Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

BlueLonghorn":17tbrp76 said:
It is sad that instead of building a solid program, folks have to get on here and bash a coach and his kids, just because they wish they had what Richland Springs has. I do not personally know Coach Burkhart, but I do know that despite all the bad things posted on here, he does know how to get his team to win. Nine state titles says it all. He must be doing something right because even if you cheat( and I am not saying he does anything that a lot of other coaches I know do) you still have to get it done on the field, and he does a pretty good job of it. Despite all the so called issues this year, all the team did is win another state title - and Coach Burkhart returned and got it done. Kids move in and out of small towns all the time. There are a lot of teams that have benefited from some very athletic move-ins. Communities that have long term coaches seem to do better than those that fire and re-hire ever year. Kids learn a program over time, not in one year. My point is everyone on here wishes they could have the kind of success the small town of Richland Springs has had, but not a lot are willing to put in the work to get there. My hat is off to Richland Springs and their kids because despite what folks dump on them they just keep finding a way to win. I really like the positive side of this site, but lately the negative - jealous - hateful side of folks are showing up far to often. This post, for instance, is a supposed issue involving nd UIL violations. It did not come from the UIL. It came from somebody who is mad at Richland for winning another title. IF and that is an IF Valley approved their kids to get rid of a parent then shame on them - not Richland for accepting the kids. Are the not supposed to be allowed to go where they please? IF the transferring school approves it who is in the wrong??? Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but when you try to make them facts without the stats to prove them then you are harming the other people involved and that can get you in trouble. This is why you cannot holler fire in a crowded theater. If you do and someone gets hurt you are liable. I wish the Richland program continued success and I do hope people beat them once in awhile, but if they do they will have to be good because the Richland program is that good. I am a retired veteran, and I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe that that freedoms comes with the responsibility to use if right. Hats of to Richland. If you can beat them do it. If not figure out how they do it and do it better

Well said, and thank you for your service!

Blue Longhorn, you knocked the ball out of the park! Well thought out, straightforward presentation, point well made and precisely what needed to be said.
It was a pleasure to read!
Thanks!

BlueLonghorn":5xu3y2uf said:
It is sad that instead of building a solid program, folks have to get on here and bash a coach and his kids, just because they wish they had what Richland Springs has. I do not personally know Coach Burkhart, but I do know that despite all the bad things posted on here, he does know how to get his team to win. Nine state titles says it all. He must be doing something right because even if you cheat( and I am not saying he does anything that a lot of other coaches I know do) you still have to get it done on the field, and he does a pretty good job of it. Despite all the so called issues this year, all the team did is win another state title - and Coach Burkhart returned and got it done. Kids move in and out of small towns all the time. There are a lot of teams that have benefited from some very athletic move-ins. Communities that have long term coaches seem to do better than those that fire and re-hire ever year. Kids learn a program over time, not in one year. My point is everyone on here wishes they could have the kind of success the small town of Richland Springs has had, but not a lot are willing to put in the work to get there. My hat is off to Richland Springs and their kids because despite what folks dump on them they just keep finding a way to win. I really like the positive side of this site, but lately the negative - jealous - hateful side of folks are showing up far to often. This post, for instance, is a supposed issue involving nd UIL violations. It did not come from the UIL. It came from somebody who is mad at Richland for winning another title. IF and that is an IF Valley approved their kids to get rid of a parent then shame on them - not Richland for accepting the kids. Are the not supposed to be allowed to go where they please? IF the transferring school approves it who is in the wrong??? Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but when you try to make them facts without the stats to prove them then you are harming the other people involved and that can get you in trouble. This is why you cannot holler fire in a crowded theater. If you do and someone gets hurt you are liable. I wish the Richland program continued success and I do hope people beat them once in awhile, but if they do they will have to be good because the Richland program is that good. I am a retired veteran, and I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe that that freedoms comes with the responsibility to use if right. Hats of to Richland. If you can beat them do it. If not figure out how they do it and do it better
BlueLonghorn, We are looking for competitive equity in this situation. Your last sentence about figuring out how RS did it is not a mystery. Other schools are in the education business while RS is always beating the bushes to bring in new coaches with players and has done so over several years hence their gaudy record. Small schools have a difficult time maintaining enough football players to field a team much less build a powerhouse. Richland Springs argument is that is legal but it is recruiting and its penalizes all the schools that don't go out and do the same thing. It's not a level playing field. I was in the Rocking J Café in Comanche, Texas around Thanksgiving and heard one of the Richland Springs faithful bragging about JB and RS legal recruiting. Legal recruiting were his words not mine. Stop the crap about jealousy. RS continued success is similar to what was OU football's formula to success in the past, amazing urge to beat the system. Maybe the UIL will not act but they certainly need to look at RS way of doing things. They need to limit how many ringers can be brought into any program over a given period of time especially six man. I don't see anyone else concerned about how all the other schools and their players are missing out and getting beat in playoffs because of how RS loads up on players however they can. Yes I have an opinion and you being a veteran doesn't make your opinion any more important. Hats off to free speech!

Texlonghorn75":1jjzjc2l said:
BlueLonghorn":1jjzjc2l said:
Maybe the UIL will not act but they certainly need to look at RS way of doing things. They need to limit how many ringers can be brought into any program over a given period of time especially six man.

I'm scared to ask this, but how exactly would the UIL limit state titles!?

I’ll probably reget this but here goes: I coached football AND baseball in the Cy Fair Sports Association in the ‘80’s and 90’s. In one of the age groups I coached there was a run rule, when a team scored a certain number of runs in an inning, the inning ended and a new inning began. In this particular situation we were ahead by one run, our opponent had the bases loaded and their best hitter at the plate. BUT THEY ONLY NEEDED TWO RUNS to win the game. It was 7:53pm. A new inning could Not start after 8:00 pm. I had the top of my order coming up and knew we could win IF I could get them up to bat.
I called time out and asked the plate umpire what time he had? “ 7:55”, he said. New inning can’t start after 8:00 right? “Right”. I turned to my catcher and said “Grant on the next pitch throw the ball over the second basemen into center field! “ WHAT” he yelled, “Grant, I don’t have time to argue, throw the ball into center field. Grant was MAD and he threw the ball all the way to the wall, almost dinged our center fielder. The base coaches started screaming for All the base runners to go home. About the time the third base coach realized what was happening, the kid that had been on first was rounding third. No way to stop him. “What time is it ump” 7:58. New inning started. We won, and won the Championship. For the next week the opinions varied from praise to being kicked out as a coach.
On the night of the big meeting it looked like a riot was going to take place. I was called every name in the book, even some I’ve not yet seen here. It finally came time for me to answer. I held up the Rule Book. “This is YOUR rule book, not mine but you gave it to me and said “these are the rules we play by.” I read this rule book, we played by the rules and won. The other coach must have not read your rule book, he lost.
My kids come out to practice and work and play hard. They deserve to win when they earn it. They earned it. Their parents come to practices and games to support and cheer for their kids. As a coach it’s my job to teach them how to play the game and play by the rules. They did and they won, your complaint isn’t with me, but the other teams coach. They didn’t play by the rules. They lost.
So on this particular thread people might want to start Actually Reading the Rules, then quoting Chapter and Verse to establish their case with Facts. Opinions, no matter how strong they are, gossip, no matter how good it sounds, is nothing but mindless chatter from the nattering nabobs of negativity clattering away in Keyboardlandia. .
That’s what I have to say about that...........

TebowTime15":9wfye46k said:
Texlonghorn75":9wfye46k said:
BlueLonghorn":9wfye46k said:
Maybe the UIL will not act but they certainly need to look at RS way of doing things. They need to limit how many ringers can be brought into any program over a given period of time especially six man.

I'm scared to ask this, but how exactly would the UIL limit state titles!?
Cmon Tebow, thought you were smarter than this... He didnt mean state titles, he meant great players being brought into RS from recruiting. Which is accurate.

I just read what he said...sorry I cannot psychological know other people's feelings and emotions like you can. Honestly, I appreciate you putting up with dumb ole me!

How would you "limit good players?!" Are the UIL bueracrats going to go out to practice with stop watches and be like "you are too good, come back next year after X graduates."

You know, I came across a quote by the superintendent of Stanton, when I was arguing with that Stanton person, during which he said something about JB being strong in strength and conditioning. While I have no idea if he is or not, his teams sure block and tackle well.

In fact, I watched Richland play Medina this year and saw the very end of the JV game. #17 for RS looked like he should be in elementary school due to his size. My dad saw him the play before and told me to watch him. Medina runs fakes a run out of tight and then tries to role the QB out. #17 read it perfectly and tackles the QB for a 5 yard loss.

I've seen lots of Richland Springs games over the years, and #17 is not an anomaly. Maybe they recruit, maybe they don't, but #17 and all the players like him over the years proves that Jerry builds talent.

Like I said, Jerry would be coaching at Novice, who no longer has a school, if the UIL had it's way.

TebowTime15":23gvfbar said:
I just read what he said...sorry I cannot psychological know other people's feelings and emotions like you can. Honestly, I appreciate you putting up with dumb ole me!

How would you "limit good players?!" Are the UIL bueracrats going to go out to practice with stop watches and be like "you are too good, come back next year after X graduates."

You know, I came across a quote by the superintendent of Stanton, when I was arguing with that Stanton person, during which he said something about JB being strong in strength and conditioning. While I have no idea if he is or not, his teams sure block and tackle well.

In fact, I watched Richland play Medina this year and saw the very end of the JV game. #17 for RS looked like he should be in elementary school due to his size. My dad saw him the play before and told me to watch him. Medina runs fakes a run out of tight and then tries to role the QB out. #17 read it perfectly and tackles the QB for a 5 yard loss.

I've seen lots of Richland Springs games over the years, and #17 is not an anomaly. Maybe they recruit, maybe they don't, but #17 and all the players like him over the years proves that Jerry builds talent.

Like I said, Jerry would be coaching at Novice, who no longer has a school, if the UIL had it's way.

Ok, here's a hypothetical for ya Tebow....What happens when the Rigdons leave (2× all state starters), the TA who's gettin paid around $45k with the 2 senior boys from Valley ( I know one made all-state). So theres atleast one more starter gone, possibly 2 depending on what the other Valley boy played. The other senior boy that made all-state will be gone. That's 5 starters gone leaving only JB and his boy at RS. What do you think the odds are that JB brings in another coach or 2, maybe a teacher with boys known to be ringers (good/great players)? I think you know the answer...

LBK6manFan":32cejq02 said:
TebowTime15":32cejq02 said:

Ok, here's a hypothetical for ya Tebow....What happens when the Rigdons leave (2× all state starters), the TA who's gettin paid around $45k with the 2 senior boys from Valley ( I know one made all-state). So theres atleast one more starter gone, possibly 2 depending on what the other Valley boy played. The other senior boy that made all-state will be gone. That's 5 starters gone leaving only JB and his boy at RS. What do you think the odds are that JB brings in another coach or 2, maybe a teacher with boys known to be ringers (good/great players)? I think you know the answer...
He won’t have to hire anyone or get anymore athletes if that’s what your saying . His son is good enough to get another state championship in d2 . Yeah it will hurt loosing those 2 but his boy is a stud and can carry the load

LBK6manFan":qajbjzwi said:
TebowTime15":qajbjzwi said:

2 seniors that are not rigdons or valley boys that started I count 6-7 top 8 players gone

Well I heard y’all say all year long that rs is 12 deep . So with those 8 gone you still have 4 studs . 4 studs is enough to win one in six man . Rigdon’s will hurt more loosing then the valley kids

LBK6manFan":23j5127g said:
TebowTime15":23j5127g said:

Here a fun trivia question for you: when is the last time Richland Springs lost a district football game? I was in junior high or maybe even elementary school. Now that I think about it, Burkhart has never lost a district game.

They might not win state without those players, but Richland has a good tradition of excellence even before Burkhart. I think you could make a good argument they wouldn't have beaten the D1 championship since they dropped to D2 between 2008 to 2010; this year, I think Blum and RS would be a really close game if they played this year.

While I don't think there is nothing wrong with you pointing out how many coaches kids RS has, your personal attacks are over the top and you lost credibility by relying on hearsay.

Tebow you are very judgmental of others as well just like the rest of us. What makes your opinion mean more than anyone else’s?

MA1984":3pb7daqo said:
Tebow you are very judgmental of others as well just like the rest of us. What makes your opinion mean more than anyone else’s?

This is a leading question because I would accept several premises that I disagree with if I answered it.

TebowTime15":3th8tev5 said:
MA1984":3th8tev5 said:

This is a leading question because I would accept several premises that I disagree with if I answered it.

Seems simple to me “My opinion means more than everyone else’s because ________”. You can not be wrong it is your answer. I’m just saying you are as judgmental as everyone else on here including myself.

MA1984 is correct in stating that we are all judgmental......................

This lengthy article is copied from Psychology Today
“There is a problematic psychological disposition that is aptly called "being judgmental." It is getting a kick out of making negative moral assessments of other people. It's enhancing your own sense of moral worth by comparisons with the (supposed) lesser moral status of others.  It's finding satisfaction in seeing others fail because it shows you are better than they are. People who tend to feel morally inferior feel relief when they see others fail; by comparison that they are not so bad after all.  People who lack appreciation of their own potential for moral failure enjoy having their false sense of moral superiority reinforced.  Those who are judgmental are invested in one-up-manship

What are the signs of being judgmental? Here are five:
* Making a lot of negative moral evaluations of others.
* Having a moral rating system that is skewed in your own favor.
* Jumping to negative moral conclusions about others; being inclined to believe the worst. 
* Moving very quickly from judgments of the form, "This action is morally wrong," to ones of the form, "This person is morally corrupt." 
* Acting as if you can know that what so-and-so did was wrong even though you know much less about the context of so-and-so's action than so-and-so. 

Being judgmental distorts our perception of other people, of ourselves and of what matters most in living a well-lived human life. It feeds on and engenders a lack of sympathetic understanding of others. It is often linked with other related character flaws: hypocrisy, self-righteousness, malice, insensitivity, and the enjoyment of destructive gossip. 

We should all try to avoid being judgmental. However, when people say, "You are so judgmental," they need to think hard about whether they are exhibiting this defect themselves. Thinking that everyone who has a different moral view than we have must be judgmental is jumping to a negative moral conclusion about them. This may be especially tempting in cases where the other person's views on a subject are more conservative than our own. 

Someone who makes a negative moral judgment—even a mistaken one—is not necessarily being judgmental. The judgmental person is one who enjoys making harsh judgments of others out of a sense of moral one-upmanship.

We should avoid jumping to the conclusion that someone who makes moral judgments with which we disagree is judgmental.”

MA1984":o9gcgoim said:
TebowTime15":o9gcgoim said:
MA1984":o9gcgoim said:

Seems simple to me “My opinion means more than everyone else’s because ________”. You can not be wrong it is your answer. I’m just saying you are as judgmental as everyone else on here including myself.

We can agree to disagree because I don't think my opinion is better than everyone else's.

Back