Top Coaches

Kramer

11-man fan
Curious who does every believe to be the Top coaches in West and East.

I'll start my short top 5 list AND IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

West
Richie - Borden County
Keith - Happy
Jones - Balmorhea
Goodwin - Ira
Jones - Garden City
Kittley - McLean

East
Burkhardt - RIchland Springs
Gallegos - Jonesboro
Steele - May
Crawford - Abbott
Hayes - Crowell
Mallory - Union Hill

Top coaches that I know of. (Not very knowledgeable of coaches in the six man world)
RS Burkhart
Jonesboro- Eddie
MT. Calm-Chad Satcher

Sleeper coach- Prarie Lea- Cory Schwartz
Cory brought buckholts from 1-8 to to I believe 8-3, now he has helped Prarie Lea to potentially breaking the LONGEST playoff drought in history. Yes I might be biased on this.

There are definitely many good ones doing good work out there on many fronts. Top coach though may need to have some specificity regarding criteria in order to establish more areas a coach could be considered "top" in.
I would say Jerry because of so many more reasons than just wins. He's the FCA huddle leader for one reason, which to me, carries more weight than mere wins.
If you just mean wins...well he's top. Period.

Keith from Happy is largely to credit for the success Happy has had the last couple years. He had a couple bad years at happy but he stuck with it and the school stood by him. Now, with the combination of great coaching and great athletes, Happy is reaping the benefits.

Gus you've hit upon a point there. The lists are about wins. The top Coaches this year, as any other, will be those who win state. Which is all well and good. That should be the goal of all of them. I feel sure everybody listed are both upstanding and outstanding members of their community. The couple I know just a little could be called gentlemen every time I've spoken to them but maybe not during a game occasionally.
But, I think there are a lot of "Top" coaches out there at small schools with a recurring small pool of athletes to work with and no program to develop it, money, or community support for such. Or help, I've read of Head Coaches washing uniforms and marking the field. Many suffer through repeated loosing seasons without hope of much improvement but still do their best to train and inspire their players. In some cases give them their only positive male role model if daddy's not around for whatever reason.
Men who know the game well and really care about their team but maybe don't win a lot of games every year.
They're Tops Too IMHO.

51eleven":1uv5twff said:
Gus you've hit upon a point there. The lists are about wins. The top Coaches this year, as any other, will be those who win state. Which is all well and good. That should be the goal of all of them. I feel sure everybody listed are both upstanding and outstanding members of their community. The couple I know just a little could be called gentlemen every time I've spoken to them but maybe not during a game occasionally.
But, I think there are a lot of "Top" coaches out there at small schools with a recurring small pool of athletes to work with and no program to develop it, money, or community support for such. Or help, I've read of Head Coaches washing uniforms and marking the field. Many suffer through repeated loosing seasons without hope of much improvement but still do their best to train and inspire their players. In some cases give them their only positive male role model if daddy's not around for whatever reason.
Men who know the game well and really care about their team but maybe don't win a lot of games every year.
They're Tops Too IMHO.

Great post. Wish I had a Like button.

coachsatcher":158bdll3 said:
51eleven":158bdll3 said:
They're Tops Too IMHO.

make that 2 'likes', awesome post

quentin70":1te9dwly said:
coachsatcher":1te9dwly said:
51eleven":1te9dwly said:
They're Tops Too IMHO.

make that 2 'likes', awesome post
Go ahead and make it 3 likes

Back