Town East vs Lifegate

Rdavis

Six-man fan
This should be a good one. If your in the area come out and see the game. Its at Navarro HS at 7:30. Lifegate has won the last two times with Town East winning the first game between the two schools.

Town East played Lifegate on Friday night and it nearly took until Saturday morning to conclude the contest. I believe the game ended about 11:40 p.m.. The game didn't start until about 8:30 due to a junior high game that lasted about two and a half hours, but on to the game.
Town East jumped out early on Lifegate, opening up a 12-0 lead after one quarter. Then extending it to 20-0 early in the second quarter. Lifegate intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown to get on the scoreboard. They eventually got as close as 20-16 late in the second quarter and thats when the scoreboard started to light up. Town East would score twice in the last couple minutes of play while Lifegate would score once. Town East would lead at the half 33-23.
Town East started the third quarter with a couple of scoring drives and holding Lifegate to one touchdown, ending the third quarter with a 49-29 advantage. Town East opened up a 63-29 advantage early in the fourth and Lifegate showed alot of heart and never once stopped fighting. They were able to put it in the zone late in the quarter to make it 63-35 at the end.
On a side note, Lifegate has been playing injured all year and their record is not indicative of what kind of team they really have. They are tremendously coached and they do have alot of talent on that team. They just need to get healthy before the playoffs start. They will be in the playoffs, and they are capable of winning in the playoffs.
I am also proud of the play of my own players. Everytime Lifegate would score they would answer it. They were tired of losing to the Falcons. Its nice to get that monkey off my back too. I know we beat them three years ago, but that really didn't count because they were a first year program with a first year sixman coach. Good game guys.

Back