Texas 6

51eleven":26x1gmvg said:
coyotefan":26x1gmvg said:
I think I just puked in my mouth

You forgot your period. Coach would probably say, inhale it up.

I imagine RS would have prevailed without him. But the record will always be somewhat tainted by the one year wonder.

Did everyone forget that "Big Rig" and company were in Richland Springs in 2018? They lost to Oakwood. So how does credit go to the Rigdon's in 2019?

tsford78":2x1ilxhl said:
51eleven":2x1ilxhl said:
coyotefan":2x1ilxhl said:
I think I just puked in my mouth

You forgot your period. Coach would probably say, inhale it up.

I imagine RS would have prevailed without him. But the record will always be somewhat tainted by the one year wonder.

Did everyone forget that "Big Rig" and company were in Richland Springs in 2018? They lost to Oakwood. So how does credit go to the Rigdon's in 2019?

RS doesnt beat Calvert without the Rigdons last year. Watch the game. If you havent, then your post is illegitimate and biased. You know Big Rig was POY last year while Griff (again) got all state. Sure hope to see them return to 6man next year.

Longhorn85":h25rmwhi said:
I give it my seal of approval ... probably captured the rivalry as well as I have ever seen it. Two Horns Up!
Longhorn85, I take back everything I said. This documentary is great! Coach Lee and Coach Reed are both amazing coaches. The coaches and communities love them and they love them back. Couldnt ask for more from a Coach. Both Strawn and Gordon have some generals leading those young men.
Again, I apologize again for taking shots at those young men who "screwed up" earlier in the show. I know they're good kids and just messed up. I know Coach Lee made them make it up for their mistake. Genuine kids, genuine town, genuine coach, genuine program, and what a documentary!

I really enjoyed the documentary! Coach Lee is a fun guy to be around, obviously does a lot for Strawn, and I think the exposure for sixman will be awesome! I noticed the show got renewed for a second season; are they going to follow Strawn again or do another team? I was a little disappointed, however, they did not even reference Richland beating Strawn to end the Greyhound's season.

Since another poster brought it up about the two kids who got caught drinking, I think that was embellished a little bit. First, many kids drink even though they are not supposed to. Next, the student-athlete "J.W." clearly said "I need a margarita" before he had surgery in front of his mom an episode before he got in trouble. From what was shown, his mother never reacted in any way, shape, or form. Why did they not publicly "call out" the student who got actually arrested? I bet J.W. got a fat check from CBS for going through all that.

While I think the laws on alcohol are silly, I would just run a kid who got caught drinking during practice for several weeks. There is no need to confront him publicly about it, other than it is better TV to do so. All the students on that show seem like fine young men, and having a little fun on the side does not dilute from your morality in my opinion.

That was not the finale...next week is the final episode

And I’m willing to bet a Strawn kid did not receive a dime for the show

I don’t recall either rigdon getting an offensive or defensive mvp at the state game at all!! Burkhart and Appleton won those titles for fun in 2019!!

Burkhart should have kicked those boys off the team just like he had their father fired as well!! The season would have gone even more smooth. They were nothing but a distraction!! That toxic family was nothing but a hindrance to coyote success!!

I feel sorry for those kids because they couldn’t pick their parents!!

Oh I have. And I was also there to witness it. Pass from Burkhart to Matt Rigdon for a TD. 5yd TD run from Matt Rigdon. Lane Shannon had a big pick 6. Burkhart to Wade Appleton for a huge receiving touchdown before half. And also Landon Burkhart scored with few seconds left in the game. So how does Matt and Griff win this game? If the Rigdon's are the reason RS won, how come they didn't win it all in 2018? They lost to Oakwood, who RS seemed to handle pretty easily the next year under Rogers and Burkhart... Just sayin! The team won, not just the Rigdon's.
As for POY, that is political like every year for as long as I can remember. Not taking anything away from Matt, but there were at least 3 on RS and 2 others in D2 that could have taken POY. Hell, Griff had less than 10 tackles all year and gets all state defensive MVP.... how does that happen? If anyone was watching RS defense, especially in the playoffs they would know that Appleton, Mosiah, Bryant, Burkhart and Shannon were forces to be reckoned with. Even Matt was a force in the state game over the center. So how did Griff win something he barley played? Politics!!! Overall Lane Shannon (#10), should have been POY. The kid was a force on both sides of the ball as well as the holder in special teams. But like I said, its political.

coyotefan":1acojlxx said:
I don’t recall either rigdon getting an offensive or defensive mvp at the state game at all!! Burkhart and Appleton won those titles for fun in 2019!!

Burkhart should have kicked those boys off the team just like he had their father fired as well!! The season would have gone even more smooth. They were nothing but a distraction!! That toxic family was nothing but a hindrance to coyote success!!

Burkhart didn't have him fired. His actions got him kicked off of not just RS campus, but a few others as well. They are sue happy. So the schoolboard thought rather than go to court and cause a big mess, that just sending him home with pay would be easier... Man did that bite RS in the rear. I bet if they could do it all over again they would have just fired him and went to court. But Burkhart didn't have him fired. He did that on his own.

tsford78":1ekzes1r said:
coyotefan":1ekzes1r said:

Burkhart didn't have him fired. His actions got him kicked off of not just RS campus, but a few others as well. They are sue happy. So the schoolboard thought rather than go to court and cause a big mess, that just sending him home with pay would be easier... Man did that bite RS in the rear. I bet if they could do it all over again they would have just fired him and went to court. But Burkhart didn't have him fired. He did that on his own.
Thanks for bringing the sixman nation up to speed on the Richland Springs Soap Opera, Probably why Strawn was selected for the Texas 6 documentary. They have some integrity and respect for the game in that area. While the Covid Coyotes relive the glory of their yester years please post a picture of the Rigdon Trophy so all can see. May be a picture of Tebow and Johnny South holding it together would be nice.

Oh my, I thought we all moved past this? To try to get back on topic, Richland or Gordon would probably get my vote if Texas 6 wanted to switch schools.

TebowTime15":e96kbb11 said:
Oh my, I thought we all moved past this? To try to get back on topic, Richland or Gordon would probably get my vote if Texas 6 wanted to switch schools.
So you are camera shy? I guess they didn't think your opinion mattered.

coyotefan":p9b5lkew said:

tsford78":p9b5lkew said:
Oh I have. And I was also there to witness it. Pass from Burkhart to Matt Rigdon for a TD. 5yd TD run from Matt Rigdon. Lane Shannon had a big pick 6. Burkhart to Wade Appleton for a huge receiving touchdown before half. And also Landon Burkhart scored with few seconds left in the game. So how does Matt and Griff win this game? If the Rigdon's are the reason RS won, how come they didn't win it all in 2018? They lost to Oakwood, who RS seemed to handle pretty easily the next year under Rogers and Burkhart... Just sayin! The team won, not just the Rigdon's.
As for POY, that is political like every year for as long as I can remember. Not taking anything away from Matt, but there were at least 3 on RS and 2 others in D2 that could have taken POY. Hell, Griff had less than 10 tackles all year and gets all state defensive MVP.... how does that happen? If anyone was watching RS defense, especially in the playoffs they would know that Appleton, Mosiah, Bryant, Burkhart and Shannon were forces to be reckoned with. Even Matt was a force in the state game over the center. So how did Griff win something he barley played? Politics!!! Overall Lane Shannon (#10), should have been POY. The kid was a force on both sides of the ball as well as the holder in special teams. But like I said, its political.
tsford78":p9b5lkew said:
coyotefan":p9b5lkew said:

Typical RS fans... lmao.. yall both should be embarrassed by your comments and short-term memory. By the way, SC (true 6man champs) wouldve made a mockery out RS this year. Tebow is actually respectable, as much as we disagree. Plus, I like his political views.
Speaking of politics, since you mentioned it (New, just joined in December RS'r), what's his name tsr something? You have a big mouth behind a keyboard, Like I said, typical RS'r. Guarantee you boys wouldnt say that to the Rigdons in their face(s). Hope to see yall at the state game!

I usually get on here to just keep up with the latest since I don't use snapbook (Or whatever todays kids are using). But I get so tired of the BS. So I finally made my account. Name is Tony. Lived in San Saba County for nearly 25 years. Followed RS since Clawson. You are? You asked me to watch the film, so I gave you a play by play from a newspaper article on how RS scored that night...You didn't answer me.... How does all the credit go to Rigdon's for 2019? Instead of answering me, you had to say that SC is the real champs. While that may be true, are you implying that RS will beat Balmorhea and you want to get the head start on saying SC would have beaten RS if they played each other? Wow! Picking RS is big surprise coming from you. On the other note, I would tell the Rigdon's exactly what I'm telling you. They didn't win it without the other RS players. Period!

P.S- Are you still on a boat practicing your boxing skills? Will Alabama win it all? (Just assuming your a roll tide since you were wearing the hoodie).

P.S.S- Did I guess wrong? Okay, you outsmarted me. You told me I have a big mouth behind the keyboard. I told you who I am. Now its your turn.

34-29 was the final score in 2019. Big Rig was a part of 2 scores which you mentioned in your first two sentences. If the Rigdons are not there, Calvert wins that ballgame. Griff was All-state 2× in a row, not all-state defensive MVP. Mathew was POY because he earned it. You claim politics and you're right! How does a RS player play JV all season and get an all-state spot? You know who I'm talking about. Also, I wouldnt be surprised if RS wins it this year, I picked Balmorhea by 20 but we will see if JB can win #9*

Anyways, instead of hijacking yet another thread with RS drama, let keep it focused on this documentary. We all know Strawn plays RS next in the series...

P.S. Come by and say hi at the state game. I'd rather meet in person and hopefully watch a good football game.

GigemSooners":1o63vme6 said:
34-29 was the final score in 2019. Big Rig was a part of 2 scores which you mentioned in your first two sentences. If the Rigdons are not there, Calvert wins that ballgame. Griff was All-state 2× in a row, not all-state defensive MVP. Mathew was POY because he earned it. You claim politics and you're right! How does a RS player play JV all season and get an all-state spot? You know who I'm talking about. Also, I wouldnt be surprised if RS wins it this year, I picked Balmorhea by 20 but we will see if JB can win #9*

Anyways, instead of hijacking yet another thread with RS drama, let keep it focused on this documentary. We all know Strawn plays RS next in the series...

P.S. Come by and say hi at the state game. I'd rather meet in person and hopefully watch a good football game.

I think you missed my point. But you're right, he did have two of the TD's. Burkhart was part of one though..... and he had a 5yd run. Obviously RS had multiple threats score that night. So if Matt Rigdon wasn't there, I'd almost be willing to bet they'd have someone else to score. So my point still remains, how does the Rigdon's win it all by themselves? Rigdon's had a chance in 2018 with different coaches... As for the Burkhart kid getting All State, you can think what you want but that's voted on by the coaches... All the ones who hate Burkhart and RS. So take what you want from that. As for meeting in person and saying hi at the game, that would be nice. But I haven't caught your name. So how will I know who to say hi too?

You are all an embarrassment. An embarrassment to this site and to Granger himself along with all the others that help and try to keep 6 man alive. I first discovered this site in 2004 and for a long time it was always booming with different topics and subjects. Now, it’s obvious that since the years have passed the threads have been dwindling. We should be lucky that we have Granger, Leman, Shad, Cowboy, and the folks over at 1A fan for doing us the service that they keep giving us year after year on their respective platforms. All you good ol’boys that are being keyboard warriors wouldn’t be talking this mess of you all met up face to face. I’m willing to put down money that if most of you got popped one good time in the mouth, you would back off. Now I’m not saying that trash talkin and general digs being taken at each other isn’t what should be done. What I am saying is, yea it is healthy to have all that stuff along side having good sportsmanship as well. All this bickering back and forth over the past puts a stain and a blight on this community. You want exposure and more recognition for these kids? Then I suggest you shut it and stop taking it away from them by being the arses that you are all being. After all, the kids are the ones who are most important. Apologies to the ones I forgot to mention earlier.

tsford78":1ar5oly7 said:
GigemSooners":1ar5oly7 said:

I would just ask for Tony on RS's side and introduce myself. Pretty simple right? Like I said, I just want to watch a good ball-game.

I think you missed my point. But you're right, he did have two of the TD's. Burkhart was part of one though..... and he had a 5yd run. Obviously RS had multiple threats score that night. So if Matt Rigdon wasn't there, I'd almost be willing to bet they'd have someone else to score. So my point still remains, how does the Rigdon's win it all by themselves? Rigdon's had a chance in 2018 with different coaches... As for the Burkhart kid getting All State, you can think what you want but that's voted on by the coaches... All the ones who hate Burkhart and RS. So take what you want from that. As for meeting in person and saying hi at the game, that would be nice. But I haven't caught your name. So how will I know who to say hi too?

I will just ask to speak to Tony on RS'S side and introduce myself. Deal?

Back