WCS vs. WF ND who you got and why?

45FootballFan93

11-man fan
I’ve been following 6man for some while now and was wondering if anybody had the scoop on WF ND? They dont get talked about a lot so I was just wondering if anybody had any info on them. I saw them play their first game of the season. They only played 7 guys, looked like they had 4 guys out. They played a Goldburg team with size and a lot more numbers and at first I thought Goldburg was gonna pound then, but ND threw the ball well and came out with a win. I haven’t followed them much since. WCS seems to always be the favorite out of this district even though ND has been more successful over the past couple years. They play each other for the district championship this Friday. I’m going to go with ND just because they seem to be the underdogs and I love rooting for the lesser team.

This site has them favored by 14. I don't know how each team's regular season strength of schedule compares, but it looks like both played Kingdom Prep in the same district pretty close.

Like all good rivalries I don't think you can ever really predict these kinds of games. Everything that happened before gets thrown out and whichever team is ready and wants it more that night usually comes out on top.

It is true that Notre Dame has the lion share of wins over the past decade. WC finally got on the board last year. Sometimes that's all the momentum you need to get a streak of your own going.

My pick right now would have to be the Stars in a close one -- most likely within 8.

Texhomahomepage does a great job with media of both schools. From what I can see, if ND can't contain Findley then they won't come away with the W. ND looks more versatile but then again I've only watched the clips on the news page.

I'm hoping WC gets Back-to-Back so this rivalry can grow in the head-to-head tallies.

58-30 in favor of the Knights.

Box score and recap in the paper showed a second-half explosion on offense from ND. Is this program back on track after an off year last year?

Does it really matter? Is anyone in the north equipped to beat Weatherford?

WFfootballfan":1v5ggjqe said:
58-30 in favor of the Knights.

Box score and recap in the paper showed a second-half explosion on offense from ND. Is this program back on track after an off year last year?

Does it really matter? Is anyone in the north equipped to beat Weatherford?

Best win is over #108 Wylie prep. They have yet to face a very strong opponent so I don’t see them as unbeatable by any means.

It does look like Weatherford will be the North representative. Preseason I thought I may be WCA and even a few games in yet it's looking like a longshot for WCA.
Longview looked strong but with losses to Weatherford and Faustina, they are slipping behind as well

Anyone from the North want to dive into it.

I saw an article online where Faustina and Weatherford played pretty close for a half earlier this year.

Looking at the bracket, the Knights should have a pretty favorable matchup against a 6th place team from district 2 at home before most likely facing Faustina in the 2nd-round.

It looks like WCS will have to make it past Longview Trinity (not an easy task I'm betting) before having a date with Weatherford in round 2.

The way I see it, Faustina and Weatherford are destined for a rematch in the state semis. I don't think WCS has the horsepower to make a deep run this year against this field. The Knights have had an impressive turnaround season, but I also don't think they are ready quite yet for a return to the title game.

Just my opinion. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I also think that Faustina vs Westherford rematch would be a very good game. Extremely hard to beat a team 2 times in 1 year. I would give the edge to Faustina. They have a very good spread game and it showed in that first half of the last game. They played weatherford tight

South goes through Cedar Park or Baytown and would more than likely be the favorite over either team from the north

Thanks for the right up. Looking at the clips off of texhoma and just the results of the matches, I agree with what you wrote.

WCS don't have the depth to make a deep run and N.D. just won't out skill Weatherford. Longview is a team with big players so I'm thinking a matchup with them would be a tall task for ND, and even a taller task against Weatherfod being they bested Longview and Faustina.

Which team from the South does the North see as the state finalist?

probably after friday
D1,D2 both look to still have some movement coming after this last district game, but D3 is pretty much set besides one possible change in the north bracket

I think the Knights could still surprise some people in the postseason. They have a history of doing so in the past few years.

Granted this team is far different from their two state finalist teams. There are a lot of different contributors and no single star player. The defense has been pretty salty through district as well.

If they are able to get past their first-round opponent as predicated, I would give them a fighting chance against Faustina. From there, who knows? But that's the exciting part!

Glad to see my boys in blue & gold back in the top spot in district and excited to compete in the playoffs!

A semi-final matchup with Weatherford is possible. But I dont see ND going past Weatherford. The Lions are big and powerful. They have a running back in #22 that reminds me of how Zeke Elliot runs. The kid runs over opponents and runs past them.

Would ND be able to contain him???

22 is a powerful back for sure. Not sure that ND has the size to match up with them, however I do think they can match their physicality

Back