Week 9 Games of the Week

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
Let's take a look at this week's Games of the Week. What other games are y'all looking forward to watching? Any upsets to be looking out for this week?

Game #1

#12 Happy Cowboys vs #24 Nazareth Swifts - Happy favored by 28
Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:00 PM, at Nazareth

Game #2

#19 Spur Bulldogs vs #23 Valley Patriots - Spur favored by 7
Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:30 PM, at Spur

Game #3

#14 Fort Worth Covenant Classical Cavaliers vs #47 Abilene Christian Panthers - FWCC favored by 39
Saturday, October 22, 2022 at 3:00 PM, at Abilene Christian

Game #4

#30 Union Hill Bulldogs vs #49 Saint Jo Panthers - Union Hill favored by 18
Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:00 PM, at Saint Jo

Game #5

#39 Springlake Earth Wolverines vs #44 Petersburg Buffaloes - Springlake Earth favored by 3
Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:30 PM, at Petersburg

Game #6

#41 Buena Vista Longhorns vs #55 Fort Davis Indians - Buena Vista favored by 12
Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:30 PM, at Fort Davis

Other games to watch

#5 Westbrook Wildcats vs #48 Hermleigh Cardinals
#11 Cherokee Indians vs #52 Rochelle Hornets
#10 Pasadena First Baptist Warriors vs #62 Bryan Allen Academy Rams
#9 Balmorhea Bears vs #73 Sierra Blanca Vaqueros
#17 Bastrop Tribe Warriors vs #80 Austin NYOS Jaguars
#60 McLean Tigers vs #61 White Deer Bucks

Last edited:
Zephyr vs. Sidney

Strawn vs. Newcastle

I had someone mention the Strawn vs Newcastle game to me via email, too, and I agree that will be a game to keep an eye on. I'm not sure about the Zephyr vs Sidney game, though. You thinking that one might be an upset?

I had someone mention the Strawn vs Newcastle game to me via email, too, and I agree that will be a game to keep an eye on. I'm not sure about the Zephyr vs Sidney game, though. You thinking that one might be an upset?
Yes. I believe that this game will be close and I could see it going either way!!!! This is definitely the first game in district 15 to have major playoff implications.

#61 White Deer at #60 McLean Mclean favored by 1

Games to watch because of the rivalry and the implications for district
#108 Blackwell at #15 Loraine Loraine favored by 45 #26 DII Blackwell at #4 Loraine
#27 Jayton at #94 Motley County Jayton favored by 45 #6 DII Jayton vs #26 Motley County

Last edited:
#61 White Deer at #60 McLean Mclean favored by 1

Yet another one that I think could've been included in the "more games to watch, at least". I'll look into adjusting the process of selecting the games before next week. Right now the top 6 games are simply the games that include teams with the highest combined rating and have a spread of less than 45 points. The next 6 are all the other games, which don't have a spread of more than 75 I believe, then sorted by overall combined rating. Again, I'll look at making some adjustment to give a little more weight to teams that have closer spreads.

Yet another one that I think could've been included in the "more games to watch, at least". I'll look into adjusting the process of selecting the games before next week. Right now the top 6 games are simply the games that include teams with the highest combined rating and have a spread of less than 45 points. The next 6 are all the other games, which don't have a spread of more than 75 I believe, then sorted by overall combined rating. Again, I'll look at making some adjustment to give a little more weight to teams that have closer spreads.
Also in the same district
#31 Follett is favored over #66 Miami by 37 Follett favored by 37

I was just notified that the Austin St. Stephen's vs Fredericksburg Heritage game was cancelled. So, that shook up the top games a little bit.

Now, Game #6 will be #41 Buena Vista vs #55 Fort Davis.

Since that game was one of the honorable mention games, it has also been replaced by #60 McLean vs #61 White Deer. Looks like @sixmanfan2007 was on to something there...The Toy agreed!

I've updated the first post to reflect these changes.

I was just notified that the Austin St. Stephen's vs Fredericksburg Heritage game was cancelled. So, that shook up the top games a little bit.

Now, Game #6 will be #41 Buena Vista vs #55 Fort Davis.

Since that game was one of the honorable mention games, it has also been replaced by #60 McLean vs #61 White Deer. Looks like @sixmanfan2007 was on to something there...The Toy agreed!

I've updated the first post to reflect these changes.
They are 29 and 30 in the current D1 rankings

Last edited:
Our game (Fort Davis vs BV) should be a good one! And it’s a very important district game for both teams. We will see how it goes!

I’m going to pick White Deer over McLean by 20. Miami and Follett could be closer than expected but Follett holds the advantage. I will pick them by 16.

Lots of good matchups this week. Hope everyone stays healthy and have a good game!

Back