WAY TOO EARLY TOP 10

Boooger

11-man fan
#1 Seguin Lifegate (returning 4 on defense and reigning state champions great coaching staff)
#2 Heath Fulton (returning 3 on both sides of the ball, full of athletes, great coach)
#3 Freddy Heritage (returning 4 on defense 4 on offense, experience, great coaching staff)
#4 Wichita Falls Notre Dame (returning two best back in state, losing lot of seniors)
#5 Orange CC (speed, experience, 2nd year same coach)
#6 Granbury NCTA (great coach have good athletes but must replace key players)
#7 Alvin Living Stones (great coaching, keeping 3 on both sides of the ball)
#8 Lubbock Kingdom Prep (very young last year ready and hungry to make a run)
#9 Lake Jackson Brazosport (also ready to make a run after being away for a while)
#10 Brenham (Tarbutton will have some athletes and less injuries this year that will make for success)

Dare to jump in and dont forget to check the dI board for the same

Yep, I agree. Totally.
It's wayyyyyy tooooo early.

You'd do better guessing the date of the second coming of Jesus Christ. And so far, everybody guessing that one has been o-fer...

Its never to early. check out ESPN and recruiting coverage, spring ball, etc. Besides what changes between now and august minus a few unknown move ins and outs. Soooo what say you grand wizard.

Boooger":2jj6e418 said:
Its never to early. check out ESPN and recruiting coverage, spring ball, etc. Besides what changes between now and august minus a few unknown move ins and outs. Soooo what say you grand wizard.

My crystal ball is in the shop. Warranty repairs.

I'll play-
#1- Seguin- Number one until someone knocks them off. Speed kills in sixman and they have plenty of it. But, be warned Seguin, life is different when you are the defending State Champs. Everyone will have something to prove when they play you. Would still like to see them play a tougher schedule.

#2- Freddy- No one thought they would make it back to The Dance when they lost 7 seniors a year ago. They proved most of us wrong. Now what will they do when only losing two seniors? That Patillo kid will be hard to replace, though. Could it be Freddy and Seguin back in Zephyr in December?

#3- Notre Dame- They were LOADED this past season but couldn't get past Freddy. How will they react to losing the offensive line and QB? However, they have the best backfield in DII. Can those two carry the team?

#4- Orange- They are fast but lacked the scheme and/or discipline to get past the semis. I don't know if they are losing much but, I'll say it again, speed kills in sixman.

#5- Heath- Seem to always have the athletes, and always have early fan support. But something happens mid-season and they fade from the radar. Getting ready for basketball? Or do they suffer from playing in a weak sister district?

#6- Lake Jackson- Had a good return to DII this past season. I have no idea what they lose/return but that district will be competitve again this year.

#7 Brenham- I thought they would have a better 2012 but injuries and issues held them back. Will Coach Tarbutton right the ship this year?

#8 Alvin- Played, arguably, the toughest non-district schedule in DII in 2012 but had a young squad. That should prepare them well for 2013. District play will be good.

#9- Granbury- Headed in a new direction with Coach Rasco. This year will be special for the Pioneers.

#10- Jesus Chapel- Put up ridiculous numbers during the regular season. Graduating most of their speed in the backfield. Easy district but hopefully they will have an opponent to play in the first round of the playoffs this season.

pup":1mf7d7m3 said:
I'll play-
#1- Seguin- Number one until someone knocks them off. Speed kills in sixman and they have plenty of it. But, be warned Seguin, life is different when you are the defending State Champs. Everyone will have something to prove when they play you. Would still like to see them play a tougher schedule.

Wait a minute, pup. Lemme see. We played 10 regular season games.

Six of our opponents made the playoffs (5 in TAPPS, 1 in T-CAL). I looked at their records at the end of the season and they were a combined 37-19,with six of those 19 losses coming to Lifegate ... so they won 74% of their games when Lifegate wasn't their opponent. There were solid opponents -- but for example, we spanked New Braunfels Christian and they only lost two other games ... to Freddy and Dallas Covenant. That ain't chopped liver.

One thing we (and Freddy) have had going for it over the past several years is we have a big, solid district. Yes, there are a few folks we all look forward for Homecoming night, but when you have six of your 10 games mean something -- district play -- I think it makes you stronger than a team with only three or four district games. You get into a "this game means something" mentality earlier in the year and it doesn't hurt come playoff time when -- guess what -- this game DOES mean something.

I knew once we beat NCTA that the championship was ours for the taking; I had suspicions that this could be our year earlier, but it depended on us being healthy ... which, fortunately, we were.

Oh, by the way, we started spring workouts today.

And I expect all ten of those opponents from last year to have their rematch with Lifegate circled in red on their calendars.

Well said wizard. There is something to be said as far as large districts go. I am not hijacking my own board but I do wish tcal tcaf and tapps could somehow get together. Imagine the districts and the playoffs. It would be UIL ish.

OK no one respond to that seriously. Back to the way to early top 10

How bout this. Since Lifegate is starting spring ball (they are the leader of the pack)

Who starts spring ball when, how long do you go, pads no pads and what are some basic goals?

I am sure the northern teams wait until later as well as the basketball/ track schools.

Wizard you still didnt give us you way to early top 10. You will have a chance to update it in late July as well as late august.

Fulton returns 5 on both sides. Only 1 senior started. The freshman class coming in is their best crop of athletes the school has had IMO.

Back