Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

I think this is going to fall more on having to forfeit varsity basketball games if I’m understanding correctly the coach is a girls basketball coach and again I could be way off. I don’t know if any rules have been broken. I have a weird question let’s say there is an investigation that happens for the football team how far back do you go to start? Do you go back to before Burkhart got there and the Hicks brothers moved there out of nowhere? Do you start when the kids from Sanderson moved there around 06? If teachers aids can only volunteer to coach jr high sports do we see if Ethridge helped with the varsity team when he was hired to work in the cafeteria? Do we start this year with all the rumors and stories we have heard?

Johnny South":mxbs6pin said:
You three are almost enough to make me lose faith in the human race. I've had to deal with a lot of DA's in my life but never seen anything like you. That has made me come to the conclusion that you are not three different people, but only one with different screen names. The odds are that there cannot be three different people in the entire state of Texas as stupid as you.
But I'm sure that you, being a grown man I assume, have been told that many times before.

Am I suppose to be one of those people who made you lose faith in the human race?

MA1984":uttleipq said:
I think this is going to fall more on having to forfeit varsity basketball games if I’m understanding correctly the coach is a girls basketball coach and again I could be way off. I don’t know if any rules have been broken. I have a weird question let’s say there is an investigation that happens for the football team how far back do you go to start? Do you go back to before Burkhart got there and the Hicks brothers moved there out of nowhere? Do you start when the kids from Sanderson moved there around 06? If teachers aids can only volunteer to coach jr high sports do we see if Ethridge helped with the varsity team when he was hired to work in the cafeteria? Do we start this year with all the rumors and stories we have heard?

Im sure there is a statute of limitations, so I see this year and last year specifically. However you are right, this is directed to the girls bball coach not having a degree and coaching varsity athletics. But.. the School board hired her (for her boys), and JB was definitely a part of it. I think you start when JB left for Gordon first and then when he left for Stanton. That proves his character. Cant believe they would want that man back personally if I were a resident of RS.
Where did the Hicks brothers come from before RS? I havent even thought of that.

MA1984":1o1iss7x said:
Johnny South":1o1iss7x said:
You three are almost enough to make me lose faith in the human race. I've had to deal with a lot of DA's in my life but never seen anything like you. That has made me come to the conclusion that you are not three different people, but only one with different screen names. The odds are that there cannot be three different people in the entire state of Texas as stupid as you.
But I'm sure that you, being a grown man I assume, have been told that many times before.

Am I suppose to be one of those people who made you lose faith in the human race?

*Apparently, hes a school board member in RS... Im not surprised.

No it’s a legitimate question for him. I don’t care if he is on the school board or not I have no idea who that is. I just think it’s harsh to say that to someone you’ve never met. In some people’s opinion I’m a pretty good member of society.

MA1984":24fak3po said:
No it’s a legitimate question for him. I don’t care if he is on the school board or not I have no idea who that is. I just think it’s harsh to say that to someone you’ve never met. In some people’s opinion I’m a pretty good member of society.

Exactly... you wont get an answer. Mr. South just got called out and now he wont respond. the RS situation is a crapshoot. They know they did things illegally but wont confess to it. seems like they're hiding something lol.
Regardless what anyone says or thinks of you, I believe you are a good person with good intentions. Its the RS puppets that will come after you.

*Just like Tebowtime, he is Jordan B.
Johnny South- school board member.

This is a confusing subject to be honest because I have called TEA and a few other groups because I’m trying to get into coaching. Now we all know if you ask more than one person you get more than one answer. I was told to be a coach at the varsity level that you had to a degree and have a teaching certification. While others say you can just work at the school and coach but you can’t take a full time salary again I have no idea who is right and if in this scenario if any rules where broken.

Any full time school employee can coach at any level. Period

I have known head football coaches who were janitors at their schools.

Shane Woods led Follett girls to state title in basketball in 2008. He led the maintenance dept.

Try harder trolls

LBK6manFan":1u0ikv8h said:
MA1984":1u0ikv8h said:

Exactly... you wont get an answer. Mr. South just got called out and now he wont respond. the RS situation is a crapshoot. They know they did things illegally but wont confess to it. seems like they're hiding something lol.
Regardless what anyone says or thinks of you, I believe you are a good person with good intentions. Its the RS puppets that will come after you.

*Just like Tebowtime, he is Jordan B.
Johnny South- school board member.

Really!? My daddy has 9 state rings!? Daddy Jerry, can I wear one?!

Can I be Haustin instead? I always thought he had the best name for a coaches son.

I’m not trying to be a troll I have stated I could be completely wrong I only know what I have been told in 2019 and like I said I’ve been told many different things

This is straight from UIL. So if she is full time there is no violation.

All high school coaches must be full-time employees of the school district. EXCEPTION: A retired
teacher/administrator who has 20 or more years of experience may serve as an assistant coach in all athletics and as
a head coach for golf, tennis, team tennis, cross country, track and field, and swimming. (This rule shall not affect the
status of a coach on a leave of absence attending college.) Also, student teachers, while they are assigned to a
participant school to fulfill their student teaching requirements, may volunteer to serve as an assistant coach in all
athletics. Schools shall not pay student teachers for assisting athletic coaches.

crawford":2kto1n9h said:
Any full time school employee can coach at any level. Period

I have known head football coaches who were janitors at their schools.

Shane Woods led Follett girls to state title in basketball in 2008. He led the maintenance dept.

Try harder trolls

From what my school administrator friends tell me, the only "problem" from a district standpoint is that if you hire an hourly paid full-time employee (ie, a janitor, teachers aide, etc.) to be a coach, you have to pay them an hourly rate to do the coaching job (you can't be both an hourly employee at one job in the district and a stipend/salary employee at another job in the district).

Once you really start figuring out the hours involved in coaching (practice, preparation, travel), etc., it gets pretty pricey to hire an hourly paid employee to coach. And once it crosses the 40 hour mark, you're talking time-and-a-half overtime.

But that's a district problem and not a UIL violation.

Hey tebow ask your dad how come the good people in Rankin more or less gave you a piece of property for granny and now daddy burke is selling it for 20 times that amount. That's how you teach character and morals..

You people are jealous senseless people. All you have to be is an employee of the school district to coach, Head or Assistant. Doesn’t matter title, janitor, bus driver, teachers aide, lunch employee whatever. Mike Bigham is just a Coach just like Jerry Burkardt and any other coach. Each and every coach has his or her own philosophy. Don’t like it then become a coach and create yours. W’s and L’s don’t define Coach. Grow up senseless fools. Who gives a rats a— who won a state championship or lost one. They don’t define champion in life. Still have to go to work every morning if your lucky. Ruining this website

Hey LBK. Are you sure you are not a House DemocRAT. Where is your evidence and proof? It is a shame you don't have the Washington compost , New Yuk Times, and CNN to report your imaginations. What started your vendetta fueled with your hateful and hurtful rumors? It sure smells like jealousely.

Kinda took off like a roach when the lights came on huh? Spewed all this hatred for not. What’s more surprising to me is your brother?? Coach Roach (good ring to it) egging him on not knowing the rules himself.

Back