Week 5

Crowell always complains about something the visiting team does. If you have a music system, they want you to keep it down. If you have cheerleaders who can actually dance, they don't want you out-dancing their cheerleaders.

They're almost as bad as Paducah.

I bet our band is better than yours too.... So don't bring a band either. Also, you need to bring beat up cars so our vehicles look better than yours, and since we are on the subject when you visit Crowell you should wear black and gold.. If you bring a sound system you should have headphones for all your fans, and our cheerleaders can outdance any of your cheerleaders, just ask them....LOL......oh and I'm not complaining just the facts......hehehe

congo32":1acgtmc0 said:
I bet our band is better than yours too.... So don't bring a band either. Also, you need to bring beat up cars so our vehicles look better than yours, and since we are on the subject when you visit Crowell you should wear black and gold.. If you bring a sound system you should have headphones for all your fans, and our cheerleaders can outdance any of your cheerleaders, just ask them....LOL......oh and I'm not complaining just the facts......hehehe

That would be pretty funny if it weren't so much truth to it.

rainjacktx":rtvdotl2 said:
Crowell always complains about something the visiting team does. If you have a music system, they want you to keep it down. If you have cheerleaders who can actually dance, they don't want you out-dancing their cheerleaders.

They're almost as bad as Paducah.

I could care less how loud your music is, UNLESS our school song or fight song is being played. Our sound crew has ALWAYS respected the opposing teams school song and also the short period of time the cheerleaders have the stage so to speak at halftime.

Your real close Rainjacktx to making this personal!!! You didnt mention whether it was our JH or HS cheer squad you were referring to so I can't speak on the issue other than to warn you watch your step. As for out dancing anyones squad I would put money on my daughter as she works very hard as do most cheerleaders to be the best they can be. I cheer for all squads whatever the talent level!

I gave props to your daughter on being crowned Homecoming queen without knowing ANYTHING at all about her. All children should be praised!!

It all goes back to manners and respect for ALL the youth participating!!

You guys cant stand it when crowell wins. Maybe MC should of brought 4 more speakers, had their cars detailed, and brought 2 more cheering squads cause the way this game went the wildcats mama leftovers wasnt even cold yet. Usually when I get put in my place I make excuses to so keep em coming!!!!!! Good job Wildcats

WildcatClassOf89":4g6ehap8 said:
I could care less how loud your music is, UNLESS our school song or fight song is being played. Our sound crew has ALWAYS respected the opposing teams school song and also the short period of time the cheerleaders have the stage so to speak at halftime.

Your real close Rainjacktx to making this personal!!! You didnt mention whether it was our JH or HS cheer squad you were referring to so I can't speak on the issue other than to warn you watch your step. As for out dancing anyones squad I would put money on my daughter as she works very hard as do most cheerleaders to be the best they can be. I cheer for all squads whatever the talent level!

I gave props to your daughter on being crowned Homecoming queen without knowing ANYTHING at all about her. All children should be praised!!

It all goes back to manners and respect for ALL the youth participating!!

I'm sorry if you took what I wrote as an insult against the kids. It wasn't. But when the cheer sponsor and a gaggle of other women come over to our side of the field BEFORE THE GAME, and tell us they don't appreciate our loud music, or the frequency with which our cheerleaders dance, then proceed to tell us how loud and how often we are allowed to dance - well - I take that personal as well.

Instead of embracing the competition between the two schools - like MC did with Silverton (they bought brand new banging sound system), a few bitter old women from Crowell would rather us be sitting through a Church of Christ worship service.

I certainly hope you've had this same discussion with them.

steve":26i03c9y said:
You guys cant stand it when crowell wins. Maybe MC should of brought 4 more speakers, had their cars detailed, and brought 2 more cheering squads cause the way this game went the wildcats mama leftovers wasnt even cold yet. Usually when I get put in my place I make excuses to so keep em coming!!!!!! Good job Wildcats

LOL - no one is making an excuse for Motley County. You guys - the crowd - behaved like little children when you lost to Valley at Valley. I've never heard so much whining and cussing from a losing team.

But I guess memory is selective, huh?

Nah its not selective. I agree there was some uncalled yelling and screaming going on ( matter of fact I had to hold my little ones ears afew times bc of the folks behind us). But there will always be the few loud mouth fans from crowell. I heard the school officials scolded afew of them like lil school children. But I think afew people thought MC was going to walk all over crowell and the tables were turned and that upset those few. And for the record I think the person in charge of crowells music needs to take afew notes from the past few teams they have played those speakers are made to play music not just sit there. Loud music gets me exited about the game.

steve":18v5uqdh said:
Nah its not selective. I agree there was some uncalled yelling and screaming going on ( matter of fact I had to hold my little ones ears afew times bc of the folks behind us). But there will always be the few loud mouth fans from crowell. I heard the school officials scolded afew of them like lil school children. But I think afew people thought MC was going to walk all over crowell and the tables were turned and that upset those few. And for the record I think the person in charge of crowells music needs to take afew notes from the past few teams they have played those speakers are made to play music not just sit there. Loud music gets me exited about the game.

I don't disagree with anything you just said. I like MC, and really like the coach - but I'm not what you would call a Matador fan. But in their defense - they played at least two starters short. With a small D-II team, that's huge. I don't know that MC would have defeated Crowell with those two in the game, but I think it would have been a lot, lot closer.

As for the "gaggle of old ladies" you have mentioned numerous times I am not their keeper. I will try though to figure out the other side of the story for ya. You my friend have the best hearing and vision of anyone I know!! You must be a busy individual at these games as you are everywhere also. Teach me? Deer season is coming soon.

We did have some grubbling on our side of the field at Valley that kinda got under my skin, but ALL of it was focused towards our coach/s and there player and play selections. I heard nothing negative said about your fans or squad that I remember other than your music being played over our school song and asking for a knee while one of our players were down. I stay out of most of those disagreements as I have no dog in the fight other than at halftime during JH games.

MC is not a small D2 school in my opinion. IIRC the roster I held during the game listed 8 seniors. They had enough kids to send in a seperate group of boys during PAT attemps. I would figure most small D2 squads have most of their starters play iron man football. I have heard from a source I trust that MC did in fact have one player out during the game with us, but he has been sidelined since the first of the season. You yourself said that Coach Bigham said that personel wasnt the problem. Why keep harping on this point?

I will be more than happy to check the roster against the video and see what the true number of MC players that were out, but Coach Bigham has already made it a mute point. We had a player out that put up some decent numbers in just a few touches against the Patriots, but thats football. We move on and adjust.

I have nothing but respect for the MC crew!!! They just met up with the perfect storm friday night in Crowell. I just hope that storm doesnt die out as the Cats have another big game this week. Petersburg came to our place last year and put on a clinic. I can just imagine what it will be like at their place.

Also the Crowell Valley game spread was 12, not "14 or more". ;-)

I could tell you how I know what I know and how I can seemingly be all places at once, but that would ruin my whole schtick.

Bigham would never make excuses. He's a winner. I wasn't making excuses. Do I think the score would have been different had everyone been able to play? Absolutely. Do you see me crying and making excuses about MC getting shellacked? Not at all.

As for the gaggle of women - it's the most accurate description I can give you. And it happened. Not expecting you to do anything about them since no man I know even wants to make eye contact with a gaggle of women.

Ask your cheer sponsor if she received a letter from Paducah the week after the MC-Paducah game. DO you guys play Paducah at home, or do you have to play them at their house?

Rainjack, can you please please make it rain. All across the State if you don't mind. I know you can do it if you want to.

Rainjack, MCO was nicely and professional asked to turn down the music at Paducah, it was ridiculous how loud and annoying the music was.

hookie_man":1il3yfit said:
Rainjack, MCO was nicely and professional asked to turn down the music at Paducah, it was ridiculous how loud and annoying the music was.

You spin it however you want to I know the truth.

Back