Week 1 Games of Intersts

Kramer

11-man fan
As I looked over the week 1 games, these caught my attention.

-Mt. Calm vs. Gorman - Mt. Calm is a 10 point favorite, Gorman has yet to lose in 6 man (from 2015-16). I like Gorman in this one by 18

-The 6 man debut of Nueces Canyon

-Sterling City vs Happy should be something to see, 2 HEAVY WEIGHTS teeing if off week 1. With the coaching change at SC, I see Happy winning this one by 13

-Bryson is a 34 point fav or walnut springs, BRYSON by 45. I saw Bryson demolish a pretty good Wichita Falls Christian team (scrimmage).

-Hart is -15 to Kress and from what wonder dog has told me, Kress coach has NEVER beaten HART. I got HART in this one by 32

Abbott is -24 vs Milford. Abbott usually loses a game or 2 early and peaks come district time. Milford wins going away BUT DON'T SLEEP ON ABBOTT COME PLAYOFF TIME

There were a few PRIVATE vs PUBLIC games this week that look really good on paper

Austin Veritas vs Garden City - I believe GC tradition wins this one by 24

San Marcos Hill Country Christian vs High Island - SMHCC will prove to be TOO MUCH for the Cardinal from the Gulf Coast.

Rockwall Heritage Christian Academy vs Coolidge - HCA/Treadway (most talented RB in TAPPS) will be too much for Coolidge, I see HCA by 38.

AND THE MAIN EVENT for Private vs Public
Houston Emery Weiner vs Calvert - Emery won state last year but I don't think they've EVER seen this type of speed/talent/football savy on the field for 4 qtrs.
Calvert has the most electrifying player in the state of 1A and I just cant see Emery touching him, Calvert is known for winning.
I know my privates will do well vs uil's but my heart and brain say Calvert by 22

PLEASE POST YOUR GAMES OF INTERESTS

FOOTBALL IS UPON US

Emery Weiner vs Calvert is probably the best private vs public matchup but Calvert wins here.

How will Nueces Canyon be?

I think the best/most competitive game will be Mt. Calm and Gorman along with Sterling City vs Happy.

Happy vs. Sterling City should be the best week 1 game as far as both schools past history

Well Kramer hello from "Hootieville" . I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mt. Calm will crush Gorman. I know this much from the scrimmage last week - If it would have been a regular season game Covington very well might have won the game. The majority of the scrimmage the Owls outplayed them! It's going to be real interesting Friday night versus Aquilla at home. Coach Steele has this team fired up and the sky is the limit. Signing Off - Hootie

Kramer":2i77olv5 said:

-Mt. Calm vs. Gorman - Mt. Calm is a 10 point favorite, Gorman has yet to lose in 6 man (from 2015-16). I like Gorman in this one by 18

-Sterling City vs Happy should be something to see, 2 HEAVY WEIGHTS teeing if off week 1. With the coaching change at SC, I see Happy winning this one by 13

-Bryson is a 34 point fav or walnut springs, BRYSON by 45. I saw Bryson demolish a pretty good Wichita Falls Christian team (scrimmage).

-Hart is -15 to Kress and from what wonder dog has told me, Kress coach has NEVER beaten HART. I got HART in this one by 32

Abbott is -24 vs Milford. Abbott usually loses a game or 2 early and peaks come district time. Milford wins going away BUT DON'T SLEEP ON ABBOTT COME PLAYOFF TIME

There were a few PRIVATE vs PUBLIC games this week that look really good on paper

San Marcos Hill Country Christian vs High Island - SMHCC will prove to be TOO MUCH for the Cardinal from the Gulf Coast.

Rockwall Heritage Christian Academy vs Coolidge - HCA/Treadway (most talented RB in TAPPS) will be too much for Coolidge, I see HCA by 38.

Houston Emery Weiner vs Calvert - Emery won state last year but I don't think they've EVER seen this type of speed/talent/football savy on the field for 4 qtrs.
Calvert has the most electrifying player in the state of 1A and I just cant see Emery touching him, Calvert is known for winning.
I know my privates will do well vs uil's but my heart and brain say Calvert by 22

FOOTBALL IS UPON US

I bet the kids from Jonesboro that was on the field against the Calvert kid would defiantly not use the words "the most electrifying player in the state of 1A"!
He was not to "electrifying" against The Jones defense.

Bill O'Rielly":3h8xeqe7 said:
Kramer":3h8xeqe7 said:

FOOTBALL IS UPON US

I bet the kids from Jonesboro that was on the field against the Calvert kid would defiantly not use the words "the most electrifying player in the state of 1A"!

Have you ever watched this young man play? I had the pleasure of coaching this young man in all sports and I can guarantee you that he is "the most electrifying player in the state of 1A!). Jonesboro last year had a great, well-balanced, power house football team. With the injury to Calvert's all-state linebacker Xavier Laury, Calvert fell to that great team. Though they may not have won that game, it does not take away from how good young Quan really is!

I'm with Wonder Dog, Kramer and Loboe77 in saying Sterling City vs. Happy ought to be a good one. Preseason #3 vs. #8... I reckon we'll find out where each of them stands early on.

No team is "in shape" yet, not too many injuries yet, no motivation yet, nothing on the line yet,,,,,,but here come the predictions!!!!!! Aquilla beats Abbott this year!!!!!!

THAT_GUY_SHELTON":2drps2n5 said:
Bill O'Rielly":2drps2n5 said:
Kramer":2drps2n5 said:

FOOTBALL IS UPON US

Have you ever watched this young man play? I had the pleasure of coaching this young man in all sports and I can guarantee you that he is "the most electrifying player in the state of 1A!). Jonesboro last year had a great, well-balanced, power house football team. With the injury to Calvert's all-state linebacker Xavier Laury, Calvert fell to that great team. Though they may not have won that game, it does not take away from how good young Quan really is!

Yes, I've seen him play many of times, in person.
I never said that the kid was not good. Actually he is pretty darn good.
Have you seen ALL the top players in the state play?
But, "electrifying" is to much in my book. An "electrifying" player could have got the job done against The Jones Defense. Just saying.

I believe Mt. Calm is going to blow out Gorman. From everything I have read and heard about Coach Satcher, this man is a great coach and better person and he will have his kids ready for Gorman.

I know I seem like a High Island apologist but I've known Coach Bronk all the way back from his days when he built the Summit program into a contender. I believe he is building one down on the coast and a lot of people are sleeping on the Cardinals. His offense is led by one of the best QB's not just in six-man, but in all of Texas. From what I've been told, his QB is being recruited by multiple D1-AA and D2 schools. The young man can spin it. Also, in talking to Coach recently he couldn't stop talking about his LB. He said the kid is a tackling machine and bets he will be the districts Defensive MVP and he is only a JR.

I've going with my heart and believe the Cardinals will beat San Marcos Hill Country and beat them by double digits.

Garden City is going to paste Veritas. No way that program will hang close to GC. Coach Jones is a stud Coach and his team will dominate them.

Is Nueces Canyon ok? Are the rumors true about kids quitting and numbers low?

Abbott is a machine but I think this game with Milford will be a nail biter.

I am putting money down tonight and say that Emery Weiner is going to beat Calvert. People don't understand how physical Emery is and how talented they are overall. Calvert is about to find out.

Coolidge should be the stones off Rockwall, but we'll see what this new Coach can pull off. We still got tons of speed and athletes, but new coach, new system, who knows.

Gorman wins by 28. Physical game, but Gorman will be to deep for the panthers. If good guys won championships, Satcher would have a dozen. But you gotta play the games on the field, not in the movies.

Abbot loses by 36pts. Taron will be to much for anything on Abbots defense.

Oakwood will win by 6. I think they Coach will win more significant games this year.

Calvert beats Emery.

SixmanVirgin,
Please clear up your grammar/english for us, but anyways

Coolidge AIN'T beating the "STONES" off Rockwall Heritage, WITH A NEW COACH OR WITH THE PREVIOUS COACH. Rockwall Heritage IS GOOD, VERY GOOD. Looking at Rockwall website, they will bring in 12 SOLID SENIOR'S with a STUD IN #9 Tyler Treadway and the NEW TRANSFER from Rockwall Heath Fulton Max Mitchell.
Coolidge defense WON'T touch Tyler Treadway.

I can see Milford beating Abbott, They beat Abbott last yr and Abbott may have that CRUISE CONTROL BUTTON ON since winning it all in 2015-16.

don't know anything about Oakwood but Zephyr should be really good.

EaglePrideFan":dw132hlc said:
I believe Mt. Calm is going to blow out Gorman. From everything I have read and heard about Coach Satcher, this man is a great coach and better person and he will have his kids ready for Gorman.

I know I seem like a High Island apologist but I've known Coach Bronk all the way back from his days when he built the Summit program into a contender. I believe he is building one down on the coast and a lot of people are sleeping on the Cardinals. His offense is led by one of the best QB's not just in six-man, but in all of Texas. From what I've been told, his QB is being recruited by multiple D1-AA and D2 schools. The young man can spin it. Also, in talking to Coach recently he couldn't stop talking about his LB. He said the kid is a tackling machine and bets he will be the districts Defensive MVP and he is only a JR.

I've going with my heart and believe the Cardinals will beat San Marcos Hill Country and beat them by double digits.

Garden City is going to paste Veritas. No way that program will hang close to GC. Coach Jones is a stud Coach and his team will dominate them.

Is Nueces Canyon ok? Are the rumors true about kids quitting and numbers low?

Abbott is a machine but I think this game with Milford will be a nail biter.

I am putting money down tonight and say that Emery Weiner is going to beat Calvert. People don't understand how physical Emery is and how talented they are overall. Calvert is about to find out.

Are you willing to put money down on Gorman / Mt.Calm?

Somehow I'm not surprised you'd ask that considering your hatred you have for Coach Satcher. Not sure what and why you have an axe to grind but you've beaten this dead horse over and over again. Give it a rest dude; your shtick is getting old.

If you're a butt hurt former parent or player of a past school, it's time to grow up and get past it man.

Since I know Mt. Calm is going to win, how about the bet be that you disappear off the board for a year or maybe you post something respectful each week towards the Mt. Calm program and Coach Satcher?

Back