Week 11 Predictions

Godsmightywarrior

11-man fan
Okay, I'm a Homer, but WCS favored by 45 over Notre Dame? As much as I'd love to see that happen, I seriously doubt it will. I think many eyes will be on this game though. It's going to be a battle!

Something else has been weighing on my mind too. My predictions are made on the small percentage of what I physically see and the large percentage of what I perceive. The beauty of 6 man football is that anything can happen at game time. The truth is that while some teams have more talent than others and some teams have better records than others and some teams are ranked higher than others, the common denominator with all DIII schools is that these young men bust their behinds every season striving to be the best that they can be. So this goes out to all the players on every team. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Even if I didn't pick your team, know that I appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears that you put into your season. Good luck and stay safe and healthy as the regular season comes to a close. Good luck and stay safe and healthy to those teams making the playoffs.
Thank you players. Thank you coaches. Thank you cheerleaders, parents, faculty, and fans. Thank you for making 6 man football so enjoyable.

One week before playoffs. Here goes on final week of regular season:

Conroe Covenant over Conroe Lifestyle by 45
Granbury NCTA over Athens Prep by 45
Longview Trinity over Brownwood by 35
Sequin over SA Atonement by 45
San Marcos Hill Country over Spring Branch by 45
WF Wichita Christian over WF Notre Dame. Game of the week. WCS by 10!

Good luck and travel safe!

WCS being a 45-point favorite over a team that's had their number for years is a little strange to me.

I'm excited to see the outcome Friday night. I think it's Notre Dame's title to lose.

ND over WC by two touchdowns.

WCS is not a 45 point favorite in 6 man.com b/c anybody has seen both teams and thinks that's what the spread ought to be. The website uses an algorithm to determine each teams numerical strength. WCS has beaten some highly regarded (at least by 6 man.com) UIL teams. That evidently carries a lot of weight in the rankings. They are ranked number one on the website in TAPPS DIII. I think WCS is good but I think there are at least 3 other teams that are better (San Marcos, Sequin and Granbury). I could see the WCS-Notre Dame game going either way. Gotta pick one and I've watched Coach Johnson for a few years and have been impressed with him so I'm going with the Stars. I'm sure we'll get some good feedback on the game from followers on both sides. Good luck to both teams.

New and solid staff at WCS but the ND has owned them. Too much of a losing history for the Stars to jump over. I'm sure that Johnson and his staff will have them up but they will struggle to beat ND I think they are a top 5 team but not number 1.

I'm interested to see how that Trinity score at VLA game will end. Trinity is solid but VLA plays with heart. I think TST 45s them but who knows since it is the last regular season game.

I still think that Seguin will win just too much experience.

I've been breaking this game down all week in every possible way.  This is what I've come up with.

The main game plan on offense for the Stars is to continue what they've been doing all season, which is to mix up the run and pass.  Aaron Baker has 983 yards on 100 carries and 13 rushing TD's this season.  Jackson Landes has completed 80 out of 112 pass attempts for 832 yards and 18 TD's.  Drew Brooks has 26 receptions for 382 yards and 6 TD's.  That leaves 12 passing TD's distributed to other Stars receivers.

The main game plan on offense for the Knights is to run, run, run.  Skylar Whitten has 802 yards on 53 attempts with 15 TD's.  David Salazar has 602 yards on 36 attempts with 7 TD's.  Salazar has completed 32 out of 59 passing attempts for 495 yards and 6 TD's.  Whitten has 19 receptions for 411 yards and 4 TD's.  As Whitten and Salazar go, so go the Knights.

On the defensive side, the Stars have been adept at takeaways this season, mixing up the fumble recoveries and interceptions pretty well.  I believe that the Stars have the more athletic team overall.  I don't think the Knights will be able to account for the Stars team speed.  That team speed should also help the Stars defense to somewhat contain Whitten and Salazar.

They share two common opponents.  WCS beat Benjamin (UIL II #51) 50-0.  WFND beat Benjamin 51-6.  WFND beat El Paso Jesus Chapel (TAPPS DIII #11) 66-16.  WCS beat Jesus Chapel 59-26.  However, the Stars game was played on the same day as TAPPS State Cross Country.  I know that WCS was missing players for the meet, one of whom is a starter and who placed 5th in the cross country meet.

WCS has played 1 UIL I team, 5 UIL II teams, 1 TAPPS DIII team, 1 TAIAO team, and 1 Independent team.  Their record is 6-3.

WFND has played 1 UIL I team, 2 UIL II teams, 1 TAPPS DII team, 2 TAPPS DIII teams, and 2 JV teams.  Their record is 6-2.

When it comes down to it, this is a district game for a district title between two long time rivals.  It will be a battle.  My prediction is:
WCS 52
WFND 46

Your are a supportive fan for sure. I could see that but that Whitten is the real deal. WCS probably has not seen that quickness this year. They will get him the ball but will the Stars have a gameplan to slow him down. Or better will they execute it. I dunno. This is like Texas and Oklahoma game. Just kidding.

The strength of schedule I see is there for sure. Based of your information ND schedule is much weaker. Could that come into play? Very possible if a close game. Again I dunno.

WFND had Whitten last year too and the Stars lost at the end of the game 47-41. The Stars have a much stronger and faster team this year. I think they get it done this time around.

Another huge addition for the Stars this year is a seasoned and talented 6 man football coach. Last year, the Stars coach had 11 man experience and didn't develop a 6 man game plan. Coach Johnson's 6 man expertise greatly enhances the Stars chances.

Rival - a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.
WCS and WFND compete in many sports, boys and girls, for the same objective. They are rivals.

I am so sorry for my absence Prickly Bear Fans.....I see you guys have picked up the slack and been talking smack...lol

Dave never ceases to amaze me....you must have went to one of those big fancy schools like Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or Harvard! We ain't never seen or heard no words like them ones you use at PTU...Podunk Tech University.

I will have to agree that WCS/ND is not a rivalry until WCS can win one....but this may be the year. I have heard that the Stars are coached up and play hard, but will the speed of ND get them in the end and I am sure ND is wanting to prove something as the game was very close last year.

Trinity will blow the doors off BVL...Hats off to Trinity for giving NCTA a heck of a fight. The players and coaches did a great job IMO of preparing for them. That stud back is a thoroughbred and NCTA is primed to be in Zephyr. I think this is a rematch for the Semi-Finals. IMO Trinity has done a fantastic job losing good players and going through a coaching change this season. I guess they weren't a one pony show like everyone (myself included) thought.

As always your friendly neighborhood Prickly Bear!

Back