We must not Forget

markf

Six-man fan
It's hard to believe that it's been 12 years since the attacks of September 11. I remember watching it on the TV as it was unfolding. This is a day I personally do not think I will ever forget. Remember 9/11 and all those souls that died and suffered from it and many of those are still suffering today and don't forget to offer a prayer for the protection of our nation. God Bless America.

Also remember all those first responders that passed or were injured or maybe just injured emotionally saving or trying to save lives. And, thanks to all those who never gave up that were involved in bringing justice to bin laden.

As far as I'm concerned, any Arab/Muslim nation that sponsors those who attack us should be made into a radioactive glass bowl. Do it at least once, maybe twice, and the rest will get the message:

"KILL 'EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT"

Old Bearkat":2uts1ihp said:
As far as I'm concerned, any Arab/Muslim nation that sponsors those who attack us should be made into a radioactive glass bowl. Do it at least once, maybe twice, and the rest will get the message:

Hell yes. That's what we need for a foreign policy.

oldfat&bald":3k8n0aqg said:
Old Bearkat":3k8n0aqg said:

Hell yes. That's what we need for a foreign policy.
That won't happen with the current POS, I mean POTUS....

Old Bearkat":qe410jzx said:

We have nuclear weapons
We have the means to deliver said nuclear weapons
We sit around and worry about the little pizzant countries that are trying to bulid nuclear weapons
What my friends is wrong with that picture????

I remember watching everything unfold on TV, calling my wife and suggesting that she lock up the office and come home. I don;t think we ventured more than 5 feet from the TV for the rest of the day.

The most vivid memory I have of The Attack is the next day, though. All planes were grounded. Nothing was supposed to be in the air. I'm out on the porch and see the vapor trails of a single jet heading east. Then the engine noise catches up to what i was looking at.

There are times when the quality of life in a rural panhandle town is beyond a price tag. That afternoon, I felt more alone - and helpless - than I can ever remember feeling before or since.

What sticks in my craw
is how the red cross jumped in,
raised so much $$ for this specific disaster,
then decided to keep so much of it,
supposedly,
to help with other projects,
that many of the victims didn't see much at all.
Red cross executives make 6 fig. salaries.

Dogface2":120su6ww said:
What sticks in my craw
supposedly,

One of the many reasons I NEVER give to the Red Cross, or the United Way for that matter....

Old Bearkat":g6ye1xek said:
Dogface2":g6ye1xek said:
What sticks in my craw
supposedly,

One of the many reasons I NEVER give to the Red Cross, or the United Way for that matter....
I like the Salvation Army!
But,
you can actually designate which specific local charity your United way donation goes,
so,
at least there's that.

Dogface2":lo184ank said:
Old Bearkat":lo184ank said:
Dogface2":lo184ank said:
What sticks in my craw
supposedly,

But,
you can actually designate which specific local charity your United way donation goes,
so,
at least there's that.

United way takes at least 7% off the top for their administrative overhead (including overpaid executives). You can give directly to any charity UW funds and have 100% of your money go to it and have to pay for only one non-profit overhead. In 33 years in the big corporate workplace, I have NEVER given to UW even in the face of management threats.

I give time and/or money directly to Boy Scouts, my church, USO, and the Salvation Army.

oldfat&bald":19s00cui said:
Old Bearkat":19s00cui said:
I give time and/or money directly to Boy Scouts, my church, USO, and the Salvation Army.

You still give to the Boy Scouts after they started allowing gay leaders?

Not queer leaders. When that happens I QUIT!

They are allowing openly faggot scouts, which went against the wishes of over 60% of the adult membership. They did this after the queer groups put a lot of pressure on the corporate CEO's who sit on the BSA board by threatening economic boycotts, and those idiots gave in despite the actual low numbers of queers in this nation. And the actual results of previous lib group boycotts. The last several have failed miserably, just ask Chik Fil-A.

Just wait until they suffer the money hit from disaffected adult members. It will hurt more.

Old Bearkat":15wgfy56 said:
Dogface2":15wgfy56 said:
Old Bearkat":15wgfy56 said:
Dogface2":15wgfy56 said:
What sticks in my craw
supposedly,

But,
so,
at least there's that.

United way takes at least 7% off the top for their administrative overhead (including overpaid executives). You can give directly to any charity UW funds and have 100% of your money go to it and have to pay for only one non-profit overhead. In 33 years in the big corporate workplace, I have NEVER given to UW even in the face of management threats.

You're so right about giving directly!
That's the best way.

Back