UIL Football Calendar 2024

What do UIL starting dates look like next year for football?
https://www.uiltexas.org/football there are possible dates posted here on the UIL website. I’m not sure when they finalize dates for next year.

Edit- those dates appear to be for this year but still show as “tenative” and “possible” which had me confused. I would think this years dates are already set 🤷🏻

Last edited:
First Monday in Aug. This year was the first July start I remember. Just to keep from starting on Aug 7th I assume. Snapshot day is Friday, October 27th.

Speaking of snapshot day...

Anyone looking like their numbers will go over and bump to 2A?

Any rumored drop downs?

Sterling City or Water Valley potentially drop back down?

Speaking of snapshot day...

Anyone looking like their numbers will go over and bump to 2A?

Any rumored drop downs?

Sterling City or Water Valley potentially drop back down?
Well going by DCTF, Blum and Aquilla are the two biggest schools at 101, interesting to see if they hold or go up, or go down.
There are 14 2A division 2 schools that are at the 1A cutoff or under it, and 2 near near it.
And there’s Booker, Ranger, Priddy, Fort Hancock, Fruitvale, and Runge currently playing a outlaw schedule

Why do traditional six man schools (Not Runge) opt to play outlaw?
Priddy is a new program in its second year of existence, Booker was 2A but decided to switch this year, both are learning the game before joining a district.
Ranger and Fruitvale both have 2A numbers but like playing 6-man so they are waiting to see if their numbers will go down to join a district, in the case of Fruitvale, there numbers always fluctuate.
Fort Hancock has 2A numbers but plays 6-man to keep their football program going. They were a 6-man powerhouse for a long time but were unable to have any real success with 11-man, so much so that there isn’t a lot of interest for football there.

I might be wrong but didn’t Blum construct a new football stadium.? Or field and have it made 11 man size.? Might have been several years back. Or are they using their old 11man field and redid the turf for 11 man. Could have sworn I saw a video of their home field and it was 100yards. Maybe planning on a jump.

Back