The Republic of Texas! Just for Fun....

Knowmystuff

11-man fan
JUST FOR FUN! Say Texas became its own Republic again...How many States would it have? Where are the lines drawn for the? What would be the State capitals and the National Capital City????

I bet Don Hardin will say the "State of Six-Man" and make the capital city Abilene and it would be a round cut out of the middle of Texas from Stephenville to Colorado City east and west, Vernon to Christoval north and south...

Count me in just as you say. I will be looking for someone to be the Guv of the State of Six-Man. Previous Guvs need not apply. Yes that includes you know who.

Don Hardin
Abilene

oneday":1lbnyifq said:
JUST FOR FUN! Say Texas became its own Republic again...How many States would it have? Where are the lines drawn for the? What would be the State capitals and the National Capital City????

Probably, we can make do with 5 (with a couple of naming suggestions for each):
Panhandle/Llano - Extend the current border with Okie down to Anson (my birthplace, btw), then west along 180 to the NM state line. Capital = Lubbock
Western Texas/Davis - Eastern border is 277 from Anson/Abilene to Del Rio. Capital = Either Fort Stockton or Midland/Odessa
North Central Texas/Red River - Southern border is an irregular line from San Angelo, through Brady, Lampasas, Salado and Hearne, ending at I-45, east of Madisonville. Eastern border goes from there, northward through Corsicana, Kaufman, Greenville and Bonham to the Red River. Capital = Waco
East Texas/Angelina - Western Border is the eastern border of North/Central Texas as far as Madisonville, then proceeding SSW to Port Lavaca. Capital = Nacogdoches
South Texas/Alamo - Everything that's left. Capital = Victoria

East Texas could end up being divided into a northern and southern section (maybe named Tawakoni and Jacinto?) with capitals in Tyler and Houston.

I deny that thinking this through makes me a traitor to any larger political entity currently occupying Texas soil.

TexianDoc":28jndi8r said:
oneday":28jndi8r said:

Probably, we can make do with 5 (with a couple of naming suggestions for each):
Panhandle/Llano - Extend the current border with Okie down to Anson (my birthplace, btw), then west along 180 to the NM state line. Capital = Lubbock
Western Texas/Davis - Eastern border is 277 from Anson/Abilene to Del Rio. Capital = Either Fort Stockton or Midland/Odessa
North Central Texas/Red River - Southern border is an irregular line from San Angelo, through Brady, Lampasas, Salado and Hearne, ending at I-45, east of Madisonville. Eastern border goes from there, northward through Corsicana, Kaufman, Greenville and Bonham to the Red River. Capital = Waco
East Texas/Angelina - Western Border is the eastern border of North/Central Texas as far as Madisonville, then proceeding SSW to Port Lavaca. Capital = Nacogdoches
South Texas/Alamo - Everything that's left. Capital = Victoria

East Texas could end up being divided into a northern and southern section (maybe named Tawakoni and Jacinto?) with capitals in Tyler and Houston.

I deny that thinking this through makes me a traitor to any larger political entity currently occupying Texas soil.

Need to annex Oklahoma and Louisiana so Texans could have someone to look down on.

Old Bearkat":8her6es5 said:
Need to annex Oklahoma and Louisiana so Texans could have someone to look down on.

No need to annex anyone. We can look down on "that other country" and it's border-states, just fine.

TexDoc

I say we need NM, OK, and AZ. Keep Alaska for trade and oil. And good Dicovery channel shows. But if I'm makin that point, we need Louisiana. Team Landry for life #swamppeople.

Back