week 5... UPSETS....

Kramer":7r0atdw8 said:
NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS ......... If there is any week for upsets, it's this week.......

#1 Private School Waco Live Oak (4-0) will upset #3 Uil Calvert (4-0). I believe Calvert won on a last second play last year, but I just think Live Oak has something special going on.

You heard it here first ladies and gents......

Guess we both missed this one................

Well... I was wrong. Calvert came to play and Live Oak didn't.

Calvert's coaching has improved tremendously when compared to past years. The Trojans look disciplined and executed well. Coach Ware was a solid hire that has obviously brought some good things to Calvert's program. They are a complete team, it's not just the JaQuan show anymore, he has help...which makes them that much better.

Live Oak on the other hand, not much to say here. Kids didn't show up. Flat footed, not aggressive, didn't block, didn't tackle. All of that is a recipe to get home early. They will have their hands full in Blum next week.

Did live oak have any injuries, cause I saw this being a win for WLO.
Guess I need to go back to my upset board and work out the kinks.

I still to this day will not give that coach a compliment. I'm gona base that victory on calverts past success and not their present leader.

Kramer u forgot to mention the $100 u lost to me and me giving u 20 points in this so called upset game.

I knew once I heard ware got the calvert job how good calvert would become, no offense to the past coach but calvert got a good coach that understands the 6 man game.
Yet as said on here previously, calverts offense is basic.... but it's, traditional 6 man offense which is j and tight t, which every tight coach runs.

Maybe just maybe he can finally get that jewelry that's long eluded him

Congrats on the payback win vs live oak from your PDC days coach.

Ware clearly appeares be a good Coach. Coach Ware didn't do alot of communicating with any of the athletes. Initially we all thought that there was some hand signals used to relay information in and out, but that wasn't the case. After halftime we asked some of the faithful Calvert students about #7 and his ability to call his own plays. Several students told us that Ware tried to bring his own system to Calvert but the student athletes informed him that they wasn't going to run his offense, because the offense they ran last year worked. So that's the reason why #7 calls all the plays. Regardless, Calvert looked awesome. Can't wait to see Calvert vs RS. Coaches can we get a game between Calvert and Milford next season?

Ware approach is different but its been effective. I would like to encourage Calvert fans to come out, and support your team. Calvert has a larger population than most sixman towns but there crowd participation is below average.

Back