Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

6manonly":7sebr3er said:
Hey tebow ask your dad how come the good people in Rankin more or less gave you a piece of property for granny and now daddy burke is selling it for 20 times that amount. That's how you teach character and morals..

Did you not hear the sarcasm permeating from my answer? Jerry Burkhart is not my father.

Listen, I am merging these topics together. They both seem to represent the same venom and hatred for Richland Springs and beat the same dead horses.

I could care less if you love or hate Richland Springs or Jerry or any of his coaches and players. I get that there are a lot of people who hate them. This has been the same thing for Fort Hancock, Panther Creek and Gordon.... they were all good and cocky.

If you have anything substantive against them that is an actual violation, I am sure the DEC would love to know. Go through the proper channels. But don't just post your uninformed accusations on here.

crawford":2wwib0we said:
Any full time school employee can coach at any level. Period

I have known head football coaches who were janitors at their schools.

Shane Woods led Follett girls to state title in basketball in 2008. He led the maintenance dept.

Try harder trolls
This is true ! I remember when Mullins coach lost his certification and I believe became the janitor and was also the head fb coach . He was a wonderful coach!

Is Johnny South actually an RS Trustee?
Now that knocks over the Apple-cart!?

I’m not a Facebook friend of the Rigdon’s, so without reading all this
Please fill me in:
Is Coach Rigdon being payed his full salary to stay home while his kids attend RS?
Did a Burkhart son and ex-student suit up to practice with the RS team this year?
Were there actually board members watching these practices?
Were Burkhart and Rodgers at the practices?
Were the Rigdon boys reprimanded after the Calvert game for not celebrating vigorously enough?
Was M. Rigdon nominated by JB for player-of-the-year, or did the coaches on the committee do it anyway?
Did some RS trustees and parents ridicule the Rigdon’s and celebrate Chakka’s injury?
Did Coach Rigdon’s wife get banned from school activities including her kid’s graduation?

These accusations are so unlike the reputation of Richland. I am shocked.

BE":3g5kx9z9 said:

Please fill me in:
Is Coach Rigdon being payed his full salary to stay home while his kids attend RS?
Did a Burkhart son and ex-student suit up to practice with the RS team this year?
Were the Rigdon boys reprimanded after the Calvert game for not celebrating vigorously enough?
Was M. Rigdon nominated by JB for player-of-the-year, or did the coaches on the committee do it anyway?
Did some RS trustees and parents ridicule the Rigdon’s and celebrate Chakka’s injury?
Did Coach Rigdon’s wife get banned from school activities including her kid’s graduation?

I’ve asked similar questions because I’m also shocked to hear stuff like that. We all have our own guesses and opinions but there are only a few people who know the answers and they have kept it quite the entire time so maybe some of it is true but some of it might be blown out of proportion.

granger":19bx2sgq said:
Listen, I am merging these topics together. They both seem to represent the same venom and hatred for Richland Springs and beat the same dead horses.

I could care less if you love or hate Richland Springs or Jerry or any of his coaches and players. I get that there are a lot of people who hate them. This has been the same thing for Fort Hancock, Panther Creek and Gordon.... they were all good and cocky.

If you have anything substantive against them that is an actual violation, I am sure the DEC would love to know. Go through the proper channels. But don't just post your uninformed accusations on here.

1st- I was wrong about a full-time (40/hr week) employee being eligible to coach, I own up to that. Though, a TA at a small D2 1A school with 40-50 students making around $45k a year with 2 senior boys does seem suspicious, even more as a coach.Especially if she leaves after this year. I know math, science teachers/ Head coaches (multiple sports) who make maybe $40K a year or less, with college degrees.

2nd- I was threatened to "meet up" twice by RS people, one being an RS reverend. I don't hate JB, I dislike him and the way he does business (recruiting loopholes). Read or "bump" the Oakwood vs RS" thread and that's where it all started.

3rd- If yall don't know me personally, then you should before you judge me. I lost my father in 2017, before that he was incarcerated for crimes he did commit and was arrested when I was a senior in HS. Spent 8 years in prison. He was out on parole for 4 years until he passed away on 6-9-17. I just found out on Christmas, my Grandfather will need kidney dialysis from now on. Grandma just went blind, my other grandma is deaf, and my mother (thankfully) is cancer-free now. So I think emotions were a part of my rants. I am no way a perfect person, but I do believe I'm a good person and have good intentions.

P.S. No I am not a liberal, leftist, or anything that leans that way politically. I was born and raised Republican as I grew up in politics. Don't ever call me a lib. Making fun of of my last name is childish and lame. BTW, Roach means Rock in Old French... Norman aka (Norseman).
I call it as I see it and any of yall can like or hate me for it.

BE":2hig2ep6 said:
Is Johnny South actually an RS Trustee? Yes he is.

Please fill me in:
Is Coach Rigdon being payed his full salary to stay home while his kids attend RS? Yes
Did a Burkhart son and ex-student suit up to practice with the RS team this year? Yes, allegedly
Were there actually board members watching these practices? Maybe
Were Burkhart and Rodgers at the practices? Most likely
Were the Rigdon boys reprimanded after the Calvert game for not celebrating vigorously enough? Yes
*Not sure, but he earned it.
Did some RS trustees and parents ridicule the Rigdon’s and celebrate Chakka’s injury? Possibly, but I would assume no. If true, thats disgusting.
Not sure, I have no idea.

- I'm not... with JB as HFB/AD my opinion

Lbkfan, I just got in off the road and read all of your rants of the last few days. I really hate that your childhood problems caused you to go off the deep end like that. You can rest assured that I am not a RS school board member. I would like to be, maybe someday, in order to support all of the good works in progress around there, but doubt that I could ever garner enough votes to make it.
I would still recommend that you double check your sources before you take up a cause such as you have here, trying to ruin a good man's reputation. You say that you don't like him. That's not an excuse to do what you have done. It is not my place to set you straight, but I will tell you when you are acting stupid. So, if you are actually remorseful, I would think apologies are in order.

I hope this all goes away ! Last thing we need is someone in trouble for slander on a message board . Hope everyone gets satisfied . I don’t know who is right nor wrong . I just can’t wait for next season ! When is the all star game ?

Johnny South":3aj76sk3 said:
Lbkfan, I just got in off the road and read all of your rants of the last few days. I really hate that your childhood problems caused you to go off the deep end like that. You can rest assured that I am not a RS school board member. I would like to be, maybe someday, in order to support all of the good works in progress around there, but doubt that I could ever garner enough votes to make it.
I would still recommend that you double check your sources before you take up a cause such as you have here, trying to ruin a good man's reputation. You say that you don't like him. That's not an excuse to do what you have done. It is not my place to set you straight, but I will tell you when you are acting stupid. So, if you are actually remorseful, I would think apologies are in order.

Johnny I cant help but point out the obvious but if apologies are due I sure hope you have yours ready. You've called people DA'S nutballs and many more names. You e accused other schools of recruiting and even accused a coach throwing a game. So we will all be waiting??

BE":2pdaoni5 said:

Please fill me in:

I have heard via parents that we’re at the game the young man hurt his foot at that a man yelled at chaka his foot ain’t hurt get in the game, then first hand have had a few parents in the jr high ranks express that they wish Rigdon and his boys would just leav so the other kids could show their own talents and prove they don’t need him. That kid is the best Jr high player I have ever seen and still has another year of jr high, so I’d say 99.9 of all programs would say yeah we need him hell we want him but the hate is so strong for the rigdons there this is the kind of stuff that happens.

Definitely was punishment for not cheering enough after calver and seeming upset, then drug into apologize to the team

The rest of it I have heard from a few sources as well but was not there to confirm

6manonly":2aj1s3lr said:
Johnny South":2aj1s3lr said:

Johnny I cant help but point out the obvious but if apologies are due I sure hope you have yours ready. You've called people DA'S nutballs and many more names. You e accused other schools of recruiting and even accused a coach throwing a game. So we will all be waiting??

Can I have an apology at least? I haven't called anyone names.

Sorry to those offended by whatever I said. I did mean what I said. My purpose is not to offend anyone just to state my opinion. In the future I will try my hardest to keep in mind how my words can come off to others.

So if I were a computer teacher and needed to show an example of what it meant to be cyber-bullied, I would have my students look at this site and read these posts against JB and RSISD.

Klaactu":ewz5smgc said:
So if I were a computer teacher and needed to show an example of what it meant to be cyber-bullied, I would have my students look at this site and read these posts against JB and RSISD.

If you were a counselor or teacher of any kind and wanted to show your students what it looked like to be bullied you could show them how RS as a whole treated Coach Rigdon and his Family as well. Just thought it might be easier for them to connect to a case right in their own community instead of opinions and chatter from strangers on a message board! But that would have to come after the lesson of honesty, humility, and leadership if you want it to stick cause all are missing over there.

It is sad that instead of building a solid program, folks have to get on here and bash a coach and his kids, just because they wish they had what Richland Springs has. I do not personally know Coach Burkhart, but I do know that despite all the bad things posted on here, he does know how to get his team to win. Nine state titles says it all. He must be doing something right because even if you cheat( and I am not saying he does anything that a lot of other coaches I know do) you still have to get it done on the field, and he does a pretty good job of it. Despite all the so called issues this year, all the team did is win another state title - and Coach Burkhart returned and got it done. Kids move in and out of small towns all the time. There are a lot of teams that have benefited from some very athletic move-ins. Communities that have long term coaches seem to do better than those that fire and re-hire ever year. Kids learn a program over time, not in one year. My point is everyone on here wishes they could have the kind of success the small town of Richland Springs has had, but not a lot are willing to put in the work to get there. My hat is off to Richland Springs and their kids because despite what folks dump on them they just keep finding a way to win. I really like the positive side of this site, but lately the negative - jealous - hateful side of folks are showing up far to often. This post, for instance, is a supposed issue involving nd UIL violations. It did not come from the UIL. It came from somebody who is mad at Richland for winning another title. IF and that is an IF Valley approved their kids to get rid of a parent then shame on them - not Richland for accepting the kids. Are the not supposed to be allowed to go where they please? IF the transferring school approves it who is in the wrong??? Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but when you try to make them facts without the stats to prove them then you are harming the other people involved and that can get you in trouble. This is why you cannot holler fire in a crowded theater. If you do and someone gets hurt you are liable. I wish the Richland program continued success and I do hope people beat them once in awhile, but if they do they will have to be good because the Richland program is that good. I am a retired veteran, and I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe that that freedoms comes with the responsibility to use if right. Hats of to Richland. If you can beat them do it. If not figure out how they do it and do it better

Back