Week 11

DirtyBayBulldog

11-man fan
Two games stand out to me
1) Cedar Park vs Freddy
2) Conroe Covenant vs Alpha Omega

Both games come with huge playoff implications.
CP/Freddy will determine not only district championship but also seeding. The winner goes to the top half of the right-side of the bracket while the loser goes to the bottom-half of the right-sided bracket. Bottom half has what will most likely be a dance with Baytown Christian in the quarterfinals while the top half sees a semifinal game possibly against BCA.

Conroe and Alpha/Omega winner will sit atop of the district. What a turnaround for Conroe if they are able to get a victory against a defending district champ and state finalist Alpha. Conroe had a tough start to district but seem to have found their stride with a win over a white hot Bryan Allen. Alpha looks to keep a stranglehold on the district and continue a "state-minded" run.

Thoughts?

Cedar park vs Fredericksburg should be a very entertaining game. Looking at the schedules it looks
Like Fredericksburg will get the first real test of the season. Cedar park has already played some tough games with new Braunfels and veritas. Anxious to hear the outcome on this one and if anyone is there please update live on MaxPreps!
Conroe vs alpha omega is a very good matchup as well. Conroe has been in several tough games. Two close ones with brazosport and st Joseph’s, and a blowout loss to baytown. They had a huge win this past week over allen academy which I have to say I did not see coming. Alpha started out their season with uil powerhouse Oakwood and gave them all they could handle but ended up
Losing by 26.
Like opponents both playing brazosport, alpha dominated with a 45, and Conroe losing by 14.

I must say I didn’t see this coming. I thought this would have been a much closer game. Did anyone attend that can give us a breakdown? War eagle???
Was everyone healthy on both sides? This looks to have been a dominating performance by Fredericksburg. I think d3 just got served....

I know there is a lot of talk on the cedar park vs Fredericksburg game but I think a bigger shock to me is the Conroe vs Huntsville game.
Conroe to me has been one of the bounce back teams every since the loss to baytown and lake Jackson they have knocked off st joseph, allen academy and alpha. Seems they are peaking at the right time!

WarEagle":2okvfny3 said:
Simply put Freddy kicked CP's ass in all phases of the game. Time for CP to take a hard look at themselves!!

-War Eagle!!

Well that explains that lol. Thanks wareagle.
With that I would say Fredericksburg will probably be in the driver seat next to baytown for a battle to see who comes out of the south. This should be a very interesting November!

Most likely this Freddy means a CP versus Baytown quarterfinal matchup. Should be another great game.

I too am shocked at the score. I believed CP to win in a close one. CP gets time to correct the mood and focus on a first round game. Freddy still has Living Rock left so they have a quick turnaround.

Conroe is trending. Watching them play Baytown you can see that they have the tools to make a playoff run. Ball-moving run game, a wr that can make plays, and a good defense. By winning the District 3 title, they have set uo a favorable path to a state semifinal appearance.

If Cedar Park was able to put away living rock, that Fredericksburg vs living rock game will be a scrimmage. Interested to see who cedar park plays round 1.

WarEagle":2r4a9gqk said:
Like I told #8 my son, Freddy kicked CP's ass, but that is not who CP is. We have moved on!!

-War Eagle!!!

Lick your wounds and move on! Freddy is obviously a very good team so keep your heads held high. They are going into the playoffs with some serious steam.

Back