Top teams D1 and D2 2023

Tough Enough

Six-man fan
D1
Gordon (young and capable)
Jonesboro( great blockers and well coached)
May ( athletic)
Borden County ( well coached )
Knox City ( could be a dark horse)
Valley ( well coached)
Garden City ( always seem to be a contender)
Rankin ( same as above)
Westbrook ( still gonna be tough)
Blum ( will have to contend with Gordon)

D2
Motley County( well coached )
Benjamin ( Rigdon is enough)
Cherokee ( can they do it again)
Richland Springs ( always have something)
Bluffdale ( lost some studs but could surprise)
Loraine ( could be at AT&T again)
Whitharral ( could make another deep run)
Balmorhea ( well coached)
Newcastle ( could be tough)
Throckmorton ( physical )

All teams mentioned will definitely be in the mix, I’m partial to Westbrook just because I know what we return but one team I don’t see is happy and I know they lost 4 good ones but still return some studs.
Heard some rumblings that Westbrook hired a coach whose senior son was a 2A 2nd Team TSWA All-State Utility player last year.

I wouldnt be surprised at all.
Well here we go. Westbrook had 3 coaches either leave or stop coaching like in 2 of those instances one was the school nurse and one was a maintenance man. They both decided not to coach due to focusing on their main job. Westbrook put on this site as well as others that they were looking for a certified science teacher and coach to help with some assistant positions. 2 people put in for the job, one accepted a head basketball coaching job shortly after so they hired the one applicant that applied. That being said I believe the kid has played 11 man his whole life so will have to adjust to the game and not only that will have to compete against a load of talent coming back. So before all the rumors and crying start that’s the whole story.

Well here we go. Westbrook had 3 coaches either leave or stop coaching like in 2 of those instances one was the school nurse and one was a maintenance man. They both decided not to coach due to focusing on their main job. Westbrook put on this site as well as others that they were looking for a certified science teacher and coach to help with some assistant positions. 2 people put in for the job, one accepted a head basketball coaching job shortly after so they hired the one applicant that applied. That being said I believe the kid has played 11 man his whole life so will have to adjust to the game and not only that will have to compete against a load of talent coming back. So before all the rumors and crying start that’s the whole story.
I wasnt talking smack towards Westbrook or the kid coming to Westbrook. The context of a message can always be misconstrued. WB could 3peat and that would be the first time since Fort Hancock?

I wasnt talking smack towards Westbrook or the kid coming to Westbrook. The context of a message can always be misconstrued. WB could 3peat and that would be the first time since Fort Hancock?
They definitely have a chance to do it. They bring back 5 all state players and a ton of young kids that are hungry and have been grinding.

Oglesby looks like a team to watch out for after watching today in a 6 on 6 tourney Have a couple of new players that have size and speed.

Back