Water Valley should be ranked #1

Texlonghorn75

Six-man expert
According to the last weekend's scores, Westbrook beat Sterling City. Since Water Valley has beaten Westbrook this year and May has only beaten Sterling City (highest ranking opponent) this year therefor Water Valley should be ranked #1 by a slim margin. The collective ranking of the other teams already played by each team seem similar. I know the Toy seems to have a mind of its own. The playoffs are around the corner and it will be very interesting to see how deep Westbrook advances. Might be the first four loss State Champion??

Water Valley's best win was against a (very slightly) higher rated team but, to give the toy some credit, May's strength of schedule is still slightly higher.

Water Valley has played two top 10 teams. May has played one. This should all be settled week 3 of the playoffs. Can't wait.
Borden County. Sterling City and Knox City all top ten at beginning of the year throw in Blum top 15. May has played quality teams.
Water Valley has played two top 10 teams. May has played one. This should all be settled week 3 of the playoffs. Can't wait.

Even still, May's average opponent rating is around 11 points higher than Water Valley's average opponent rating.

I hope I'm not coming off as argumentative. I'm just trying to show that there is a little method to the madness that is the "toy".

Yea what he said. lol listen rankings are just that nothing more. Way way back May was ranked #1 by Dave Campbell’s TFM. Stayed ranked at that number one spot all the way to state. Problem was someone forgot to tell Jayton. Hopefully the kids pay it no mind and just go play the games. I thinks rankings are more for us old folks to have some fun with. Having said that I will leave y’all with this MAY TIGERS NUMBER ONE BABY!!!

Hopefully the kids pay it no mind and just go play the games.

I really think, more than anything, kids are more likely to take offense to the rankings if they're not where they think they should be. I'd like to think that, assuming kids do look at these things, it gets them fired up to prove the system wrong. I've always been of the mindset that if a team looks at these rankings and then gets it in their minds that they're going to lose, they've already lost before they saw the rankings.

I think you are on to something there. Hopefully it works in their favor either way. Motivation some time comes from strangest of places. I’m sure coaches tell their kids to pay no attention to all the hype be it good or bad. On other hand when I use to referee games I did see lots of news articles posted in locker rooms so there’s that as well. lol.

WV should be # 1 ? How much money do you have? I'll act as lobbyist for 20%. People once accused Granger of favoritism in pulling the levers of the toy on behalf of Richland Springs because they fed him well a few times. I don't know if Mike will go for it but for now send funds to 51eleven POB 2003 Strawn, Tx.

WV should be # 1 ? How much money do you have? I'll act as lobbyist for 20%. People once accused Granger of favoritism in pulling the levers of the toy on behalf of Richland Springs because they fed him well a few times. I don't know if Mike will go for it but for now send funds to 51eleven POB 2003 Strawn, Tx.20%
20% x zero = Zero. Go hungry, it will do you some good. Lol

I think Water Valley has a valid argument to be ranked #1, but so does May... all in all it's who wins in the playoffs......PERIOD.
No one goes anywhere without wins but we will definitely see some teams trot into the playoffs 10-0 or 9-1 only to get utterly demolished by teams whose records aren't padded so to speak by playing a "powder puff" schedule..

Last edited:
I think Water Valley has a valid argument to be ranked #1, but so does May... all in all it's who wins in the playoffs......PERIOD.
No one goes anywhere without wins but we will definitely see some teams trot into the playoffs 10-0 or 9-1 only to get utterly demolished by teams whose records aren't padded so to speak by playing a "powder puff" schedule..
Westbrook is scary good they finally have their team healthy their going to be a road block for everyone they face I’m partial to my Red Devils they have one blemish from an a opponent they knew hardly anything about and filled in a game but was probably the best thing for them I see a rankin vs Westbrook game very soon winner reps the region and will probably end up at AT&T stadium

Westbrook is scary good they finally have their team healthy their going to be a road block for everyone they face I’m partial to my Red Devils they have one blemish from an a opponent they knew hardly anything about and filled in a game but was probably the best thing for them I see a rankin vs Westbrook game very soon winner reps the region and will probably end up at AT&T stadium
Not taking anything away from water valley their legit and should have the top ranking but that’s why they play the games good luck wildcats and Red Devils

Not taking anything away from water valley their legit and should have the top ranking but that’s why they play the games good luck wildcats and Red Devils

Back