May at Gordon (+18)
Crowell (+18) at Knox City
Ira at Hermleigh (+9)
Motley County (+17) at Paducah
Zephyr (+19) at Santa Anna
Whitharral at Wllman-Union (Pick 'Em)

Where will you be?
I think you left out a HUGE game.

Abbott vs Milford. Milford managing to beat Coolidge was huge in that district. If Milford beats Abbott, they will punch their playoff ticket and leave Abbott and Coolidge to battle it out for second. On the other hand, an Abbott win this week sets up a possible 3 way tie if Coolidge can knock off Abbott in week 11.

I know it's not two of the top ten teams playing but the Forestburg - Woodson game last year year mad it in the top ten games of year on DCTF last year. It shouldn't be that close this year but it looks like the throck/woodson game was. Tioga-Newcastle should show Tioga is for real too.

tobyvann":1h1jx6zq said:
I know it's not two of the top ten teams playing but the Forestburg - Woodson game last year year mad it in the top ten games of year on DCTF last year. It shouldn't be that close this year but it looks like the throck/woodson game was. Tioga-Newcastle should show Tioga is for real too.
I agree with you on the Tioga/Newcastle game. I just don't know which way to go on that one.

On the Woodson/Forestburg........ not so much. I'm betting Forestburg ends it early. Sorry if you are from Woodson, but that's just my opinion.

Shad Kline":1v60yocw said:
gohorns40":1v60yocw said:
May at Gordon (+18)
Ira at Hermleigh (+9)

Where will you be?

Abbott vs Milford. Milford managing to beat Coolidge was huge in that district. If Milford beats Abbott, they will punch their playoff ticket and leave Abbott and Coolidge to battle it out for second. On the other hand, an Abbott win this week sets up a possible 3 way tie if Coolidge can knock off Abbott in week 11.

Maybe Shad. I just think Abbott is the class of D1-14, and it's not that close. But therein lies the beauty of sports: the games are played on the field and not on paper.
For God so loved sports that he gave us the upset. Whosoever believes only in rankings shall surely see the time when he will be thoroughly vexed.....

Shad Kline":219668v8 said:
tobyvann":219668v8 said:
I agree with you on the Tioga/Newcastle game. I just don't know which way to go on that one.

I saw Newcastle in week 1 and know they're a sound, tough opponent. Tioga is flying under the radar even with their undefeated streak. You're right, this one bears watching in Week 11 for D1-9 title.

I reckon every district has a huge clash coming up but the WV vs. Sterling City game will go a long way towards figuring out the D1, District 6 champ. Not counting out Robert Lee but I'll be in Water Valley on Friday night to see if the WV can defend their district championship against the evil-doers from up the road.

WV Backer":1vkwcyvb said:
I reckon every district has a huge clash coming up but the WV vs. Sterling City game will go a long way towards figuring out the D1, District 6 champ. Not counting out Robert Lee but I'll be in Water Valley on Friday night to see if the WV can defend their district championship against the evil-doers from up the road.

I did overlook this one. Should be a great game!

MC vs Paducah should be a game to go watch. I just hope this game is played fair and kept clean. I was at the Guthrie/Paducah game last Friday and let me tell you that a few of those boys from Paducah were playing real dirty. Just because you are getting out played and out executed does not mean you should resort to trying to hurt the other teams players. Even saw the fans blowing their horn so the Guthrie players could not here the snap count. Guthrie kept their cool and just played football and showed they surely were the better team. Hope the game this Friday is good and played fair. Best luck to both teams.

SixmanSpectator":1dtb9gkl said:
MC vs Paducah should be a game to go watch. I just hope this game is played fair and kept clean. I was at the Guthrie/Paducah game last Friday and let me tell you that a few of those boys from Paducah were playing real dirty. Just because you are getting out played and out executed does not mean you should resort to trying to hurt the other teams players. Even saw the fans blowing their horn so the Guthrie players could not here the snap count. Guthrie kept their cool and just played football and showed they surely were the better team. Hope the game this Friday is good and played fair. Best luck to both teams.

I wasn't there and cannot pass judgement on dirty. I do know football is a violent game when played properly. There are rules written to allow or disallow certain actions and officials on site to interprete the actions in light of the rules. Generally speaking, if the whistle has not blown, one needs their chinstrap buckled tightly. Causing injury is not the goal, but imposing one's physical will on the opponent is.
UIL rules do not allow air horns. All other noisemakers are typically allowed. If the crowd at a six-man game can make enough noise to disrupt an offense's snap count, I applaud them. I just don't think that it is possible.

gohorns40":23b6euvl said:
Shad Kline":23b6euvl said:
gohorns40":23b6euvl said:
May at Gordon (+18)
Ira at Hermleigh (+9)

Where will you be?

Maybe Shad. I just think Abbott is the class of D1-14, and it's not that close. But therein lies the beauty of sports: the games are played on the field and not on paper.
For God so loved sports that he gave us the upset. Whosoever believes only in rankings shall surely see the time when he will be thoroughly vexed.....

I thought I was wrong once.... But I was mistaken. Milford handles Abbott 53-40.... Good call Shad!

tobyvann":14bot1jr said:

A funny thing happened on the way to a Tioga - Newcastle showdown.... Bryson 36 - Tioga 32

I saw that but had them down for Newcastle my mistake. I was very surprised at that score too. I've watched both before and it wasn't how the game went

I dearly love the unpredictability of sports. Most games follow form, but there are those you just don't see coming.
Several upsets. Several blowouts in games thought of as would be close. Crazy week 10!

Back