Time for a little Head Scratchin' ... Who am they gonna be ?

justobserving

11-man fan
Let's see if we can do a little prognosticating here ... Picking the eventual State Champion in each Division is a perennial endeavor on the boards. Would like to try something a little different that will yield a little different result.

Go into your crystal ball, your infinite knowledge of the sixman game and your gut feeling and see if we can come up with the 4 semi final game participants for 2012.

List them as:

• DI Semi Final Game 1 ..... ?????? vs ??????
    DI Semi Final Game 2 ..... ?????? vs ??????

• DII Semi Final Game 1 ..... ?????? vs ??????
    DII Semi Final Game 2 ..... ?????? vs ??????

Who are your picks ??? Think hard ... Let's try and keep this in Reality ....

Throckmorton is no longer in the east, so that can't be a semifinal game. I would have to look at the brackets in the west a little longer to even know for sure whom is in each region.

I don't claim to be a great prognosticator but I was looking at who might come out of Division 1 Region 2 and couldn't help but think that team would be the odds on favorite to hoist the trophy. With last year's champ Throckmorton, Rankin, Fort Davis, Garden City, Sterling City, Water Valley and probably the best team in the state, Ira, this region looks tough. Region 1 looks pretty formidable as well with Borden County, Valley, Meadow, and Nazareth but I don't think there is as much depth from top to bottom there. Just think about District 5 for example - Rankin, Fort Davis, Garden City, and Marfa. A couple of pretty good teams will be sitting out the playoffs. I don't know how good these recent additions from Marfa and Rotan will be but you've got to figure they'll be tough. I don't know how's going to win it all but I'm betting they'll come out of Region 2.

can anyone tell me why we dont let these young studs play 6 man football year round... this is the best that play on mostly all heart... with fans that dearly love them.... good luck to all
oh i havnt desided on my teams yet but had to give my 2cents

D1 East:
Abbott-A very young team last year who made it to the semi-finals and brings back a core of thier players. A team that may start the season slow but becuase of solid coaching no doubt will be there in the end and could give Coach Crawford his first trip to the big show.

versus

Gordon-The thanksgiving Quarterfinal game vs Zephyr will prove to be a fun one to get to this semifinal week. I picked Gordon due to the fact they have a coaching staff intact and been building and focusing on this season since these kids were younger. If Gordon can find a go to reciever and play solid Defense they will win. If Zephyr can stay healthy and throw the football with more effeciancy then they will win.

D1 West:
Valley- I hated to Pick against Borden Co but in 1999 Panther Creek had a group that didn't meet the expectations that were laid out before them and hence 2000 Coach Mitch Lee won his first title. Valley loss to some wasnt quite the dramtic loss as the 1999 loss but still holds that same bitterness that should be a driving factor for them. Its a toss up but BC and Valley offense both will be very tough and equal in their ability to score, but I think Valley D will be the diffrence this season becuase I think BC has to replace too much in key positions and LBs and MLB.

Throckmorton-Wanting something and having something worth fighting for is two very completely different things. Most state championships come in pairs. Look back at every year dating back to the 70's and you can see where that hold true. On years that it doesn't hold true a large senior class was the cause. With 5 of Throckmortons defensive players back that should't be the case in this situation. Their road has to go through a Highland/Rotan, then Water Valley, and then and Ira team. My reason for thinking they will beat WV is because of established prgram vs up and coming. if WV wins when they might not should have i could reconsider. Ira, when is the last time they played in a state semi-final ? Every year their name is mentioned but something hasn't pushed them over that hump. a young OL have their worked cut out for them with very little depth.

Lucky for those reading this, I dont make my living making predictions.

Back