Way Too Early State Predictions

WarEagle":2asj2xoc said:
Veritas beat CP thanks to a blatant blind side cheap shot by Veritas on one of CP's two best players that resulted in both players getting ejected.

I am not the least bit impressed with the Veritas program, coaches, players etc.

On to Cherokee!!

War Eagle!!!

Cheap shot? Did cedar park player retaliate or was it something they did before the play?

No just a cheap shot from Veritas player and then CP player reacts, unfortunately official did not see initial cheap shot and both players were ejected.

It is a different score if 8 is in there.

All good though as it is a learning experience!!

-War Eagle

I think you may have picked up the action one cheap shot late WarEagle. I was in the stands and saw the Veritas player get shoved down from behind well behind the play. He popped up and retaliated. Two cheap shots, two ejections, looked like justice from where I was sitting.

Nope sorry Mr CNN Spin Zone. CP Player was the ball carrier who fumbled from a hard solid clean hit. He got up after Veritas picked up the ball and ran with it. He had his back to Veritas player who shoved him and then CP player retaliated.

-War Eagle!!

WarEagle":393to7wg said:
Veritas beat CP thanks to a blatant blind side cheap shot by Veritas on one of CP's two best players that resulted in both players getting ejected.

I am not the least bit impressed with the Veritas program, coaches, players etc.

On to Cherokee!!

War Eagle!!!

I don't have a dog in this fight and was at the game as well...

Veritas picks up a fumble and takes it the other way, Veritas player well behind the play continues to block and then as play is ending goes towards another player to engage, Summit player sees him coming and throws him to the ground and then 2 summit players go after him. Looked to me like an inexperienced Veritas player trying to be aggressive and being ignorant to the fact that what he was doing was illegal. Obvious personal foul, but wouldn't have been an ejection on its own. Summit had 2 players then throw punches on the Veritas guy on the ground, luckily for Summit only one got ejected along with the Veritas player. Refs took a good 10 minutes to huddle and make the decision to eject both and they got the call correct. You throw a punch in a game and you're gonna get ejected.

I don't think either action by those boys reflects their program, school, or coaches. Dumb play by a Veritas underclassmen and an unfortunate response by Summit players in the heat of the moment.

Other than that play I was very impressed by the sportsmanship by the players on both teams, kids helping each other up and no other plays that would be seen as even remotely dirty the rest of the game.

The only event during the game that I was not the "least bit impressed" with was the parent in the stands screaming and cussing after #8 was ejected and continued to do so after it was pointed out to him that there were kids in the stands all around him.....Surely that wasn't you War Eagle?????

Score would have been closer with #8 in the game, but Veritas still would have won the game due to their depth. They were rotating their best players from the start and still close to 100% late in the 4th, Summit kids gave it their all but were cramping and struggling most of the 4th quarter.

Old76er":1on5xuzd said:
Believe #8 is a senior, tough to walk away but lesson learned for them. Veritas player a senior as well?

My apologies #8 is a sophomore. Tough for a freshman or sophomore to keep their cool. If lessons are to
Be learned it’s better for it to happen now then during district or playoffs.

Feel free to criticize me for my response, as I should have watched my language and for that I apologize to anyone with sensitive ears. I come from 11 man 5A and 6A still adjusting to the fact that most fans at this level sit on their hands during the game. That said I heard comments from Veritas fans, so you definitely aren't all Angels!!

I stand by my statement that it was a cheap shot by Veritas that initiated it all. The other Summit player was protecting his teammate, I saw plenty of other Veritas players running over to get in the mix.

But lessoned learned by all, myself included!!

And yeah #8 is my son if you hadn't figured that out by now.

Good luck the rest of the way!!

-War Eagle

You guys are missing the point. I have not, or ever will I, call out kids. Athletes are going to do what they are told by coaches or what their parents suggest. My problem with Baytown/Goose Creek Christian School is how the coaches and/or administration are creating a "select" football team.

I found this on the TAPPS website: "(TAPPS) serves to organize, stimulate, encourage and promote the academic, athletic and fine arts programs in an effort to foster a spirit of fair play, good fellowship, true sportsmanship and wholesome competition for boys and girls."

What Baytown/Goose Creek is doing is not in the spirit of fair play, or good fellowship, or true sportsmanship, and certainly not wholesome competition. They are circumventing the rules to create a winning team. I guess I'm naive in thinking a coach should work with what he has, not go to the local 6A public school and convince studs to come win a state title. This is not college, this is not pro ball. What about the poor kid that has been at Baytown his whole career, he's been working his tail off to be a contributor on his team only to have Goose Creek players come over and knock him out of any sort of playing time.

I've been on this board a long time, never have I seen such manipulation of the system to create a winning program. If that's the goal of Baytown/Goose Creek then maybe they should go build their own league where all the schools can see who can recruit the best public school players. BTW, all my information is or was found on Maxpreps, you can find it there. Call me what you will, but I'm about doing what's right and in the true "spirit of fair play." At the end of the day, or football season, what are the athletes learning? Are they learning to work hard and overcome? Or are they learning we can just go out and get some studs to win a state title?

Wow, you just keep digging that grave, huh? So all these "studs" left a 6A Texas program to go get little to no exposure at a Division 3 TAPPS school with a student population of 44 because the likes of Sabin, Herman, and Sweeny are knocking those Christian doors off the hinges to get those players?

That is the "smartest" system I have ever read. What about you gents?

Dirty Bay this guy is ridiculous! Never heard him talk about other power house teams like Veritas, Freddy, or
teams like that. He needs to get over the whipping that him or his son took in the past. Must be lonely in the world that he’s living in!! Keep on rolling Baytown. Y’all are doing a great job down there.

Sorry I would have responded earlier, but have been busy preparing for the ghosts of Woody Hayes, Paul "Bear" Bryant and Bo Schembechler all paying recruiting visits this week..You know what they say if you build it they will come!!Or maybe Pups thread can just be put on ESPN's best of C'MON MAN!!

But yeah I know I am just the loud mouth in the stands, so what I do I know lol..

-War Eagle!!

Thanks for the more complete and balanced account than either WarEagle or I offered. Much appreciated. I think I'll change my handle to CNN Spin Zone. Priceless.

KB12":1c4eidhk said:
WarEagle":1c4eidhk said:

On to Cherokee!!

War Eagle!!!

I don't have a dog in this fight and was at the game as well...

Veritas picks up a fumble and takes it the other way, Veritas player well behind the play continues to block and then as play is ending goes towards another player to engage, Summit player sees him coming and throws him to the ground and then 2 summit players go after him. Looked to me like an inexperienced Veritas player trying to be aggressive and being ignorant to the fact that what he was doing was illegal. Obvious personal foul, but wouldn't have been an ejection on its own. Summit had 2 players then throw punches on the Veritas guy on the ground, luckily for Summit only one got ejected along with the Veritas player. Refs took a good 10 minutes to huddle and make the decision to eject both and they got the call correct. You throw a punch in a game and you're gonna get ejected.

I don't think either action by those boys reflects their program, school, or coaches. Dumb play by a Veritas underclassmen and an unfortunate response by Summit players in the heat of the moment.

Other than that play I was very impressed by the sportsmanship by the players on both teams, kids helping each other up and no other plays that would be seen as even remotely dirty the rest of the game.

The only event during the game that I was not the "least bit impressed" with was the parent in the stands screaming and cussing after #8 was ejected and continued to do so after it was pointed out to him that there were kids in the stands all around him.....Surely that wasn't you War Eagle?????

Score would have been closer with #8 in the game, but Veritas still would have won the game due to their depth. They were rotating their best players from the start and still close to 100% late in the 4th, Summit kids gave it their all but were cramping and struggling most of the 4th quarter.

WarEagle":zs11dyzy said:
Oh whatever, sorry I didn't kiss the ring of "The Almighty Veritas"!!

On to this weeks action..

-War Eagle

I think you meant kiss the 3 rings in 4 years of Veritas.....thats not the point though.

Dad's being sore losers and calling out other coaches and programs is my issue, especially in this case where you are the one claiming a lack of class. Too much irony to ignore.

KB12":30tfsg3t said:
WarEagle":30tfsg3t said:
Oh whatever, sorry I didn't kiss the ring of "The Almighty Veritas"!!

On to this weeks action..

-War Eagle

I think you meant kiss the 3 rings in 4 years of Veritas.....thats not the point though.

Dad's being sore losers and calling out other coaches and programs is my issue, especially in this case where you are the one claiming a lack of class. Too much irony to ignore.

First of all I never referenced anything about lack of class, hmm a guilty conscience perhaps?

I am simply a guy who is not afraid to call it the way I see it and at almost 50 I don't care if you like it or not as I saw what I saw and I heard what I heard.

-But at the end of the day I am done with this thread.

Best of luck to all going forward!!

-War Eagle

I challenge y'all to name ANY TAPPS sixman team that has "inherited" 6 athletes like Baytown has.

Name ANY TAPPS sixman school where said athletes transfer back and forth to the local public 6A school- and were even listed on 6A school football roster.

The rise of Baytown/Goose Creek Christian School is directly related to those transfers.

Y'all a great a deflecting the point (see above). Maybe my points are getting a little close to home, eh?

I hope those involved with creating this "select" team are happy in the end.

pup":35dur1es said:
I challenge y'all to name ANY TAPPS sixman team that has "inherited" 6 athletes like Baytown has.

Name ANY TAPPS sixman school where said athletes transfer back and forth to the local public 6A school- and were even listed on 6A school football roster.

The rise of Baytown/Goose Creek Christian School is directly related to those transfers.

Y'all a great a deflecting the point (see above). Maybe my points are getting a little close to home, eh?

Same crap, different day with this guy.

1)GCM is a 5A school. 6A would be Baytown STERLING. The fact you are consistently getting that easy fact wrong is enough evidence to nullify ANY credibility you have.

2)While I respect GCM, they are far from a "powerhouse". 2-8; 1-8; 0-10; 4-6; 4-6....those are the previous 5 season records. *facepalm*

3) Glad you know enough about the families to sprout the crap you sprout.

4)Seriously, which team is that BCA beat has your whitey-tighties in a bunch????

pup":sorjw6tk said:

Well I will just say that while I am a big fan of what is being built at SCA, if I lived out in Baytown I would absolutely send my son to that school. Small school, Strong academics, good football program with passionate families that want to win a championship. Heck yeah all day long!!

Except that Bay is dirty and trashy lol.

Come on Dirty Bay you couldn't expect me to be all complimentary now lol.

Back