The Fall of Throckmorton

Schwarzenegger

11-man fan
Even though we aren't in district yet, are we seeing the fall of Throckmorton? I never thought I would see them start out at 1-3? I'm just really shocked to see what their record is right now. What's going on, low in numbers or a young team?

Everyone loves to see a successful program struggle..returning 1 starter that had much playing time and injuries are hurting us. Tradition is strong in Throckmorton and the future looks great. I tell my senior boy to look at all of his accomplishments over the last 3 years with 2 State football titles and 1 State golf title, many kids would love to have just one of those opportunities.

I believe now is the perfect time to be in Throck. Hang in there coaches!!

Good point made. It happens to all schools eventually. Look at Brownwood, LaMarque, Celina went down for a few years, Panther Creek. Has Ft. Hancock rebounded yet?

Every team has their up seasons and their down seasons, especially in these small six man schools. Sometimes you just don't have the population of boys in school that you did. No matter the reason it's good for the great teams to get knocked down a few pegs every now and then. They need to learn how to lose sometimes. They need to remember the work that goes into building a great team. AND that's the only way for other teams who have been working hard on building a great team to get up there in the rankings and have their shot. Like life football isn't always winning every year.

DPND":1lgznfvs said:
No matter the reason it's good for the great teams to get knocked down a few pegs every now and then. They need to learn how to lose sometimes.

Dp, i think that you are about full of bull. The losers need to learn how to win, not for the winners to learn to lose. Losers, work hard and get good, then see if you can knock off a top tier team. Don't just wait for them to not have enough kids to play competitively.

Well, if every team could be great every year we'd all be better entertained and the kids would all be happy.
Nobody under 6-5. Everybody get's a playoff spot guaranteed. In a perfect world. No 15-0 teams either?
Fortunately getting beat makes people, players included, want to beat someone. Winning is contagious because it's fun. Adversity creates a challenge. You can't become a winner without facing adversity.

T-Rock has been good or great every year since they went to sixman. I won't cry any tears for them and I'm sure they are not looking for any either. Don't worry about the Greyhounds, they'll be back kicking the crap out of folks in no time.

WV Backer":30vnc3sx said:
T-Rock has been good or great every year since they went to sixman. I won't cry any tears for them and I'm sure they are not looking for any either. Don't worry about the Greyhounds, they'll be back kicking the crap out of folks in no time.

x2. Tradition doesn't graduate but in our small schools sometimes it takes a year or two off. They will be back!!

STX425":al6g2fwk said:
Maybe they aren't playing that bad.
Maybe they are playing some pretty good teams?

The teams they're playing last years Throck team would've put up 70-80 consistently on. Saw one of their games this year and honestly, they're just young. I've seen their QB miss wide open passes, receivers drop perfect ones, a RB who just isn't breaking free and a line that can't hold their own. And that's just offense. They'll be back when these players grow a little bit. It's just a rebuilding year. It looks like their district will finally have a competition for first though.

Back