Water Valley vs. Robert Lee

WV Backer

Six-man pro
Well it all comes down to this for these two squads. Winner goes to the playoffs and the loser gets started on the hardwood. Robert Lee is 5-4 having beaten the collective juggernaut of Paint Rock, Rising Star, Highland, Eden and Veribest. The WV is 4-5 and can claim victories over Highland, Grady, May and Veribest. Neither team has exactly set the gridiron on fire have they? Both teams fell victim to Sterling City by identical scores (60-38) so that's not a very good indicator of who might have the upper hand but the game is played in Robert Lee which may give the Steers the edge. The winner will likely get Garden City in the first round which is not going to be an enviable task. The Bearkats have already beaten Robert Lee by 30 this year and beat Sterling City by one (38-37). Still, I'd rather take my chances against Garden City in the playoffs than run lines on the basketball court any day.

So what's it going to be Wildcat fans? Anyone making the trip over the divide to Steer country Friday night? Can the WV continue their playoff streak of five straight appearances? Will Austin Fowler run roughshod over the Wildcat defense or will Asher Rogers, Seth Demere, Janzen Powers, Jeremy Jackson et al. be enough to grind out the win? Anyone taking bets on a Chivo Loco sighting in the near future? Is anyone left on the bandwagon or has the road been so bumpy that they've all fallen off? Perhaps it's not a bandwagon we need but... a Thunderwagon! Whatever happened to the RabidWildcat?

It's all good Backer! no haten on this end. This was a good win for us to go into the powerhouse farmers for sure! Good Job STEERS!!

Nothing but good vibes for you and the Steers, chivo loco. They played a great game Friday night and earned their trip to the playoffs. Both of the Fowlers played very well and their defense stopped the WV on the 3-yard line twice. They'll need that defense to come up big again if they're going to stop Garden City. On the plus side, you've got them at home so... maybe.

WV Backer":2saolcr5 said:
Nothing but good vibes for you and the Steers, chivo loco. They played a great game Friday night and earned their trip to the playoffs. Both of the Fowlers played very well and their defense stopped the WV on the 3-yard line twice. They'll need that defense to come up big again if they're going to stop Garden City. On the plus side, you've got them at home so... maybe.

When I saw they were going to play at Westbrook at first, I thought that was a poor choice. Out of the way for both schools. Sterling City or Water Valley would have been better places.

You know what's funny? WV was in a game to determine their playoff lives and the only people to comment on this thread are a Robert Lee fan and a Garden City fan. When the WV was going undefeated in the regular season for four straight years you couldn't get people to shut up. Now? Nothing but crickets.

WV Backer":3oy0cshg said:
You know what's funny? WV was in a game to determine their playoff lives and the only people to comment on this thread are a Robert Lee fan and a Garden City fan. When the WV was going undefeated in the regular season for four straight years you couldn't get people to shut up. Now? Nothing but crickets.

Maybe I ought to start up the "Angelo Refugees" schtick again.......

That should tell you something about those folks. They came up with the "dynasty" crap and they are the first ones to bail out when things get a little rough. There are still die-hard WV fans out there (Fan in Black, SimplyPut, fortyfived, and a couple more) but they are harder and harder to come by.

Thank ya backer...I'm still around for sure. Hate to say it but I didn't see a WV game or any 6man game all year. I did and do miss it however. Don't live it the overtaken State of Texas anymore and the driving isn't practical. I have been on the boards all year following the action as best I can. So much easier to stay out of the conversations I have discovered. But I'm talking today! GET EM NEXT YEAR WV!

I have to say I disagree with the West will wrap up D1 and East is a lock for D2.

Going to Go with BC in D1
Going with Balmorhea in D2

That Coach!

Week 0
Throckmorton 74
Garden City 46

Week 13 QF
Garden City 84
Throckmorton 80

GC went on to win the title and went 15-0 the next year to repeat.
History has a good chance of repeating itself with the Bears!

And to think Jones could have been leading the Wildcat Nation if only the powers that be could also see!

SimplyPut":14iwd1b3 said:
Thank ya backer...I'm still around for sure. Hate to say it but I didn't see a WV game or any 6man game all year. I did and do miss it however. Don't live it the overtaken State of Texas anymore and the driving isn't practical.

Where are you living now?

Back