Thoughts on Motley Co. and Garden City game

R U Ready

11-man fan
Wow!!!!! What a game...the 29 game winning streak is over!!!!! Outstanding game from start to finish. Both teams did a great job!

rainjacktx":3ftsxpow said:
I can tell you that there is very little possibility of GC losing to MC. Not to demean the Matadors in any way. They are one of the best D-2 teams in the state, but they are still D-2.

Tex90":3ftsxpow said:
Motley is very overated. I don't think Vance Jones will have any trouble gameplanning to beat Motley.

Tex90":3ftsxpow said:
As with MC vs GC like rainjax said MC is D2. They compete in that little cupcake corner of their bracket which in my opinion produce few teams that could even hold there own in D1 with the exception of Miami some years.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight... its the size of the fight in the dog.

Just goes to show you should never count out another team. As good as GC has been and is this year, On any given Friday night..............
Congrats to MC

I was wrong. MC showed up ready to fight. GC showed up looking for an easy win.
My apologies to Coach Bigham and the rest of Matador Nation.

And MC did this without no. 2 in the game. Bigham may well be getting a second ring.

Congrats to MC, they played a very good game. Our GC boys played a good game to almost coming back to win. I do not believe they lost because they under estimated MC. We had a lot of starters that played their first varsity game yesterday. MC will be or should be a major player in D2 this year. They had 10 seniors on the roster! I wonder how many sixman teams has that kind experience?

I thought this was the BEST game of the day in Hico. These two teams played with heart and determination. Very entertaining for the fans of Six Man and also for the people who were new to the game in attendence. The half time adjustments made by Coach Jones were very impressive. I wonder how it would have been different if Motley County's #1 running back would have played and not been hurt? Again this was a GREAT game and one for the ages. Good job to both teams and staff of each team.

This was definitely the best game of the day. How exciting to see GC come back and score 30 points in the 4th quarter to go ahead. MC didn't get down, though. Check out the video of the last play of the regular game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj48YclY3rg

I got out the ol' iPad to video the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders make their trip across the field at the end of the game. Well, MC had other plans. Lo' and behold, they came back and tied the game! Awesome!

The video isn't great being so far back, but you can hear the clock buzzer go off just as the runner is about to go into the end zone. How's that for timing?

That was one of the best games I have ever watched!!! Motleys #7 ha saved the Meadors more than once.! But over all I was one of the best!

power2004":3a4s2cxi said:
Bigham is still the most class-less coach in sixman
What an asinine statement. Oh I'm sorry, the definition of that term is below. Please read slowly.

as·i·nine   /ˈæsəˌnaɪn/ Show Spelled
[as-uh-nahyn] Show IPA

–adjective
1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid: It is surprising that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.
2. of or like an ass: asinine obstinacy; asinine features.

Johnny Cash":1t2q9ie2 said:
power2004":1t2q9ie2 said:
Bigham is still the most class-less coach in sixman
What an asinine statement. Oh I'm sorry, the definition of that term is below. Please read slowly.

as·i·nine   /ˈæsəˌnaɪn/ Show Spelled
[as-uh-nahyn] Show IPA

–adjective
1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid: It is surprising that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.
2. of or like an ass: asinine obstinacy; asinine features.

Come on now Johnny - tell us how you really feel - Don't "Walk the Line" here !!

WV Backer":1f2fsw60 said:
That was one of the most meaningless posts I've ever read.

You gotta be a little more specific than that, WV. You can't swing a dead cat on this site without hitting a meaningless post.

rainjacktx":1ph2xmxx said:
WV Backer":1ph2xmxx said:
That was one of the most meaningless posts I've ever read.

You gotta be a little more specific than that, WV. You can't swing a dead cat on this site without hitting a meaningless post.

Hey Mr. Rain - your kat wasn't swunged at no won en patikuler wuz it ??? LOL

Back