Week 8 Games of the Week

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
According to The Toy, these are the top games to keep an eye on this week. What do y'all think about these picks?

Top six games of the week

#23 Austin St. Stephens vs #45 Burnet Smoking for Jesus Ministry Christian School

#30 Richland Springs vs #57 Rochelle

#41 Austin Hill Country vs #48 Austin Veritas

#32 Kress vs #69 Petersburg

#38 East Texas Homeschool (ETHS) vs #68 Tyler HEAT

#82 Sugar Land Logos Prep vs #90 Houston Emery-Weiner

Six games that almost made the cut

#4 Garden City Bearkats vs #54 Borden County Coyotes
#8 Happy Cowboys vs #51 Lubbock Kingdom Prepatory Warriors
#25 Ira Bulldogs vs #66 Highland Hornets
#29 Union Hill Bulldogs vs #74 Dallas Lutheran Lions
#22 Silverton Owls vs #103 Groom Tigers
#20 Medina Bobcats vs #104 Leakey Eagles

Town East (7-0) vs Annapolis (6-0) will be a great game to watch.

Having not watched either team, and going strictly off of games played and ranking, I'd say you're probably right. Their only similar opponent was CC Coastal Christian and their games had very similar outcomes (both teams winning 60-13 and 68-21). This one could definitely be one that comes down to the wire.

Just looking at / going by the spreads I thought # 108 Cranfills Gap favored by 1 over # 107 Newcastle might have potential to be a good one.
Looking at records they do seem pretty evenly matched. CG was 45'd by Rising Star but did the same to 4/5 others, that other one by 24.
Newcastle lost 3X to higher ranked opponents by a total of 17 points. They 45'd two others and won another by 30.
Is it close enough Taylor Sheridan might show up?

Looking at records they do seem pretty evenly matched. CG was 45'd by Rising Star but did the same to 4/5 others, that other one by 24.
Newcastle lost 3X to higher ranked opponents by a total of 17 points. They 45'd two others and won another by 30.
I'm guessing Taylor Sheridan is more of a Guthre fan since he bought the 6666 Ranch. Has to support his ranch hands families.

I'm not convinced Rising Star is as good as their ranking; maybe they will prove me wrong. They haven't really played anyone good. Sidney beat them by 6 and then the following week got beat by Bluff Dale by 48 points. EDIT: I was mixing up my platforms. They might be ranked appropriately here. It's Dave Campbell's rankings that I don't agree with; it has them at #9.

Newcastle, on the other hand, is than their ranking, IMO. They were once inside the top 10, and the week before last, may have been missing a player when they lost, or maybe they just played bad. I don't want to take away from Aspermont, who seems to be fairly good this year. The next week, Bluff Dale was picked to 45 them and Newcastle came out playing WAY better than that, even if BD did not play well. They played like a top 10 team.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Taylor Sheridan is more of a Guthre fan since he bought the 6666 Ranch. Has to support his ranch hands families.
Ha. He might still come "home" for the game and stick around the next day for Bacon.

Blum vs. Milford. Both are 1 an 0 in District play. This game will but the winner in a firm grip of winning 1st. I have watched both teams this year. Blum vs Covington and the Milford vs Aquilla game. I felt that if the Bulldogs could things to click they could be scary good. Blum is taking time to get rolling but there is no panic about the Bobcats. This game is going to be the one to be at. So if you are close enough come see.

Blum vs. Milford. Both are 1 an 0 in District play. This game will but the winner in a firm grip of winning 1st. I have watched both teams this year. Blum vs Covington and the Milford vs Aquilla game. I felt that if the Bulldogs could things to click they could be scary good. Blum is taking time to get rolling but there is no panic about the Bobcats. This game is going to be the one to be at. So if you are close enough come see.
I’m very excited to see how this plays out tonight. Obviously, I’m very optimistic about Milford’s potential but I believe our size and speed give us a chance to play with anybody . Goodluck to both teams tonight .

I just realized that after the Baytown/Covenant game was picked up, The Toy added it into this list instead of the Logos Prep/Emery-Weiner game. Turned out, that was a dang good game to watch, ending in a 67-64 upset victory for Baytown Christian.

Overall, I'd say The Toy picked some pretty good games to watch this week, with four of the six games ending with a difference of 10 points or less and three of the six actually ending up in an upset. Even one of the honorable mention games ended in an upset.

I just realized that after the Baytown/Covenant game was picked up, The Toy added it into this list instead of the Logos Prep/Emery-Weiner game. Turned out, that was a dang good game to watch, ending in a 67-64 upset victory for Baytown Christian.

Overall, I'd say The Toy picked some pretty good games to watch this week, with four of the six games ending with a difference of 10 points or less and three of the six actually ending up in an upset. Even one of the honorable mention games ended in an upset.
Baytown is for real this year from what I hear!

From Week 8 Score Thread:

Blum 76
Milford 68
Final

Blum go ahead TD with 3 seconds left
‐--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Clock messed up.

Couldn't get that game. Listened to RS (44) & Rochelle (40). Clock messed up there too.

Bounce-back time for Coach Cervantes & the Bulldogs!

Last edited:
Back