Azle Christian,Houston Emery-Weiner
SA FEAST Homeschool,Huntsville Alpha Omega

granger":1mcc5u1h said:
sixmanfan2007":1mcc5u1h said:
Leverett's Chapel,Canton EXEL (or willowbend?) Maxpreps has it as willowbend
http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/home ... eason=Fall

Leveretts Chapel HS Lions 80 Non-UIL Opponent 31

https://www.fridaynightrivals.com/scores.aspx

I know that's what it says, but I've also been told Willow Park by coaches. It's the team that formerly known as Canton EXEL... I prefer non-UIL opponent. Maybe I will use that

Some insight on the EXEL to Willowbend transition: Exel's Athletic director/Coach and his wife were tragically killed in a car accident during last season. Coach Thigpen stepped up and finished out the season for Exel. A few of the players for Exel attended Willowbend Treatment Center, (a home for kids that have been displaced from their families by CPS) played on the team. The treatment center saw such an improvement in the behavior of the kids that participated with EXEL, that they fully funded the equipment etc needed to continue the football program through Willowbend. Coach Thigpen continues as the coach. If it goes as expected, there will likely be other centers around the state that are associated with Willowbend that will start programs in the future. This is truly 6 man football providing a ministry.

Thanks Wayne

I knew parts of the story, but could not figure out where Willowbend was or Willow Park as some were telling me. I am changing all Canton EXEL to Tyler Willow Bend. The treatment center is officially two words, so going to stick with that.

Back