Week 10 District Clashes

gohorns40":3ey81jkb said:
SixmanSpectator":3ey81jkb said:
MC vs Paducah should be a game to go watch. I just hope this game is played fair and kept clean. I was at the Guthrie/Paducah game last Friday and let me tell you that a few of those boys from Paducah were playing real dirty. Just because you are getting out played and out executed does not mean you should resort to trying to hurt the other teams players. Even saw the fans blowing their horn so the Guthrie players could not here the snap count. Guthrie kept their cool and just played football and showed they surely were the better team. Hope the game this Friday is good and played fair. Best luck to both teams.

I wasn't there and cannot pass judgement on dirty. I do know football is a violent game when played properly. There are rules written to allow or disallow certain actions and officials on site to interprete the actions in light of the rules. Generally speaking, if the whistle has not blown, one needs their chinstrap buckled tightly. Causing injury is not the goal, but imposing one's physical will on the opponent is.
UIL rules do not allow air horns. All other noisemakers are typically allowed. If the crowd at a six-man game can make enough noise to disrupt an offense's snap count, I applaud them. I just don't think that it is possible.

If the UIL doesn't allow air horns, then there a lot of towns in violation with the train horns! Train horns are run by air, thus making them an air horn!

Back