Thiz iz a big week

How is where the game will be played decided? I thought Evant would have been the perfect location for the game personally and it's already a sixman field. Not that it really matters in the end go Jonesboro!

I'm kind of surprised the game is in Early. That's kind of RS backyard. Longer drive for JB. Glen Rose would have made more sense.
When I first saw this I thought this is a game not to miss. Then I remembered BU-TCU is Friday night at 7:00, which I've been waiting all year for. I could probably track it on the wife's phone. But if it's going to be cold and raining she won't go for a game she doesn't care about. Will this one be streamed?

It seems to me that every time Jonesboro plays RS in the playoff RS comes out on top as far as location goes. I remember a few years ago RS had a playoff game at home. Them RS coaches must have some sort of voodoo magic when it to location.

by Caprock kid » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:42 pmPostby Caprock kid » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:42 pm
"I'm voting for the school that isn't RS. Them guys need a break from all the success."

OH , I guess we need a WEST team to be champ. You guys posting from out west, get a grip, these are kids playing , not you, a lot of kids read these comments, and they think they have a chance to win , even in the East!! But I will admit that the Mount Calm broadcast vs Richland Springs was a disgrace, I know those guys were from RS, but a lot of others were listening to that broadcast. What idiots slam the other team and coaches and profess to be adults ? All night long, it was " look at Mount Calm's offense" , the same plays, or wow, the Refs are siding with MC, or MC's coach is sure arguing with the Refs alot.

I said it before ,,,,, JUVENILE,, grown men sounding like eight-graders--wasn't professional at all.

Yew knowd, yew fellers iz rite. Them fellers on the radio iz a couple of neerTards. I ain't sure where they done dug them up, but they iz terrible. Talk bout butcherin' the the language. Must have found them from Brownwood MHMR or enemy worse--that Bwood WalMart...

Cougarfan13":396hjnlv said:
I said it before ,,,,, JUVENILE,, grown men sounding like eight-graders--wasn't professional at all.

I just think that it is an admirable undertaking for eighth graders to come up with a sportscast for their hometown. Aquila/Mt.Calm/CougarFan13 may be just a little jealous probably because his eighth graders sit on their rears and play on their iphones. (and he may also still be suffering from a case of the reda$$ from Friday night)

For Hound_99 and all who are questioning the fairness of of playing in Early.
Here are some mileage numbers for you:

Jonesboro to Evant 32.3 miles, to Early 72.6 miles, to Hico 29.9 miles
Richland Springs to Evant 61.7 miles to Early 35.6. to Hico 98.2 miles.
The last time Richland Springs and Jonesboro played was in Hico.
This was Richlands turn to have the closer venue.
As for Richland having a home playoff game you are correct it was against Buckholts but if will check you will see the playoff game with Buckholts the year before was played in Buckholts.
There is no vodoo involved just some fairness.

So RS has played multiple home playoff game....weird.
Fairness should include fact. Jonesboro played in RS during the playoffs against RS. There was a flip of the coin to determine the location of the playoff. When Jonesboro won RS said that Jonesboros field was to small to host the game, so Hico was Jonesboros home away from home. The next year when the two teams met again RS had the control of the site and chose RS. RS seating is no different from what Jonesboro has and can do. They brought in some temp seating from the rodeo arena.

Back