VARSITY FINAL SCORES ONLY -- week 3 -- 2018

granger":ayazmh8y said:
FCSA football":ayazmh8y said:
Waco tribune has Temple Centex 48 to 6 over San Marcos BA

Not even sure what to make of this. Not on their scoreboard. I think that's supposed to be Central Texas Christian

It's crowded field. Temple Central Texas Christian has played crowded field football for several years. They beat San Marcos Baptist Academy.

l[/quote]The legend of HTC scores continues.... no clue what this all means.[/quote]

I wonder how many people get this reference! Also wonder how many coaches are still coaching that remember this.

Leman Saunders":1dzpiajm said:
The legend of HTC scores continues.... no clue what this all means.[/quote]

I wonder how many people get this reference! Also wonder how many coaches are still coaching that remember this.[/quote]

I remember it well...

Four years ago when we started our Varsity program, we scheduled a game with “HTC.” Later I got a “heads up call” about them.
I thanked the person and asked if he had heard of another team, he said “yes we are playing them this year”,
So I told him that in the past, when we played that team with our previous schools’ Jr. High, they were playing freshman and sophomores on their Jr. High team. He was surprised, they are a Christian school”, “so is HTC”, I said.
Both organizations are still around and we don’t play either one, which as an Independent we are free to do. If we were in a conference with either, we could be FORCED to play them or forfeit. We would forfeit. To expose your kids to known threats to their health and safety is just plain wrong. It could also cost you your liability coverage and get you sued in the event of a serious injury that occurred during a game with them. Teams and organizations from the private sector do not enjoy the same type of immunity that our public school brethren do.

WayneAlldredge":2nzjvb9e said:
Leman Saunders":2nzjvb9e said:
The legend of HTC scores continues.... no clue what this all means.

I wonder how many people get this reference! Also wonder how many coaches are still coaching that remember this.[/quote]

I remember it well...[/quote]

And I remember getting the call from the father who, upon seeing the score here on sixmanfootball.com, thought it was interesting since over half the team was playing video games at his house that night. I don't know if the principals (ie, coaches, administrators) involved in that situation are still there. But like a couple folks here have said, I'd rather not schedule them if it were my call.

freeagent":2vxc7vzf said:
WayneAlldredge":2vxc7vzf said:
Leman Saunders":2vxc7vzf said:
The legend of HTC scores continues.... no clue what this all means.

I wonder how many people get this reference! Also wonder how many coaches are still coaching that remember this.

I remember it well...[/quote]

And I remember getting the call from the father who, upon seeing the score here on sixmanfootball.com, thought it was interesting since over half the team was playing video games at his house that night. I don't know if the principals (ie, coaches, administrators) involved in that situation are still there. But like a couple folks here have said, I'd rather not schedule them if it were my call.[/quote]

HTC is bad for 6man.... I believe the word was that they used college players against us in the star semi finals in 2009... we still won 60-14 but my god how are they even allowed to continue playing after all of that???

Be aware that they are not beyond threatening to sue you. When I canceled the game we had scheduled for September 24, 2015 they asked me “why” I told them I had researched their history and found they had used ineligible players before and furthermore I had discovered the allegations made by parents of players against the “Team Owner”. They threatened to sue me for repeating what was already in print! Very foolish! Actually I think they hired someone later that tried to overcome the bad press but I don’t think he lasted long, because the team owner was still in charge of the turmoil. I later heard that one of the ineligible players became the head coach at HTC.

granger":1ide3dwr said:
Heard Lohn played Oflen, in a game that was 44-0 before Oflen stopped.

I thought Oflen was only a junior high?

Back