team is always athletic and physical. They always find a way to be competitive.
Haslet 20
Baytown 46

What's up Dirty Bay!!!

Yeah they were as NB has some receivers that can catch. Should be a good test for Cedar Park. That said I like the direction of our team this year and I have high expectations going into this season.

How about Baytown? You guys have a good "recruiting class" this offseason? Lol first shot of the season at Dirty Bay lol...

Football is back...

WAR EAGLE!!!!

WarEagle":2d20ztha said:
What's up Dirty Bay!!!

Yeah they were as NB has some receivers that can catch. Should be a good test for Cedar Park. That said I like the direction of our team this year and I have high expectations going into this season.

How about Baytown? You guys have a good "recruiting class" this offseason? Lol first shot of the season at Dirty Bay lol...

Football is back...

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Not sure what they have. Haven't got to lay my eyes on them yet. First game is this Saturday so what they have will be revealed.

Lost a good sized senior class but they were able to play underclassmen in several games last year so some experience shouldn't be a question mark. Question is can that underclass step up and provide the same production the seniors did.

Any word on how other teams in the division are looking or might have this year before they week one games?

Maybe more dads will join this year and make these boards exciting!

I know I wish more dads what get involved, last year was fun.

In all seriousness though I think CP, while young has a lot of potential(yeah I know I am biased lol). Who knows what the journey will be this year, but as always will be fun.

Good luck to every team out there....

-War Eagle

WarEagle":c1bnj1gk said:

In all seriousness though I think CP, while young has a lot of potential(yeah I know I am biased lol). Who knows what the journey will be this year, but as always will be fun.

-War Eagle

Nothing like the old “war eagle” “dirty bay” rivalry to get things going. Things have been pretty quiet going into week 1. Nothing like last year. Hey war eagle and dirty bay... what are the chances you guys get 45d?

Like I said...Saturday will tell all. They facing TCAF state champs who from the look of their media (MaxPrep) have some big boys!

This will be a tough game for Baytown. No way will Baytown 45 Haslet. Heck, it may be a Haslet win! (As much as it pains me to type that).

I read that Greenville picked up 4 student-athletes. They could be dangerous as well. Irving has that spread back returning and Weatherford has a solid squad too. North should be very competitive.

South will come down to BCA, CP, and Freddy. Can't forget Freddy!!!!

The Haslet / Baytown matchup should be interesting to say the least. Over the last 3+ years Baytown has been a powerhouse in the State--usually with one of the best defenses. Haslet on the other hand has a few key players returning from last year's TCAF State Championship. It will be the battle of the State Champs (TCAF vs. TAPPS).

I expect this to be a much closer contest than some are predicting.

Prediction: Baytown by 6 (Baytown 52, Haslet 46)

GeauxTigers":2p7cbl95 said:
The Haslet / Baytown matchup should be interesting to say the least. Over the last 3+ years Baytown has been a powerhouse in the State--usually with one of the best defenses. Haslet on the other hand has a few key players returning from last year's TCAF State Championship. It will be the battle of the State Champs (TCAF vs. TAPPS).

I expect this to be a much closer contest than some are predicting.

Prediction: Baytown by 6 (Baytown 52, Haslet 46)

Baytown lost a lot and haslet is bringing back most of theirs but no way it’s that close. If it’s that close then haslet wins.

Lots if great games at the Allen Classic. To be honest that CP vs. NBCA game is the highlight of the weekend.

I have Allen winning by 12 over Logos.
BVCHEA 45 over Grace
NBCS by 31 over CP
Calvert 45 over St. Joseph
Oakwood by 45 over AO

Old76er":fnpc0k2j said:
WarEagle":fnpc0k2j said:

-War Eagle

Nothing like the old “war eagle” “dirty bay” rivalry to get things going. Things have been pretty quiet going into week 1. Nothing like last year. Hey war eagle and dirty bay... what are the chances you guys get 45d?

Really 45'd!!!! Here is my take.

CP lost to a great team last year in Baytown, but the officiating in that game was complete trash and derailed any momentum CP had early on(yeah I am biased and loud during games, but I have officiated for years and CP scored on that first and goal). That said Baytown still wins that game but not by 45. As far as this year CP has some ballers and will fight as I know Baytown does as well. Not predicting outcomes, but I know CP will show up as I am also certain Baytown will!!!

WarEagle":28ntxpj6 said:
Old76er":28ntxpj6 said:
WarEagle":28ntxpj6 said:

-War Eagle

CP lost to a great team last year in Baytown, but the officiating in that game was complete trash and derailed any momentum CP had early on(yeah I am biased and loud during games, but I have officiated for years and CP scored on that first and goal). That said Baytown still wins that game but not by 45. As far as this year CP has some ballers and will fight as I know Baytown does as well. Not predicting outcomes, but I know CP will show up as I am also certain Baytown will!!!

No disrespect.. just asking what the chances are. Lots of talk of NBCA having a solid passing game. Can cedar park matchup and still bring pressure? Also a lot of talk on baytown being a close game with haslet. Maybe dirty bay knows something we don’t.

Old76er":3upo72dv said:
WarEagle":3upo72dv said:
Old76er":3upo72dv said:
WarEagle":3upo72dv said:

-War Eagle

No disrespect.. just asking what the chances are. Lots of talk of NBCA having a solid passing game. Can cedar park matchup and still bring pressure? Also a lot of talk on baytown being a close game with haslet. Maybe dirty bay knows something we don’t.

I know you aren't. I also know it is going to be a great weekend!!

--War Eagle!!

Back