Valley Patriots or Throckmorton Greyhounds?

t-rock wins by 24 but could be more,,, the coach will not be forced to try and get it over quickly due to having a deep team.

Graduated from Throckmorton in 1964 and sure wish I were able to see this game. Though I never played 6-man ball, I sure do enjoy all the excitement you folks have for the game and the teams. I could not possibly pick either team with any amount of reason, but my emotions say Throckmorton. Could be a bit biased, I suppose. Any chance the game might be on the Internet for so we wayward Texans can listen?

Ive got throck by 30, but i think their coach will throw in the second and third team at the end. So I think it will end up being throck by 24. I think Throck just has to many kids that can hurt a defense smaller than them.

LongWayHome":1yardoxa said:
Thanks, HornFan. I'll try to listen this evening. Now to remember to interpolate the time difference!

Walkertown, NC? Hey, as Texas distances go, I'm not that far away from you right now. I'm in Athens, TN working at a nuke plant for the next 5 months or so.

That's correct, you and I are close in west Texas terms. *grin* But, at least you'll get to return to Texas. I keep hoping to move back but it's not looking too promising, at the moment. However, being born in Odessa and graduating from HS in Throckmorton, I really do like the trees here!

Looks like the question of this thread is now settled. Way to go Hounds. Valley should be commended on a very good season and the players must be quite disappointed. However, Bob Wills still came from Turkey and not Throckmorton.

Never could get the Internet coverage to work for me, but this board helped relieve the tension as the game progressed.

It's likely I know him or of him, anyway. Being old as I am, he has probably never heard of me. I went to school with his dad or granddad, probably. There was a fellow named Hibbitts a year older than me when I was in HS in Throckmorton.

You are likely correct. Think I remember some Hibbitts twins though they were considerably younger than me. Can only recall one of the twins given name, but they were neat kids. Think I was a Den Chief for them when they were Cub Scouts, IIRC. Long time ago.

I remembered Tom's name, and thought I recalled the twins name, but hated to embarrass myself if I was not right. They might remember me as the last male drum major the THS band ever had. Only had two in its history as far as I know and I was the last.

Back