Week One Public Schools

51eleven

Six-man expert
Of course Happy - RS was the big one. These other scores caught my eye thinking they might have been good ones to have been at. Comments appreciated.
Jonesboro 30-0 over Iredell. Kudos to Iredell for lasting the whole game?
Close ones:
Gordon 44 - 38 over Newcastle.
Panther Creek 79 - 73 over Robert E. Lee in overtime.
Lorenzo 41, Amherst 34 also in OT.
Zephyr 55, Oakwood 45.
New Home 52, Paducha 48.
Apple Springs32, Tyler King 31.
Fort Davis 50, Dell City 44 in OT.
Cotton Center 20, Rule 18.
Milford 51, Bryson 50. Wasn't Milford heavily flavored?

I can shed some insight on what happened in hico with Milford and Bryson. First of all Bryson is a heck of a ball team! That QB #15 can throw the ball 40 yards off of his back foot, and that wide receiver #24 is fast, strong, and can jump!! I think he had close to 300 yards receiving. I think our bulldogs did a great job in the first half as the score was 36-16 at half. In the 3rd quarter everything went left. We had a starter get ejected for blocking and his hands getting up in the face area. Then our entire offensive backfield and secondary cramped up. When all this happened the score was 43-24 and Bryson went on scoring rampage. Milford didn't help by fumbling the ball atleat 5 times in the second half. But it all came down to the blocked 2 point PAT by Corbin Shrotke that saves the day and maybe even the season for Milford.

Ex Eagle it should be a great one in Jonesboro next week. The eagles look tough again and my bulldogs have a lot they can improve on. This is gonna be the game of the week and I'm not gonna miss it.

SixmanInfoFirst":j24w3797 said:
I noticed that R.S. didn't play Tippie near as much as they should. What is that about?
Keeping him healthy?

From my seat in the stadium, I noticed that he did not even play at all. The announcer kept calling #2 Tippie, #1 Tippie, #8 Tippie etc, etc. But #3 stood on the sideline all night.

From what I saw, Richland just looked sloppy. Blocking and tackling was decent but wasn't up to the lofty Richland standard (however #25 from happy McCarley I believe doesn't ever go down easy.) Several fumbled snaps and errant throws resulted in wasted downs and no team can afford wasted downs when squaring off against the happy cowboys. Maybe a healthy Tippie could've overcome these mistakes but I do not believe so.
The cowboys looked sharp and executed well on both sides of the ball. They are a deeper team this year. I have never seen Coach Keith consistently rotate lineman like he did last night. Smart. Even after #15 got ejected the line did not skip a beat! Great example of coaching and talent coming together. Very entertaining game! Credit to both coaches and players for making such a marquee matchup happen!
Good luck to both squads moving forward. I am sure both have their sights set on a state championship and they both capable of it.

Listening and reading along to the sixmania broadcast on line (thanks) it was reported Tippie had a shoulder injured in one of their scrimmages. He was suited up but never played. RS came out a little anxious without him I think. Happy came huntin him and anybody else in Blue. I've seen him play once live and on the state game stream. I could see him being worth a roughly 30 point swing, scoring 2-3 or more TD's and preventing about the same. Guess we'll never know. Hope he get's well soon.

Back