WEEK 4 - 2015 - VARSITY FINALS ONLY

Noticed two different scores for the Gold-burg vs. Lakeland Christian game. The correct score was Lakeland Christian 81 GoldBurg 32

I think I have updated and corrected everything on here:
http://sixmanfootball.com/2015_scores.php

If not, please let me know.

MISSING:
Greenville Christian,Carrollton Christian
Petersburg,Groom
SA Lutheran,SA The Atonement

SATURDAY:
Austin Veritas,Austin Brentwood Christian
Corpus Christi WINGS,Lockhart Lighthouse Christian
EP Jesus Chapel,EP Home School
Houston Emery-Weiner,Sugar Land HCYA Fort Bend
Houston Mount Carmel,West Columbia Charter
Victoria Home School,Fayette County Sports Association
Wylie Preparatory,Fort Worth Nazarene

EP Home School,42,EP Jesus Chapel,34
Victoria Home School,39,Fayette County Sports Association,6

MISSING:

Greenville Christian,Carrollton Christian
SA Lutheran,SA The Atonement

Corpus Christi WINGS,Lockhart Lighthouse Christian
Houston Mount Carmel,West Columbia Charter

From Maxpreps:

CC Wings Home School 58, Lockhart Lighthouse Christian 12
Carrollton Christian 58, Greenville Christian 13

Two private school games out:

18-Sep-2015 7:30 PM San Antonio Lutheran at San Antonio Atonement

19-Sep-2015 TBA Dallas Fairhill vs Arlington Flint Academy (this shows scheduled on TAPPSter, but I wasn't aware Flint had a football team)

coach_gillespie":3eu0dfvc said:
Gustine 1
Lohn 0

Lohn doesn't have enough eligible to play as a varsity game. Will forfeit the varsity game but will sitll play it as a JV using ineligibles.

Result was Gustine 50 Lohn 0

coach_gillespie":3il3dvx8 said:
coach_gillespie":3il3dvx8 said:
Gustine 1
Lohn 0

Lohn doesn't have enough eligible to play as a varsity game. Will forfeit the varsity game but will sitll play it as a JV using ineligibles.

I don't really understand this. Was it Lohn's varsity (best players), which cannot be a varsity by UIL standards playing Gustines varsity?

Using the ineligibles makes it JV. I presume that is similar to last year when they didn't have enough eligible players to make up a team. They use every warm body; varsity, ineligibles, cheerleaders, mascots, etc. (not quite that bad, but almost)

In other words, every player that they have is a varsity player.

understood, but for the sake of rankings, it is a varsity team b/c they are using their best players... the idea is to best be able to fit all the teams appropriately

granger":251vvcz2 said:
coach_gillespie":251vvcz2 said:
coach_gillespie":251vvcz2 said:
Gustine 1
Lohn 0

I don't really understand this. Was it Lohn's varsity (best players), which cannot be a varsity by UIL standards playing Gustines varsity?

for all intents and purposes this was gustines varsity vs lohns varsity...but because they didn't have enough eligible players to call it a varsity game, it had to be classified as jv. gustine used the best they had, lohn used the best they had.

Back